Decisions

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 2nd, 2010, 08:38 AM
*~*SnowHibiscus*~*'s Avatar I ♥ my girls!
I know I still have a little bit of time, but it's running out. I've lost all hope of going into labor on my own. I know each pregnany is different but Kayla was already here by this point.

I don't think my doc will induce, he'll probably go for another csection. Which I'm sort of ok with, just dissapointed that I will have zero ability to care for Kayla for 6 freakin weeks. How is she going to understand that mommy can hold the baby but not her?

I'm just not sure how long to wait it out. Give it through the weekend? Schedule at my appt tomorrow and just get it over with?

I am so mad at my body. I don't know why I actually expected it to work right, it always lets me down, why should this be any different? Why did I go into labor with a breech baby, but not with one that is locked and loaded and ready to roll?

August 2nd, 2010, 08:52 AM
*~~Shannon~~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry! This is one thing I'm really worried about, so I totally understand. I would give it through the weekend. At this point, I'd be DTD a few times a day, eating pineapple and spicy food all day and walking as much as my body could handle. Good luck!

August 2nd, 2010, 08:53 AM
LisaMarie!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Your over due right? I would give it until 2 week as long as everything is okay. If you do have another csection take your time and heal. I didn't and it took forever for my csection to heal. I was carrying aiden up the stairs the 3rd day home... not good idea... I had a pin hole size open back up but since it wasnt' infected,I let it healed on its own.

<
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

August 2nd, 2010, 08:55 AM
noworries
Yeah, you can't induce (at least with pitocin) if you've had a previous c-section. Maybe talk to your doctor at your appt. tomorrow and see if you can come up with a solution that you are happy with. Maybe schedule a c-section for a week from today and hope that you go into labor on your own before that or something.
August 2nd, 2010, 09:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
You are going to go into labor. It's okay!! Just how far along are you? I know you're 40 weeks, but is today your due date? It really is safe to go up to two weeks over your due date. You're not past due until you hit 42 weeks. How far past 40 will your doc let you go? With my VBA2C I didn't go into labor until I was 41w4d. Why wont he induce? There are some safe induction methods for VBAC. Are you dilated at all? Making any progress? A great induction for VBAC's if you're partially dilated is the foley catheter. Lots of docs are also okay with pit if it's started at REALLY low doses, and very slow.

You just need to relax (worst advice ever, right?!). It's going to be okay. You really shouldn't just schedule a repeat because of this reason. It's the last resort, not the first you should turn to because of timing issues. You can do this!!!!!

Have you done anything as far as natural inductions yet? When is your next appointment? When is your doc saying your "deadline" is?

August 2nd, 2010, 09:05 AM
*Cyndee*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to *Cyndee*
I wouldn't give up yet. I would wait until you are 5 days overdue and then schedule the section for within the next 3 days.

I would walk, DTD, bounce on an exercise ball, and do anything else I could to naturally encourage labor.

~Devon~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ~Devon~
My suggestion would be if you are dilated tomorrow ask them to sweep your membranes, it wouldn't hurt for them to do it! Try not to lose hope, with us 2nd timers it can be very common to have no signs/symptoms of labor then BAM! they just hit and the baby comes. I wouldn't let your dr schedule anything right away, I agree with Carrie about giving it another week to see what your body does.

Good luck Amanda, I hope you get your VBAC!!
Will he sweep your membranes?

August 2nd, 2010, 09:36 AM
horseradishmayo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
don't give up! you won't be pregnant forever...and a C-sec is major surgery, i say try to avoid if it you can! try some gentle natural induction methods like EPO inserted vaginally, orgasms, nipple stimulation, etc.
try to enjoy some one on one time with just Kayla for the next day (or however long it takes) because pretty soon she won't have you all to herself anymore!
maybe tonight after she goes to bed take a nice warm bath...i know relaxing will help too.

don't schedule anything yet...you can do this Amanda!

Check out my etsy shop!
Crunchy Couture
use code JMMOMMY for free shipping in the US
August 2nd, 2010, 10:47 AM
Thanks everyone!

I'm not sure if he'll sweep my membranes. He did mention at my last appt (week before last) that if I made it to this week, he would offer assistance (only if I wanted it), but he didn't elaborate.

He didn't say how far over he would let me go, but he would not let my sister go more than 3 days before he induced her. But that was almost 13 years ago and I don't know how much his views have changed, if they have at all.

