Questions about m/c

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 14th, 2010, 06:54 PM
*Cyndee*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to *Cyndee*
I know a few of us have had m/c and went on to have babies. About how long after your m/c did you get pregnant again?

I bought opk's again. I guess I want to monitor what my cycle does from here out. *shrug*

Last edited by *Cyndee*; July 14th, 2010 at 07:20 PM.
July 14th, 2010, 07:19 PM
I also want to ask, how important is it to not have sex for 3 weeks after a d&c (and natural miscarriage)?

The bleeding has stopped and I just want to be with my husband again. I will admit to not finishing my antibiotics, it just doesn't feel necessary. Things seem fine.

I was told to wait until after my follow up but July 27 seems so far away. I want to be with my husband before I leave for Florida.

July 14th, 2010, 07:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
No hb was found on 10/3/06. I started TTC in the beginning of March 07, conceived in April, BFP in May, Collin came Jan 17th 08

Then of course Bailey came after that

Take your time Cyndee. The next pregnancy will definitely have more emotional stresses. I remember with Collin (And especially Bailey) being so stressed out in the beginning.

with the m/c I started lightly spotting after dtd, and found out 2 days later the baby was measuring right on with the EDD, but was gone.
then w collin I again started spotting after dtd at ab 7 wks. I FREAKED!
No spotting w Bailey, but we didn't dtd during the 1st 15 or so weeks at all...

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
July 14th, 2010, 08:14 PM
.Michelle.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My Dr told me to wait 3 cycles until I TTC again but I got pregnant after 2 and had Zane. I heard you have a greater risk of having another m/c if you get pregnant right after but I don't know how true that is or not.

July 14th, 2010, 08:26 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
After my m/c my Dr. said we should wait 1 cycle (so basically 2 months) to start TTC again, but he also added he wasn't sure why they (Dr.'s) told women that because there really wasn't any reason not to. Usually it's for emotional reasons rather than physical. For my my m/c was March 29, '09 and it took until June for my cycle to get back to normal. AF arrived June 26th, Kolbie was concieved July 12th. April was anovulatory, May was just weird, June I was mentally back on track and July I was finally stress-free at work and it was "just time" again I guess!
July 14th, 2010, 09:24 PM
~Devon~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ~Devon~
my m/c was in January '07 and we conceived in April '07. I don't remember, we probably waited at least 1 cycle.
July 14th, 2010, 10:35 PM
Super Mommy
Before I had Kylie, I had a m/c in August of 07. We were told to wait two cycles. We went to Cancun for Christmas time so took a break for the free all inclusive cocktails and then got pregnant with Ky in April.
July 15th, 2010, 03:56 AM
Blessedx3
I was told with my m/c in 05 to wait 3 cycle to decrese the chance of another m/c. It took me 18 cycles
To get pregnant with hope.
July 15th, 2010, 06:17 AM
*Mommie2Timmy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to *Mommie2Timmy*
I cannot be a help on TTC front, but as for the DTD, I believe part of why they want you to wait is risk of infection. It may take some time for your cervix to be actually be 100% closed and it not being closed can be a risk for foreign material getting into your uterus and for a uterine infection to possibly develop ( I have to check my maternity notes on what else there is, but I am pretty certain about the infection)... I cannot say to or not to, as I can understand your want and need to be with your husband! but if you do it might be a good idea to keep the antibiotics they gave you around Just in case!

Laura ~ Tim ~ Timmy

July 15th, 2010, 06:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Mommie2Timmy* View Post
I cannot be a help on TTC front, but as for the DTD, I believe part of why they want you to wait is risk of infection. It may take some time for your cervix to be actually be 100% closed and it not being closed can be a risk for foreign material getting into your uterus and for a uterine infection to possibly develop ( I have to check my maternity notes on what else there is, but I am pretty certain about the infection)... I cannot say to or not to, as I can understand your want and need to be with your husband! but if you do it might be a good idea to keep the antibiotics they gave you around Just in case!
Do you think using a condom would help reduce the risk?
I think I'd finish the antibiotics if we DTD I'm not totally stupid

July 15th, 2010, 06:40 AM
sleepybear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
After our m/c we were told to wait 3 months. We decided to start ttc once my cycle started back up, but it never happened. We got Blake's bfp one month after the m/c. I didn't know you could o that quickly, but some people say you're more fertile after a m/c.

