~*^<Science Experiment Uno>^*~Update 5.27 2X

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 21st, 2010, 11:23 AM
IneedCoffee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Preface with Question....

I know my body is gearing up for O. We have one at home IUI kit, so I don't want to blow it. Today is CD 10. I usually O between CD 11 and 14. I am using a fertility monitor.

Question: Would you use the kit on the first Peak day.. or the 2nd? Or would you wait until the day after the last peak? I don't want to blow it.

I will update topic post #1 as things progress.

##
5.24. Woke up with abdomenal pain. Thought it might be O but the fertility mobitor reads 'low". Probably just gas pain from last nights ice cream.
For some reason I jump straiaght from low to peak. The monitor never gives a mid/high reading for me. I suspect the peak O will be tomorrow.

5/25 Still no peak surge on the fertility monitor. Intense O pain. More so than usual. I am embarrassed to say that I was contemplating going to the ER last night.. in case it was appendicitis or something. But a Rum and Coke later.. I was able to sleep (after some nookie!).
I was CERTAIN I would have the peak readout on the monitor this morning.. and still nothing.
BUT.. so far, I have gone right from low to peak and never anything in between... so heres hoping for tomorrow. If peak falls on the weekend, we will be out this month due to a camping trip with family.

####
5/26. Low again. I haven't looked thru my past charts yet but pretty sure I've never ovulated this late. And with a low reading again today I'm fairly sure this is an anovulatory cycle.

####
5/27. Still low. No ovulation this month. Saving the kit for next month. Boo I even used 2 opk's yesterday to be sure the monitor wasn't malfunctioning and they were extremely pale. So no o and still having intense pain. Cyst? Eh.. This month is a wash. On to next month. Cycle 17 I think.

This is just the strangest cycle ever. I have excessive CM, am pp'ing like a mad woman, and have zero sex drive (which around O is completely not normal for me). I have shooting pains in my vajayajay now.. and still having "O" pains but they wrap around my abdomen like a big rubber band. Usually they are on one side or another and very distinct. Ug!! Frustration.

And yes.. I took a hpt this morning.. just to settle that. Negativooo.

My Blog

Last edited by IneedCoffee; May 27th, 2010 at 02:30 PM. Reason: updating
May 21st, 2010, 12:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
Well, tell me more about your kit. Are you actually doing a uterine insertion? If that's the case, then I would do it on the second peak day, or maybe the evening of the first peak. But, that's just my guess.

Good luck!

May 21st, 2010, 12:33 PM
It involves a catheter of sorts.. and a cervical cap. So the sperm is inserted at the cervix entrance.. but not inside if that makes sense. So if my problem is sperm entering the cervix, this wont help me. But if my problem is slow swimmers never making it up that far, this might help.
Hope that helps.

My Blog
May 21st, 2010, 12:42 PM
*Cyndee*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to *Cyndee*
I'm thinking the first so the swimmers have time to get to the gate, but I'm clueless. Are you doing to DTD the days after as well?

May 21st, 2010, 12:47 PM
Before and after! I will probably do it on the first day then. I just don't want them sitting there waiting too long. DH's swimmers aren't young whipper snappers anymore.

My Blog
May 21st, 2010, 01:38 PM
horseradishmayo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i have no advice, but best of luck!!!

Check out my etsy shop!
Crunchy Couture
use code JMMOMMY for free shipping in the US
May 21st, 2010, 01:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
Ahh, the cervical cap type thing. Gotcha. Okay, in that case, I'd go with the evening of the first PEAK day, or the morning after. If you'll be dtd before and after, you'll be getting stuff up there. But you don't want the "up close" up there for too long waiting.

May 21st, 2010, 02:46 PM
This is so silly.. lol. But I have to at least try. We will be going for the real thing in July. But I would sooo love to save that money.

Ok.. shooting for the morning after peak! We work better in the mornings.

My Blog
May 21st, 2010, 04:41 PM
I think that is an excellent plan! Keep those hips up woman!

May 21st, 2010, 09:17 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
good luck, Heather! I think that's perfect timing too I have a brand new box of instead cups (like the cervical caps, basically, but originally were used for AF) that I never opened because that was going to be our next step if the IUI alone (well, with normal BD too) didn't work... But I'm keeping them for our next go-round

I hope it works wonders for you and you don't even have to consider the IUI in July!

I'm thrilled to follow this... we'll try to make it a quick 2ww for ya and I hope you get that beautiful BFP shortly!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
May 21st, 2010, 09:34 PM
Joliving4Jesus's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Joliving4Jesus Send a message via Yahoo to Joliving4Jesus
Interesting, tell me more about this kit, dh had swimmer issues which made it take over 2 years to conceive Jacob, so I could be interested in this! I hope whatever it is that it works for you. Be careful about depleating the counts too much though, dtd too much before any sort of insemination could take the counts lower than normal, we were told to wait 30-36 hours between bding to allow the sperm time to replenish. Depending on when you get your first peak, if its morning, I'd dtd that night, if you get it at night, I'd do it the morning after, so maybe 10 hours after the first peak, sperm can easily live 1-2 days but the egg is only around 12 hours and usually it will take too long for the sperm to make it to the egg if its already sitting there waiting. I really hope you get your BFP soon, that we both do

May 22nd, 2010, 07:26 AM
spicymustard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know nothing about this but wanted to wish you luck.

May 22nd, 2010, 07:44 AM
sleepybear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope this works for you! Hang upside down for a while afterwards.

May 25th, 2010, 09:13 AM
I like the hang upside down idea.. LOL

My Blog
May 25th, 2010, 09:18 AM
With the O pains you are feeling, I bet you get your Peak reading tomorrow! And from some fun DTD last night, I think that's perfect timing for your fun experiment... Here's to a wonderful science success

May 25th, 2010, 09:53 AM
Do you test every 12 or 24 hours?

My LH surge lasts less than 24 hours , I'm lucky to catch it in the late afternoon (I used my OPK betwee 5-6 each day). If I tested only in the morning's I'd miss it.

May 25th, 2010, 11:14 AM
I use a fertility monitor now.. so it's only once a day. So far it has read peak for 2 days each cycle. When I used OPK's I used them 2x a day at the least.. i was an addict! lol

My Blog
May 25th, 2010, 05:58 PM
~Devon~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ~Devon~
Yeah I think it gives most people 2 peak days, that's what I always got. And if you do get a peak this weekend, you can always "take a walk" with DH, someone would watch Meg!! Quickie up against a tree!?
May 27th, 2010, 06:31 AM
You still may O, Heather, and it could be late for some reason, but don't count yourself out yet. I know you will be out of town this weekend, so there's no experimenting there, but you could always try to find time to get some sneaky-sneaky-winky-winky in there with DH I've had some pretty decent sized cysts, and they were not "painful" like O pain was, so my guess is your body IS gearing up to O, it just may be later. Maybe a later O is what you need to get preggo!

"they" say that ovulation up to the early 20's of a cycle is still very healthy and optimal for pregnancy, so I would say to keep testing and see what happens. If the monitor is too expensive for the strips, use your OPK's first, and when you see a glimmer of a line, then test with the monitor

May 27th, 2010, 07:16 AM
spicymustard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Have you noticed not Oing before in a cycle?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search