When to tell?

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 24th, 2010, 10:56 AM
*~~Shannon~~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm really torn about when to spill the beans. It's still super early, but I want to tell everybody. At the same time, it's my family that I'm most concerned about telling. My parents won't be thrilled; they probably won't be upset, but just not ecstatic, kwim? They seem to equate home ownership with readiness to have children.

A couple of people know so far and we only told people we knew would be happy about the news. A couple of girls from my local mommies group, a good friend of mine who has kids, and a friend of DH's.

Part of my concern is work. I don't want to be babied, but there are some things I feel like I need to be careful with, like some of the harsh chemical cleaners, etc. Last time, I told them right away, but that's because I was paranoid about having MS and needing to run to the bathroom and explain why I was vomiting. Since I never really had any MS last time, I'm not super concerned about that.

Should I tell, should I wait, I don't know!?

June 24th, 2010, 11:08 AM
*Cyndee*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to *Cyndee*
After the bleeding scare I had I was really wishing I had waited until I had seen the heartbeat.

June 24th, 2010, 11:08 AM
IneedCoffee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would confide in one person at work.. someone who will have your back if you are expected to do something you just cannot do... until the first tri is over. Work places can be screwy about pregnancies. I was pretty much written off when I was pregnant with Meg.. and it was annoying. My career took 2 steps back because of the way I was treated. Do what you feel is best!

My Blog
June 24th, 2010, 11:12 AM
LisaMarie!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When i was pregnant, I had to tell work. I was in the military so they had to know because of some training, job requirement. I wasn't treated any different beside some of the stuff i couldn't do but I didn't mind. I was suppose to deploy so they had to know to remove me off the list.

I told everyone. I knew they would be there if I m/c

<
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

June 24th, 2010, 01:33 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
I always think it's best to wait until the heartbeat.
June 27th, 2010, 12:19 PM
GirliMumi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Because I ended up in the hospital, throwing up beside my bosses office and having to leave during an event at work because of bleeding I ended up telling them about 5 wks in. I got preg on may 3rd and was out on sick leave/bedrest on June 11th to the 2nd wk in september so I wasn't too far along. When I got back there were some people who didn't try know. Just the supervisor and my replacement I needed to train over the phone!
June 27th, 2010, 04:00 PM
spicymustard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's a tough one. I know it's super early but it was nice to have family support when I m/c before Lilly. I think maybe telling a few people for now?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search