Dieting and Vacations

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 23rd, 2010, 08:32 AM
blessdmommy's Avatar Happy mama to 3!
Send a message via AIM to blessdmommy
Do you continue a diet when you got on vacation?

DH, the babes and I are going to MI in July. DH and I have decided that we're going to keep track of our calorie/fat intake enough to maintain our current weight at the time, so we can have a lil bit more freedom in what we eat. I know that it'll be harder for us to refuse food ect because we're guests in our in laws home and on the road...

Mama to 3, expecting #4 in December!

May 23rd, 2010, 09:51 AM
Mama Theo's Avatar Supermom Extrordinare
The biggest thing to remember is portion control. It's hard when you sit down for a meal on the road (assuming you're sitting and not stopping through the drive through, lol!) and being served an enormous sized meal and NOT eating a good majority of it because you have no where to put the leftovers and you loose track of how much you've actually been served to begin with (does that make sense? I don't think I'm saying what I mean.) When you're eating in someone's home, it's easier to serve yourself smaller portions, but in a restaurant it's harder, but you have more control of what ends up on your plate to begin with.
May 24th, 2010, 04:31 AM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'll be honest, when DH & I go on vacation in a couple weeks, the diet sorta goes out the window. We haven't had a vacation in years and part of the enjoyment for us is all the yummy boardwalk foods, then my mom's home cooking, etc. I'll watch my portions, sure, and share with DH and Leah too, but I'm not restricting myself in the actual foods that I choose.

May 24th, 2010, 05:18 AM
MommyToCooper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I try to make healthy decisions but also realize that I'm on vacation and want to enjoy myself a little. I would go crazy trying to count every calorie, but at the same time don't want to throw all my hard work out the window.

Where are you going to be in MI?
May 24th, 2010, 06:51 AM
blessdmommy's Avatar Happy mama to 3!
Send a message via AIM to blessdmommy
Meagan...I'll be in the Kalamazoo area.

Mama to 3, expecting #4 in December!

May 24th, 2010, 07:13 AM
MommyToCooper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Cool, we're a little more than an hour from Kalamazoo!
May 24th, 2010, 04:09 PM
KellersMom517's Avatar Emily-Mom to Keller Henry
Eh hem....I think I just ate Disney World. Nuff Said.

Isla 10/27/10 and Keller 4/26/08
May 25th, 2010, 07:01 AM
Alleghany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngwoman View Post
I'll be honest, when DH & I go on vacation in a couple weeks, the diet sorta goes out the window. We haven't had a vacation in years and part of the enjoyment for us is all the yummy boardwalk foods, then my mom's home cooking, etc. I'll watch my portions, sure, and share with DH and Leah too, but I'm not restricting myself in the actual foods that I choose.
I'm kind of the same way. I try to be good but I really love to eat, especially when we go out. It's not a problem at home since I've automated my food/portions but on vacay, it's hard since we're always going out to eat. We usually go to Charleston, S.C. for small get-aways and I come back 5lbs heavier since the food is unbelievably good there.

We are so sad to announce that we recently lost our twins...8wks and 16wks

We are also missing our three dogs who we lost this year..

[/URL]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search