2nd timer questions...

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 8th, 2010, 04:30 PM
IneedCoffee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I already posted a little while back that with a second I wouldn't join a DDC. Too much drama, and I hate getting to know people. I like you guys.. so I am staying put.

But I have a few questions.

When do you start showing with the 2nd?

Did you have any leakage with the 2nd pregnancy? If so, when did it begin? I am paranoid to have boobie leakage during a job site meeting.

Did you have the same symptoms the 2nd time around? Or was the 2nd (or consecutive) pregnancy a whole different animal from the first?

At times I am anxious, but knowing this is my last, I am also being extremely patient. I am usually a very impatient person. I guess I am just enjoying every moment as much as I can. It has been proven time and time again in my own past as well as in this PR that pregnancies don't always last as long as we expect, so I will try to enjoy every moment I have with the life growing inside of me. It really is a beautiful experience.

Feeling very emotional today.

My Blog
July 8th, 2010, 05:08 PM
spicymustard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well I can't answer all those questions but I've checked out the feb ddc and it just feels weird in a big new place like that. Haven't done a whole lot of posting there.

So far I haven't had the same gas pains as I did with Lilly but I am way more tired and have some waves of naseua come over me which i didn't with Lilly.

Also I am way less paranoid this time which is weird for me. I figure I'll enjoy the moment for what it is and if something happens then I'll deal with it then. I've been way less emotional about things since my brother died so I don't know if that's a reason why.

July 8th, 2010, 05:29 PM
noworries
My pregnancies have all been very similar. Showed about the same, similar symptoms, etc. No leakage.
I'm also just trying to enjoy it all but it's hard sometimes not to get impatient.
July 8th, 2010, 05:39 PM
*Cyndee*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to *Cyndee*
Other than some bloat, I wasn't yet showing by 10 weeks.
But a mom that uses my daycare was due 4 days after me and was showing BIG time when I saw her 2 weeks ago. She lost all her previous baby weight though. I did not. Far from.

My boobs have always leaked when squeezed, but no 'let down' during pregnancy.

My symptoms were the same, even 3 weeks on progesterone (which is supposed to intensify M/s and stuff). Instead of very tender boobs they were just achy and full feeling. No M/S, nausea, or aversions. I had vision problems and sinus issues.

I know what you mean about enjoying while it lasts. I feel kind of dumb buying ****. I am spending all day tomorrow returning stuff and unloading on CL what I can't return. I figure I'll use the money back to get myself a hair cut and maybe some clothes for my FL trip. I really want a sundress. I do not regret telling everyone like some women don't want to do. I'm glad my family and friends (and employers) know what I am going through. They have been so supportive.

And the first month or so in a DDC is tough while things settle down. I found that the past few weeks in the Jan club were great, really nice bunch of ladies and I had a good feeling about the group. I lurked in Feb and didn't get the same vibe (sorry Jac). But it is what you make of it, and the leaders that surface can really set the tone.

July 8th, 2010, 05:46 PM
~Devon~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ~Devon~
As far as a new DDC, none will compare. Lurk and post occasionally or jump right in!

I think I started showing around 12/13 weeks. At least I could tell, I probably just looked fatter to people that didn't know lol.

No boob leakage here. None at all (knock on wood) I didn't have any during my pregnancy with Jacob either.

My first symptoms were a metallic taste in my mouth, the + test (lol) then cramping and stretching. Finally, the most fun, the vomiting and nausea. That for me was completely different because I didn't get sick once when pregnant with Jacob. Round ligament pain this time was much worse too, so bad that a couple times I almost dropped to the floor when I stepped wrong.
July 8th, 2010, 06:07 PM
*~*SnowHibiscus*~*'s Avatar I ♥ my girls!
This one has been physically harder. Nausea was worse but started and ended about the same time as the first. Boobs hurt like a mother this time too but no leakage. It hurts to walk, hurts when I have to pee, and hurts rolling over in bed. I feel like I've whined a lot this time but sometimes I am so miserable. And god help me when kayla bumps my belly. I've tried to enjoy it since its my last though.

I def started showing earlier but weight gain has been about the same. Maybe a little more but not drastic.

The new DDC is ok but I don't see myself hanging around after she's here.

July 8th, 2010, 06:25 PM
This one has been physically harder. Nausea was worse but started and ended about the same time as the first. Boobs hurt like a mother this time too but no leakage. It hurts to walk, hurts when I have to pee, and hurts rolling over in bed. I feel like I've whined a lot this time but sometimes I am so miserable. And god help me when kayla bumps my belly. I've tried to enjoy it since its my last though.

I def started showing earlier but weight gain has been about the same. Maybe a little more but not drastic.

The new DDC is ok but I don't see myself hanging around after she's here.

July 8th, 2010, 06:27 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
I was funny... swore I wouldn't join a DDC, and now I'm co-host of ours (Sept) and I actually love it. WE have a good group of gals and very little drama (except losses and early births). I'm quite surprised, myself

Pregnancy... almost mirror image of Kensley's! Little m/s, didn't show til maybe 15 weeks or so (but I've got padding to hide it anyway), no leakage so far, pains are all the same, boobs are NOT sore and they were with Kensley, and this worries me a bit for nursing... It's been perfect.

8 or so weeks to go!!!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
July 8th, 2010, 06:33 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
When do you start showing with the 2nd? I think I started showing around 16 weeks.

