Mastitis

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 27th, 2010, 08:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I guess this is just a vent...I feel pretty sorry for myself about right now. My fever's 102, I feel like I have the flu, and I can't even go see my baby I feel so awful. And of course it is the weekend so I can't get in to see a doctor until hopefully tomorrow - at which point I will still have to take my feverish self and three little kids downtown to the appointment. I guess I should count myself lucky that this is the fourth child I have nursed and the first time I have got this, because it really stinks! Everything was going so well too. I felt great, Katy was nursing well, and I thought she might be home as early as Monday or Tuesday. Now I'm sick as a dog, and when I called to check on her they said she had stopped eating and was back on a feeding tube. So she just bought herself like another week. She's full term now too, and looks great other than her eating issues.
June 27th, 2010, 03:29 PM
DonovinsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
aww sorry hunny! I hope you feel better soon! It passes just make sure that you are massaging the clogged duct so that it passes soon!!! I hope that baby Katy starts eating on her own again!!
June 27th, 2010, 08:03 PM
Ali15's Avatar LovingMy3Miracles
Aw, I hope you feel better soon. I never had mastitis with Brennan, but I've had it twice now with Jamie (and had all the flu-like symptoms both times). I started pumping after the second time I got it and haven't had it since. Not sure if the pumping is helping or if it's just coincidence...? Anyway, I know exactly how you feel, so I really hope you feel better soon!!
June 28th, 2010, 06:47 AM
MommyToCooper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope you feel better soon. I had horrible mastitis with Cooper before he started nursing and I was exclusively pumping. Probably had it a total of 5-6 times with the the knock you on your butt flu like symptoms.

I hope it clears up soon!
June 28th, 2010, 07:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyToCooper View Post
I hope you feel better soon. I had horrible mastitis with Cooper before he started nursing and I was exclusively pumping. Probably had it a total of 5-6 times with the the knock you on your butt flu like symptoms.

I hope it clears up soon!
Oh yikes! I think if I get it a second time I am calling it quits.
June 28th, 2010, 09:52 AM
Yeah, I was overly determined to BF. Luckily it stopped when I stopped pumping and started BFing.
June 28th, 2010, 10:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Maybe that is my problem. I only breastfeed maybe twice a day, then have to pump all the other times since she isn't home yet. I made an appointment with my doctor for this afternoon. I am really wondering if I should go or not, since my fever is gone and I feel a bit better. I don't want to drag all the kids over there unless I need to. But if it gets worse again I'll be sorry, I waited three days for this appointment afterall.
June 28th, 2010, 11:00 AM
They may put you on antibiotics to clear up any infection. I hope it doesn't come back and that when she is home and BFing exclusively it stays away. Keep us posted.
June 28th, 2010, 02:50 PM
happyhme44's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh hun this is just plain yucky... I had quite a few ducts here and there. I just never got something this serious. I was able to get it unclogged with the hot wash cloths and massaging it. I hope Katy is home soon and this will be all behind you.

~Thank you Claire for my beautiful siggy!~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search