36 week check up today

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 3rd, 2010, 06:02 AM
ElizabethS's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have my 36 week check up today. Never thought I'd make it this far! I'll update everyone when I get home.

Momma to Alex (2005), Cadence, (2008), Ethan (2010), Brayden (2012), and Adrianna Elise due September 19th 2014

Stepmom to two (2006, and 2009).

June 3rd, 2010, 12:46 PM
My blood pressure is good, I'm 157 so I gained 3lbs in the past 2 weeks. They didn't measure my belly. Urine looked good. The great thing? I was 3cm awhile back but with bed rest I actually closed back up..the last few exams I've been high, and thick, and closed (didn't even know it was possible but my doc says it is).

Well today, I am 2cm! A FULL 2cm he said and 70% effaced. He thinks I still have a "a little bit of time" (i.e. a few days....a week?) but that the contractions I'm having ARE dialating me. WOOHOO! And he had NO trouble finding my cervix, which they usually have to really root around for lol!

So...it could be anytime now literally! My doctor said I should've came in to L&D last night when they are 3 min apart...said they would have sent me home but better safe than sorry. He's worried about a fast delivery with me and wants me to be able to get my epidural that I want.

So he says if I get contractions 5 min apart for 1 hour to head to L&D and we'll be having a baby!!! He's very proud of me for making it this far!

Momma to Alex (2005), Cadence, (2008), Ethan (2010), Brayden (2012), and Adrianna Elise due September 19th 2014

June 3rd, 2010, 12:53 PM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
Are you worried about a fast labor? Im just saying, while 36 weeks is a great milestone ( especially with all the problems you have gone through) but at the same time its still super early, so i know if it were me, i wouldnt go in unless i really thought it was it. I wouldnt want to be induced at 36 weeks.

I had contractions 3-7 minutes apart almost daily for about 4 weeks at the end of my pregnancy.

Just saying!
Im glad everything is going good though! I didnt know the cervix could close up either, but hey, i think anything is possible with pregnancy!!
June 3rd, 2010, 01:10 PM
My last labor progressed quick. I was 3cm at my 38 wk check up and 1 hour later ended up in the ER and was 6cm and barely got my epidural in time to make it effective for me to deliver.

I live an hour away from the hospital, so there is no way I'm waiting until the last minute to go in lol!

I'm not going to be induced, and they won't help things along, at all, unless my water breaks =). So no worries about being induced or helped along but if things happen naturally I want to be there!

(PS My last labor was 6 hrs long from start to finish. Doc thinks I may go faster than that this time and 1 hour of that will be driving TO the hospital, after having contractions for AT LEAST an hour at home.)

June 3rd, 2010, 02:31 PM
KellersMom517's Avatar Emily-Mom to Keller Henry
Wow lady! You are a speedy birther! LOL - great news on the checkup and for making it this far!! So exciting! Can't wait to meet the little one.

Isla 10/27/10 and Keller 4/26/08

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search