Did you have any leakage with the 2nd pregnancy? If so, when did it begin? I am paranoid to have boobie leakage during a job site meeting. I leaked with Walter starting at 20 weeks. Didn't have any of that until the very end with Sam, although I was still nursing Walter so that may have had something to do with it.

Did you have the same symptoms the 2nd time around? Or was the 2nd (or consecutive) pregnancy a whole different animal from the first? TOTALLY different the second time. I had the worst nausea with Sam, much much worse than with Walter. It was so strong that I can't even watch some of the same cartoons that I would put on for Walter when I was feeling ill because they still bring back the feelings of nausea. The association is that strong. On the flip side, once the nausea wore off around 18 weeks, I felt incredible. I didn't really feel pregnant (aside from reflux which I just took meds for), I was super positive about how much energy I had. I was able to carry Walter around and had a great attitude. I did have some major pelvic pain towards the end, but I was carrying a pretty large baby so it's not surprising.
July 8th, 2010, 08:33 PM
LisaMarie!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When do you start showing with the 2nd? I think around 15 or 16 weeks.

Did you have any leakage with the 2nd pregnancy? If so, when did it begin? No, not unless I squeezed them.

Did you have the same symptoms the 2nd time around? Or was the 2nd (or consecutive) pregnancy a whole different animal from the first? the were both differnet. Aiden I had cramping really bad at the beginning. Within a week of find out I would sit there bending over becasue the camping so was bad. We would go out to eat and it would start to happen and I couldn't eat because of the camping. Preston I didn't have this happen.

With PReston I had horrible heartburn and I was nausea where I had to eat crackers.

<
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

July 9th, 2010, 06:43 AM
sleepybear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think I started showing around 5 months, but I'm pretty overweight. I leaked a little the last month or so - I didn't with Haley. With Blake I was more uncomfortable, but that could be because I was chasing Haley around. With Haley I just sat at my desk at work all day.

July 9th, 2010, 07:14 AM
So.. what is this initial bloating stuff?? My stomach is 2x the size it was 2 weeks ago, and my diet and routine has not changed any. Is this normal? I look like a whale.

My Blog
July 9th, 2010, 07:38 AM
noworries
Bloating is totally normal at first.
July 9th, 2010, 07:42 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
Bloating is totally normal. I thought I was showing at like 6-7 weeks, but then it was mysteriously gone for a few weeks, then I was really showing! I'd say that was around 10-12 weeks, but most people didn't really notice until 19-20 unless I was wearing a tight shirt. I never leaked with either baby, thank God! I didn't have morning sickness with Kaija but had it bad with Kolbie. I was more tired and sore with Kolbie, but like Alyssa that may have more to do with chasing a toddler around than being pregnant. I had horrible heartburn with both.
July 9th, 2010, 08:57 AM
oh yeah, I forgot about the bloating. UGH.

July 9th, 2010, 09:44 AM
~Devon~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ~Devon~
Yeah I was bloated in the beginning too.
July 9th, 2010, 10:14 AM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
It's normal. No, you aren't showing yet. But that's why a lot of second timers start wearing preggo clothes right away. Your body is all stretched out and for some reason the bloat gets really bad with the weak muscle tone I think. Happened with me, by the end of the day I looked 5 months pregnant.
July 9th, 2010, 01:11 PM
I knew I wasn't showing.. I was just trying to figure out why my belly became a balloon... and when I could expect to be semi-normal again.

Thanks

My Blog
July 9th, 2010, 02:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy

I started showing right about 20 weeks or so

Did you have any leakage with the 2nd pregnancy? If so, when did it begin?

No, I have never leaked while pregnant

Did you have the same symptoms the 2nd time around? Or was the 2nd (or consecutive) pregnancy a whole different animal from the first?

Yes, being pregnant with Mason was way different. I never really got sick with Kaylee. With Mason, it was awful. I stayed sick up until about 24 weeks or so. Then I ate my way through the rest of the pregnancy, LOL. It was more uncomfortable b/c I was chasing Kaylee around, in school and worked.... it was a very stressful time! But it was so worth it!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
July 11th, 2010, 10:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
pregnancy after Thomas was a m/c so I am going w Collin
Collin around 12-14 wks, but it wasn't notice-able to people who didn't know until 16-18 weeks

Did you have any leakage with the 2nd pregnancy? If so, when did it begin? I am paranoid to have boobie leakage during a job site meeting.
I did, never stopped after Thomas, but I never leaked enough EVER to show through my bra, let alone a shirt..

Thomas and Collin both were pretty much identical, only difference was the movement.
W/ Bailey now that was a heII I'd do all over again in a heartbeat I was SO sick all day for the whole pregnancy and contractions started between 16 and 18 weeks and lasted the whole pregnancy..

At times I am anxious, but knowing this is my last, I am also being extremely patient. I am usually a very impatient person. I guess I am just enjoying every moment as much as I can. It has been proven time and time again in my own past as well as in this PR that pregnancies don't always last as long as we expect, so I will try to enjoy every moment I have with the life growing inside of me. It really is a beautiful experience.

That is what I kept telling myself with Bailey, it could be ( I hope ) the very last time I get to experience it, as much as I complained ab the pain and m/s, I truly did enjoy and cherish the time.

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search