24 week appt!

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 5th, 2010, 08:00 AM
Nicandab's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Had a relatively uneventful appointment yesterday, weight is back to within 2 lbs of my pre-pregnancy weight. Had been having some somewhat painful BH since Saturday, they put me on a non-stress test, of course I didn’t have one on the monitor. Pfft. Did an exam (I forgot how much pressure there are with those when they are actually ‘checking’ your cervix. OOOOOF!) still long, high, and firm. So likely just need to get more water in, more rest, etc. Didn’t have one last night, or today so far so we’re good.

Went to the endocrinologist last Friday, get to stick my fingers 6x a day for the next week or so, but so far all of my sticks have been well within normal limits, some are darn near hypoglycemic, so no signs of gestational diabetes.

He did bring up something really interesting, though. I started out at a weight of 207 with Brianna, and was 234 at 24 weeks. I started out at 239 with this lil man, and I am at 232.5 at 24 weeks now. He liked the weight consistency, I’m not sure why, but he did. I got to 248 with Brianna but walked out of the hospital at 220 with pre-pregnancy pants on, if I have a net gain of 9 lbs with this pregnancy and do the same thing, I will consider myself very fortunate. I was too light at the beginning with Brianna, and had already been ordered to put on 30 lbs (I’d put on 12 by the time I got pg)… so if I can get down to 215 and stay there with BFing, being more active etc. I’ll be a happy camper.

The only thing I’m missing right now is activity! I have no energy by the time I get home from work, and walking any sort of distance is excrutiating. I feel like someone has kicked me. I know it is the same pressure that I had when my hip bones separated with Brianna but geeeeeeeez!

August 5th, 2010, 10:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Glad you had an okay appt and the BH are gone for now. Sorry about the finger sticks. Ouch!
August 6th, 2010, 08:15 AM
jillylicious's Avatar mom always liked you best
Well that's awesome about the diabetes! And yeah, if you can do that on the weight you'll be great - I certainyl won't be lucky enough to wear pre-preg pants out of the hospital!

Keep it up, hon! Almost there!
August 6th, 2010, 11:23 AM
KellersMom517's Avatar Emily-Mom to Keller Henry
Sounds like a good appointment! Glad your bloodwork is turning out well...I just had my glucose 1hr test today, so hopefully I will be right there with ya! Stay well hydrated and rested if you can, it will really help with the BHs!! I was so nervous when I got them and they actually hurt a little - I didn't even feel a twinge with Keller so I freaked a little. Can't wait to meet our babies!!

Isla 10/27/10 and Keller 4/26/08

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search