At least his EDD is later than mine. He says the 6th and I say the 2nd (my date is based on my 24 day cycle, not 28 days). The u/s agreed with both of us, giving a week range of the 2nd through the 6th. So at least that gives me a few extra days before he thinks I'm overdue.

I was still only 1cm at my last appt.

I've had a few more contractions today than usual. They normally stop completely by lunch time so I'm really hoping that's a good sign and they keep up.

I'll have to look up the foley catheter. I've seen it mentioned but don't know what it is. Maybe that'll be an option he offers tomorrow.

I haven't really done much at home. DTD hasn't done a thing. Neither has walking, half walking/half running in sand chasing Kayla, water park, haven't tried spicy food yet. Maybe I'll take Kayla for a walk around the neighborhood this afternoon if we get home in time. Does any of that REALLY work though?

Oh and my husband keeps saying "maybe we shouldn't walk around the mall, that's what we did when you went into labor with Kayla".

WHAT? Are you kidding me? That's exactly what I want to happen! I really hoping he's been joking. Men. Sheesh.

August 2nd, 2010, 11:59 AM
spicymustard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh bummer! I didn't realize they won't induce with a vbac. Of course they say that inductions increase the rate of c section in the first place (I think, not 100% sure).

I think I've seen some people mention acupucture before. Maybe worth checking out.

Hope you get your VBAC!

August 2nd, 2010, 01:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to felissa
Actually some doctors will induce with pitocin for a VBAC, you would just need to be monitored very closely.

I highly suggest getting some acupuncture and getting aligned at the chiropractor. I think acupuncture is the most effective. The other thing you can try is pumping on and off for 15 minutes, starting with only one side, because this can start strong contractions. Of course talk to your doctor about all of these first. I really think you have time, try not to get discouraged. I have a client who is in the same boat as you right now, but they did an ultrasound and think her baby might be over 10 pounds, her doctor is still more than willing to give her a trail of labor. On average 2nd timers go into labor 3 days past their "due date." So give it more time.

Good luck.

August 2nd, 2010, 01:48 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
There's nothing wrong with you yet! I agree, you aren't actually late until 42 weeks. Sam came at 41 weeks, so I know how you feel being at the end. The magical "40 weeks" rule makes it hard. But it's nonsense. I would wait until you're around 41 weeks before worrying.
August 2nd, 2010, 01:53 PM
LisaMarie!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If your doctor has your EDD as the 6th, I wouldn't worry yet. Your not late...

<
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

August 2nd, 2010, 03:46 PM
IneedCoffee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree with whoever recommended accupuncture. I went over 2 weeks with Meg and tried everything. Accupunture seemed the most helpful. Sweeping membranes as well. Good luck.

My Blog
August 2nd, 2010, 04:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
Oh, wow...see! You're not even 40 weeks yet (according to him). Things are happening, you just need to trust it.

The foley catheter is just a little balloon. They insert it into your cervix and blow it up a bit, then the put weight on it. The pressure on your cervix helps to dilate you. I had read up on it and when my doc started talking options, I brought it up. He said, "Hmm, interesting. Yeah, I think that would work!" So it became an option. I didn't need it in the end, and I'm sure you wont either.

You're doing great!!!

August 2nd, 2010, 05:34 PM
I don't know how much you like your doctor, but
Quote:
He didn't say how far over he would let me go, but he would not let my sister go more than 3 days before he induced her.
doesn't sit well with me. Stick up for yourself, lady! If you really feel comfortable going 3 days past your due date, I think you should say so. Your doctor works for you, he might have standard procedures but I'm sure he'll make exceptions if you challenge him.
August 2nd, 2010, 06:01 PM
I agree with Kristen.

While I would not feel comfortable going over 41 weeks, that is 10 days away.

When my water broke but contractions never started the first thing they did was insert a foley cath, dialate to a 3 and then tape it hard down to my leg so it pulled down to 'pry me open'.

August 2nd, 2010, 06:25 PM
The thing is, I'm not sure how far past my date I am comfortable with. Not with a VBAC. Will she get too big? How much will her size matter?

I guess I should have researched more, but I really didn't expect to make it this long or have to even think about this stuff.

And a lot has changed in 13 years so his views could be completely different now anyway so who knows.

Guess we'll see what he says tomorrow.

August 2nd, 2010, 06:40 PM
Yeah I could understand the stress of a bigger baby (more baked baby) on an already weak uterus. Let us know what he thinks!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search