I'm furious!!! VENT

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 27th, 2010, 10:41 AM
KandA0418's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
From day one I have not liked who i've seen!!! Everything about this pregnancy has been normal, 23 pounds gained sofar, perfect baby, so whats the problem???

I haven't been treated nicely, I want to tell them to go screw it... In my chart it says depression, so what do i get in the mail the other day, some papers on postpartum depression, (normally would be nice except I haven't even had the kid yet and I didn't have any symptoms with my son so why send it now, did not appreciate that), This is only my second child, and i'm only 24 years old and this nurse practitioner that I have been seeing kept pushing the issue, not sure if it was because greg hasn't been to an appt with me or because i don't wear my ring and she thought maybe i was single.... either way NOT an excuse to keep harping on me appt after appt on what I was doing for birth control. She kept asking about sterilization. and the last one bugs me the most... I had a cold sore about 4 years ago that I went and got swabbed because the over the counter medicine wasn't helping well as we all know its a herpes virus, well without question they were trying to prescribe me with some antibiotics at around 34 weeks pregnant because of delivery, but little did they know I wasn't diagnosed with GENTIAL HERPES!!!!!! O MAN was I FUMING. How can you go and just assume something like that, and try to prescribe me antibiotics before asking or verifying anything.

As far as todays appt, i'm NO where near closer than I was 5 weeks ago. Still 1 cm, still 50% baby moved UP instead of Down HOW is that even possible????? I'm just going to go crawl under a rock and sleep until she decides to get here. I'm not walking, sex, NOTHING anymore. Not that I've wanted to anyways but MIL was in town making me do everything possible to bring her here before she went home but obviously I did everything for NOTHING!

[/URL]
May 27th, 2010, 01:32 PM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
Im sorry hun, why havent you searched elsewear for care? i switched doctors at 30 weeks, becuase i wasnt thrilled with my OB, and i was so happy i made the switch.

As far as the baby moving up, until they drop, they can move up and down. Charlie wasnt engaged until the day i went in for my induction, the day before he was still "high".

I wouldnt let the dialation, ect get you down. Some people dont dialte until they are in active labor, its not always a slow progression. And as for sex and walking, ect, it never put me into labor, lol.
your almost there hun, you can do it!

As for BC, my doctors always asked me too. And i always just told them no, even at my 8 week pp check up, i told him no, and he kept offering other options, but i just kept declining, i think its just a normal thing to ask. ( and charlie never went to my appts either, with either kid. He usually only went to the first one and the big u/s and that was it)
May 27th, 2010, 02:31 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh man. I'd be so frustrated getting "care" from a group that treated me like that. I would seriously consider switching.

I am sorry you are so overwhelmed right now. I didn't drop until I was well into labor - which is pretty typical for a second+ pregnancy. I know it's hard, but try not to overthink it (which I was guilty of, myself, ha).... and honestly, I think you're right about not bothering with the walking/sex/whatever. I mean, it's a nice thought that it might help, but everyone I've seen who is actively trying to put themselves in labor just end up frustrated.

Maybe you should tell your hubby you require a massage. *nod* Not want - NEED. You need some time to de-stress!

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
May 27th, 2010, 02:36 PM
ElizabethS's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That would be frustrating. On another note, my nurses and doctor have asked me repeatedly about depression/anxiety and I've even had somebody from my insurance company (aetna) call to ask if I'd like info on it. I think its great taht more people are aware of PP depression as a problem in some women...and glad they are being proactive!

I hope that your LO decides to come SOON for your sake! I've got a few more weeks to go but as soon as I'm full term I am going to want to be done with it all!

Momma to Alex (2005), Cadence, (2008), Ethan (2010), Brayden (2012), and Adrianna Elise due September 19th 2014

Stepmom to two (2006, and 2009).

May 28th, 2010, 07:33 AM
jillylicious's Avatar mom always liked you best
Aww, sweetie. Switch switch switch. They sound HORRIBLE. I'd totally be leaving if I were you.

Hang in there! You're almost done! ((hugs))
May 28th, 2010, 07:45 AM
KandA0418's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I called today and switched my last and final appt to a midwife who I HOPE HOPE HOPE strips my membranes!!! It wasn't easy, they told me I wasn't allowed to switch unless talking with my practitioner first and blah but I did not let them do that. I told them how is it fair you can call me if my practitioner is out of the office at the last minute and switch me to someone but If I call to switch i'm not allowed, thats a bunch of bull, and I was the one in charge of my care not them, so she went and spoke to a supervisor and I got it switched!!!! but I put up a fight for sure.

[/URL]
May 28th, 2010, 01:28 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good for you!!!!! I'm so glad you will be seeing someone else.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search