Brooklynn's Birth Story/ Pictures

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 5th, 2010, 04:04 PM
KandA0418's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It started Tuesday (6/1) Went to the doc appt she stripped my membranes, I had my bloody show for all of Wednesday I had some contractions but nothing painful or time-able so we went for a walk and got some dinner. Came home to put austin to bed and relax (just in case) We sat down to watch some Tv around 11pm, I bounced alittle on the birthing ball and just happened to time One contraction to the next... 7 Mins apart! So I got on ContractionMaster.com to time how long they were lasting and sure enough they were lasting about 1min 20 seconds. I got some things done around the house, greg and austin were in bed, I did laundry, watched a few movies/ shows, I attempted to lay down and sleep but it was too uncomfortable. The contractions weren’t getting any stronger just closer together, so about 345am ( 4 hours ) I figured it was time to head to the hospital to get checked out. Gathered up everything we needed , called Laura (Austins daycare) told her it was time, and we headed out. Every bump was HORRIBLE. We got to the hospital around 430, was admitted to room 7, changed into the gown and sat for 20 mins for monitoring(uncomfortable) during that time the midwife came in to check me and proudly said your 5cm, once the 20 mins were up I was allowed to get onto the birthing ball, but it just wasn’t right for me so I sat in a chair working through contractions just me and greg. My mom was on her way up and Gregs mom was coming from 3 hours away. I requested the epidural so they hooked me up to the iv for some hydration and took some blood and got the tech for the epidural in to start the process. Finally the relief came about 545-6 am he told me to expect the have a few more contractions that I could feel, I had 2 before my water broke all on its own. It started to get tingly, I thought to myself YAY relief, a few more contractions hit and all I could feel was pressure. The nurse moved me to my left side, and that’s when it all began… The contractions ofcourse were hitting harder and stronger since my water broke and the pressure was insane. I had tons of pressure in my bottom so the nurse checked me and I was a 6cm. I flipped to the other side she checked me again.. 8 cm WOO HOO. Gregs mom still not here and we were moving FAST, 2 more contractions came and went and it was TIME to push. They turned my epidural off so it was almost a natural delivery 4/5 pushes later I pulled Brooklynn right up to my chest. She is exact image of Austin!! Brooklynn Marie Born 6/3/2010 715am 8lbs 20in (On her due date)

Labor was Fantastic, I am soooo thankful for staying home and laboring most of it at home. 8 hours from start to finish and only 3 of them at the hospital. Poor gregs mom made it in as soon as she came out : ( She feels sooo bad for not leaving sooner.

Some Pics to share, We have not shared any on facebook.

[/URL]
June 5th, 2010, 04:18 PM
Ditzzy's Avatar Stupid Lamb;)
Send a message via Yahoo to Ditzzy
Awww What a sweetheart she is. Congrats! She looks so much like her big brother.

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my siggy!
June 5th, 2010, 04:21 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Love the pictures and your birth story. So glad it all went well!!! I love Austin's big brother t-shirt, baby Paul has the same one that says "little brother".

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
June 5th, 2010, 04:33 PM
Tonya_Ashlyn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
such a cutie!!!!
June 5th, 2010, 05:11 PM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
omg she is sooooo sweet, and your right, she is IDENTICAL to austin!!!

Congrats hun!! Im so glad you finally had her!
June 5th, 2010, 05:19 PM
Julka
Wow... she looks JUST like Austin, and so much hair, too!
Congrats, Kim!! Enjoy her. =)
June 5th, 2010, 05:57 PM
ElizabethS's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations!

Momma to Alex (2005), Cadence, (2008), Ethan (2010), Brayden (2012), and Adrianna Elise due September 19th 2014

Stepmom to two (2006, and 2009).

June 5th, 2010, 06:09 PM
blessdmommy's Avatar Happy mama to 3!
Send a message via AIM to blessdmommy
She's adorable! Congrats mama!!

Mama to 3, expecting #4 in December!
rate 6/5/2014: 164 rate 6/23/2014: 165 14w5d

June 5th, 2010, 06:17 PM
KellersMom517's Avatar Emily-Mom to Keller Henry
Sounds like you had a great birth!!! She's so cute and I love how much hair she has!! Hope everything is going smoothly Congrats!

Isla 10/27/10 and Keller 4/26/08
June 6th, 2010, 03:24 AM
Jaime
Kim- what a cutie you have there! Congrats!

Thank you Julka for my siggy!
June 6th, 2010, 03:39 AM
aprilmiracle's Avatar Single Mom to Birk
Congrats Kim, she is absolutely perfect! And she certainly does look exactly like Austin! Sounds like a wonderful birth story, well done mama!

June 6th, 2010, 07:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Aww, hun. She's sooo cute.

[IMG]h ttp://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc187/kellybabe05/natural2.gif[/IMG]
June 6th, 2010, 08:42 AM
IBake2Boys+1Girl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to IBake2Boys+1Girl Send a message via MSN to IBake2Boys+1Girl Send a message via Yahoo to IBake2Boys+1Girl Send a message via Skype™ to IBake2Boys+1Girl
How gorgeous is she!!! So glad you had such a good experience Kim! Congrats on the baby girl! PS...tell her to send some hair Emma's way! LOL!

Marie {mom to}
Ethan (7), Patrick (4), Emma (2)
Happily Married to Nathan (4.28.07)
June 6th, 2010, 11:15 AM
bessie17's Avatar mommy2caden&adisyn
Oh Kim, congratulations! She is beautiful and I'm SO jealous of all her hair! You have a beautiful family!! Austin looks like a proud brother

Colleen, loving mother to Caden (4yrs; 04-17-2008) and Adisyn (2yr; 01-14-2010)
June 7th, 2010, 07:24 AM
jillylicious's Avatar mom always liked you best
Congrats, hon! What a good story - and she is SO cute!
June 7th, 2010, 10:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow, they look so much alike! Congratulations! She is beautiful!
June 11th, 2010, 12:32 PM
TallyGirl22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow awesome story. She does look just like Austin! How cute.

Happy 5th Birthday to my princess Elizabeth!

[/CENTER]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search