I didn't have a d&c though... it passed on its own. So I'm not sure how that plays into it.

July 15th, 2010, 07:03 AM
Veteran
Cyndee, I don't get on too often, but I am just catching up. I am deeply sorry for your loss.

Although I did not have a DNC for either one of my miscarriages, my doctor told be I did not have to wait to TTC at all. He said when I felt comfortable I could start trying again. He said people usually wait at least one cycle to get back on track. He also did not agree with a lot of the medical community on waiting the 3 months. We dtd about 10 days to 2 weeks after both. My first I miscarried in Oct 06 and then again in Jan 07. I think if you feel ready you should be able to be intimate before your trip...just finish those antibiotics! Even if you feel fine... Hugs!

July 15th, 2010, 08:02 AM
spicymustard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We didn't wait at all. We had the m/c and I never had a never cycle after that because I was preg with Lilly. I passed the baby naturally though so no D&C. It was super emotional at first with lilly. I had spotting with her after every run or hike which completely stressed me out.

I think with D&Cs they say wait 3 months since they scrape your lining out (could be wrong but thats what I think I read when I researched if we could ttc again right away).

July 15th, 2010, 09:09 AM
horseradishmayo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i was told to wait 1 cycle also (no D&C), but we didn't dtd for maybe 2.5 months after my m/c because i was just too emotional still. i m/c in December, started NTNP in Feb and then got preg in May.

((hugs)) Cynd. this m/c crap blows.

Check out my etsy shop!
Crunchy Couture
use code JMMOMMY for free shipping in the US
July 15th, 2010, 09:10 AM
IneedCoffee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
^---- yes, that is what I read also. And the doctor said it weakens the cervix (?) or something, so you have to wait so it strengthens again or something like that.

I am no help on the timing thing though. I did not try to TTC after my first.. and after my second x-dh deployed, so it was almost 5 years between M/C and TTC for both.

My Blog
July 15th, 2010, 10:51 AM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
After each of my m/c's I needed to sit one fully cycle out of treatment so it basically ended up being 2 - 3 months later that the next attempt was made. My first m/c was IVF cycle 3, I got pregnant again IVF cycle 5 which was about 5 months later after that loss I got preggo the next cycle but there was about a 5 month break in between for some testing and surgery.

I don't really know the answer to the 3 month rule for waiting to DTD, but cervical infection seems like a good answer. Although if during an IVF cycle they only sit you out one full cycle then I'm not sure that is the reason.

As for the antibiotics, you really should finish them. My doctor told me once that they don't harp on it and make you take them longer than you feel sick just for the heck of it. I believe it has something to do with the future uses of that same antibiotic and it's effectiveness.

July 15th, 2010, 10:56 AM
ok. Well some of the moms on the pg loss board said it should be ok to dtd once you stop bleeding, which it's been 5 days since I stopped spotting. I will finish the antimeds and try DTD tomorrow. I have my old OBGYN in Florida or I can call my own here if I have any problems. Emotionally I think I need this. You all know that our physical relationship is important to DH and I. As for TTC we don't plan on hiring a goalie but until I know what my cycle is going to do I'm not making any plans, I guess I was looking for hope that it wouldn't take a year, since my cut off is approaching. I have to get my thyroid recheck when I get back as well, so there is some groundwork to do.

July 15th, 2010, 04:04 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I didn't wait at all after my m/c and conceived immediately. My doctor at the time was an asshat and didn't believe that I had a m/c so I didn't get any sort of direction of when we could ttc again.
July 15th, 2010, 04:48 PM
Angel_Maker
After A&N it took over 2 years to get preggo again (but apparently I'm a freak of nature)

I lost Tres on Nov. 3rd 2009 and I had a D&C that day.....exactly 2 months later on January 3rd 2010 I ovulated and got preggo with Evan
July 26th, 2010, 07:57 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to faith4hope4
I have not logged on to the forum in a long time. I am so sorry for your loss and the rest of the girls on here who have had m/c. We had multiple miscarriages before Cayden and then got pregnant with Chase 11 months later. It is a hard time. When you feel ready to be with your husband again, then it is the right time. Good luck and take care.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search