Update from yesterday's appt

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 21st, 2010, 10:22 AM
*~~Shannon~~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had my u/s for dating yesterday. Because my dr's office sees a fair number of high-risk patients, it's their policy to do a quick u/s (done by the nurse) at every appt for the heartbeat. Anyway, last week, the nurse seemed to really be looking for something then commented that she "thought" there was only one baby.

Fast forward to yesterday, the ultrasound tech (who works in the office two days a week) tells me that the nurse had made a comment in my file to look for twins. The tech said she only saw one, but because the baby only measured 7w3d (I knew I O'd late, but the nurse didn't listen to me) rather than the 8w3d I "should" have been, there could still be a surprise later. She said it can be hard to tell really early on, because one can hide behind the other.

They scheduled the NT screening for 5 weeks from now. I wanted to cancel it, because I'm really not that interested in having the test done, but at the same time, I'm really curious. I always thought having twins would be great, but I'm kind of freaking out now. DH is totally cool with it. His response was "cool, we can use both of the names we like" because he's convinced it would be two boys.

Whatever will be, will be. I'm 95% sure it's just one baby, but now that two different people have commented that maybe there is two in there, my mind is running. It didn't ease my mind talking to a friend with twins who didn't know she was having twins until her 20w u/s.

In other news, the new EDD is pretty much what I expected it to be, which is March 5th. I didn't get a BFP until CD32, so I fully expected it to get pushed back 5-7 days. Deuce's HR was 146.

July 21st, 2010, 12:53 PM
horseradishmayo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
wow, exciting about the possibility of twins! do you have any feelings about gender yet?

Check out my etsy shop!
Crunchy Couture
use code JMMOMMY for free shipping in the US
July 21st, 2010, 01:07 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
Very interesting!!
July 21st, 2010, 01:26 PM
I have no inkling as far as gender. I'm so over-analyzing this (I know that's totally shocking for me, right? ). Since I got my BFP, my BBs have grown like crazy, I've been exhausted constantly despite the fact that I have a MUCH easier schedule than I did while I was pg with Liam, I'm hungry all.the.time, and I've had quite a bit of morning sickness that I didn't have at all really with Liam.

Anyone know where the OFF switch for my brain is?

July 21st, 2010, 05:09 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
Interesting! Sam's DD was March 6th. March is the perfect month to have a baby.
July 21st, 2010, 06:28 PM
LisaMarie!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristenpie View Post
Interesting! Sam's DD was March 6th. March is the perfect month to have a baby.
Isn't it weired to picture when she has her baby... Sam will be a year...

<
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

July 21st, 2010, 06:50 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
It is. Crazy!
July 22nd, 2010, 06:01 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
It will be interesting to see what a later scan shows. I'm going to make an official guess that it's a girl
July 22nd, 2010, 08:30 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
March is a pretty good month to have a baby
July 22nd, 2010, 08:46 AM
spicymustard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow! That would be crazy if it was twins!

July 22nd, 2010, 10:01 AM
I decided I'm going to try to take DH's approach to this. If it is twins, it's fine. Sure, it will be tough, but it's not impossible. Either way will be great.

I just need to turn my brain off in the mean time. I don't have another appt until 8/9 and that's just the nurse doing the u/s that day. My next real u/s isn't until 8/24. It's going to be a long month.

July 22nd, 2010, 11:27 AM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
That's exciting, seeing the h/b is awesome! I must've missed something as to why there would be thoughts of twins. I don't know any stats, but I don't think it's the norm to not see both h/b's by this point. Either way it's very exciting!

July 22nd, 2010, 01:55 PM
I'm pretty sure at this point that it's just one, but the fact that the nurse and the u/s tech made comments about it got my head spinning. I don't really understand exactly what they saw that made them say that.

The nurse said before the u/s that she's not a trained u/s tech and can't diagnose anything, and that she'd be looking for a HB, nothing else. So maybe she thought she saw another sac, I don't know.

The u/s tech was totally unfriendly and didn't talk at all really. Other than telling me that Deuce is measuring a week behind (which I had already told them would probably be the case) and that it looked like there was "probably just one", she really didn't explain anything. She kept the screen towards her until the baby was in the frame to show me the HB and that was about it. Including getting undressed and dressed I was in the room less than 5 minutes.

I think my mind would be running less if she had said "Just one perfect little baby." or something. The fact that there was some ambiguity is getting to me. As I was getting ready to leave, she told me to schedule my NT scan for 5 weeks out and we'd get a better look as early on, one can hide behind the other.

July 22nd, 2010, 05:20 PM
blueeyedbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With the girls I had an OB do an u/s at 7 weeks. At first he said twins and then by the end he said no there was definately only one baby and that I just had a funny shaped uterus. Now I'd had enough surgery for endo to know that wasn't the case so I scoured the u/s pics. Well you know the results anyway LOL but what confused him was the fact that it was 2 sacs, but he only saw one hb. Its funny that I could see a yoke sac in the other but he never mentioned it. He said at one point the sacs were too far apart for it to be twins etc etc When I changed OBs at 11 weeks, there they both were waving to us as soon as the u/s began.

Did you get a pic?

Kadee (752g) and Samara (769g) born 29/9/07 @ 25w
Declan (3.58kg) 9/9/09 @ 37.4w
July 22nd, 2010, 11:48 PM
I have one horrible teeny tiny pic.

I'm really not fond of the u/s tech at this office. I've liked everyone else, but she's just cold.

July 23rd, 2010, 08:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
What an exciting turn of events this could be! It'll be fun to see what happens in 5 weeks. Either way, it will be a blessing.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search