names

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 29th, 2010, 09:14 PM
horseradishmayo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i really like the name Charlotte, but i am afraid it is becoming too popular. i know Sarah is a "popular" name, but it's not like when i was a kid and had 3 Sarah's in my class....i don't know any other 2 year old's named Sarah. I really don't want to give my child a name that she'll have to share with a bunch of her classmates as she gets older. Sarah is number 20 on the top 100 list and Charlotte is number 87 but it's on the rise.

i don't know if i am just venting or what. i guess i'm looking for opinions. this isn't our number 1 name as we really don't have a number one yet, plus we don't even know the sex yet.

i know i am ridiculous

Check out my etsy shop!
Crunchy Couture
use code JMMOMMY for free shipping in the US
July 29th, 2010, 09:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to felissa
I say if you like it who cares. I LOVE Charlotte. We like Ethan and it has been in the top 10 for the past 10 years but I don't know a single kid named Ethan and neither do either of my sisters. So think, do you know anyone with that name? Do you think she will care if she knows people with her name? Then again it may be a boy and you won't have to worry about it at all.

July 29th, 2010, 09:43 PM
my friend's dd is named Charlotte but we aren't that close so it wouldn't matter... i already told her i love the name and might use it for my next one. i think it might be a little bit less popular in the south because of Charlotte, NC.

actually i am looking at this stupid name chart and Sarah dropped from #20 to #22 and Charlotte went from #87 to #58...that's a huge jump.

i think i need to stop looking at the chart. i have issues.

i know one kid named Ethan....i didn't think it was that popular but it's number 2 apparently. weird!

Check out my etsy shop!
Crunchy Couture
July 30th, 2010, 06:16 AM
*Cyndee*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to *Cyndee*
I don't know any Ethan's either. Never met a Charlotte or heard of any kids named that either.

July 30th, 2010, 06:41 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
Weird, I don't know any Ethan's either...

I've known 2 Charlotte's - 1 was our babysitter when I was way little and the other is my age. She goes by Charlie and I think that's awesome!
July 30th, 2010, 06:55 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
I say sit on it, if you decide on a name now you'll have nothing left to think about for the rest of your pregnancy!
July 30th, 2010, 07:01 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Quote:
Originally Posted by passthehay View Post
i think it might be a little bit less popular in the south because of Charlotte, NC.
I love the name Charlotte, but that is why DH wouldn't let us use it. We both grew up in Charlotte, NC and now live in a city just outside of Charlotte. I don't know a single girl named Charlotte around here
July 30th, 2010, 07:14 AM
noworries
I love Charlotte. It was on my list if this little one was a girl. Definitely becoming more popular though.
July 30th, 2010, 07:41 AM
spicymustard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
In all my years teaching I have never once had a Sarah or a Charlotte or an Ethan. In thinking about it I can't even remember other teachers talking about students of that name in the teachers lounge either. Of course that could be due to the area I live in (lots of hispanic names). I say if you like it, go for it.

July 30th, 2010, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moon~maiden View Post
I say sit on it, if you decide on a name now you'll have nothing left to think about for the rest of your pregnancy!
nothing is set in stone yet....we still have sooo much time to think about it!
i was just over thinking stuff last night.

if we do have a girl and name her Charlotte she will not be Charlie...that's my dad's name and he's a douche as most of you know. I like the nick name Lottie though.

Check out my etsy shop!
Crunchy Couture
July 30th, 2010, 09:42 AM
*~~Shannon~~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love the name Charlotte.

I was reading something lately that the most "popular" names now aren't as popular as they ever were before. Because people are looking for more unique names, there is a bigger pool of names to start with. Does that make any sense? So, just per se, in the 50's when John was a very popular name, there might have been 5 boys in the same class named John. Now, even though Ethan is rated equally as high, there's probably not even going to be 5 boys in the whole school named Ethan.

I think Ethan might be a regional thing. I personally know at least 4 Ethans between 1 and 4 years old. Then again, none of these boys know each other.

July 30th, 2010, 09:47 AM
i do think names are a regional thing too. around here there are a ton of Cayden, Jaiden, Jaelyn, Jadelyn, sounding names...it's so popular! in NJ i didn't know any. same with Isabella, Gianna, Sophia....so many little girls with those names in NJ and none around here.

Check out my etsy shop!
Crunchy Couture
July 30th, 2010, 09:53 AM
*~~Shannon~~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
There are a TON of the Aiden/Jayden/Cayden/Hayden variations around here. A lot of Jaxons, Ethans, Nathans, etc. We really seem to like two syllable names that end with n in the NW!

July 30th, 2010, 09:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Charlotte is cute. My daycare lady's son's name is Ethan I really like that name for a boy. I stole Peyton's name from my best friend. We aren't so much best friends now but we used to be. I felt kind of weird about it but I just loved the name and had it picked out from the very beginning. She thought it was cool that I liked the name and wasn't bothered by it at all.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my awesome siggy!

~~Lisa~~(40) Mommy to Jenna Justine 20 years old and Peyton Keely Born December 28th,2007
July 30th, 2010, 10:11 AM
LisaMarie!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I only know one Charlotte and that is my sister. If you like the name who cares who popular it is. I never heard of Aiden until I decided to name my son it and now every 2-5 year old I met is Aiden or another spelling of it. My mom said the same thing. She never heard of Aiden until we decided to name our son it now we know or met a lot of children named Aiden or close to it

<
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search