My non-pregnancy update thread...Updating randomly as I learn more.

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 8th, 2010, 09:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
I am so, so sorry.

September 13th, 2010, 12:29 PM
IneedCoffee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Went back for hcg levels last week.. was still hovering at 270. I have another blood draw tomorrow am. Hopefully they will be down to 5 or below.. so I can move forward with the testing.
September 14th, 2010, 11:04 PM
*~~Shannon~~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How are you doing Heather? Any updates?

September 15th, 2010, 08:50 AM
I should get a call today from the nurse with my hcg level from Tuesday. I'd really like to know what the insurance company says... if they won't approve the panel until my 3rd consecutive miscarriage, should I try again?? Or just give up. If I try again, maybe it will stay put. If not, then I can get the blood work covered. It really shouldn't be this difficult to get answers.

All in all, I am doing ok mentally. Physically ok as well. Ive lost 8 lbs.. eating better and trying to be more active. I am gearing up to ovulate again.. and 1/2 of me says jump back in and ttc.. but the other half is scared to death. DH is ready to go whenever I am.. so he says. But I know he is scared. He actually voiced how much this last one hurt. And he isn't one to discuss feelings at all. Luckily Meg has quit talking about the belly baby finally.

Ill post more when I know more.
September 15th, 2010, 08:53 AM
*Cyndee*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to *Cyndee*
I've been thinking of you Heather. I'm still waiting on my first AF. Provera so far has done nothing. I think if you can try again to go for it. They said it's ok to do so right away?

September 15th, 2010, 11:08 AM
BrittM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I really hope you get some answers soon. I would wait at least a month to ttc again. It will give your uterine lining a chance to build back up which will help with sustaining a pregnancy. I wish this wasn't so hard for you guys

September 15th, 2010, 12:05 PM
The doctor told me last time that I could ttc right away. But today she said to wait.

My numbers came back today at 8.. so I will be tested again on Friday. And once Monday rolls around, and IF i am down to 5 or lower, I go in for the other tests. I probably shouldn't be optimistic, but i need to be.. for my sanity. They WILL find something minor and easily fixable that is causing these miscarriages. I WILL get pregnant again soon.. and I WILL carry my baby in my arms after a long healthy pregnancy.
September 15th, 2010, 03:15 PM
Did you get to see the gastro dr yet as well?

September 15th, 2010, 05:54 PM
Angel_Maker
I'm really sorry you are having to go through this My prayer for you is that the testing reveals something that can be easily fixed Good luck hunnie
September 23rd, 2010, 11:32 AM
Monday I was back down below 5. Did the blood panel on Tuesday. Now the wait begins. I called today just to see how long she expected it to take, and it's taking about 10 days for the full results to be in.

I should know something around the 5th of October.
October 4th, 2010, 12:52 PM
Well the doctor called today. All my results came back normal except one. It was only slightly elevated, and not even out of the high normal range. She wants to retest that one in 6 weeks. But otherwise, she said I am fine. So.. back to TTC again I guess. I'm scared to death... no reason whatsoever that I keep loosing my pregnancies. But I guess I am happy I am normal.. or so they say. I feel totally stressed out, unhealthy and confused.

Oh and Cyndee, I did see the gastro doc. He did blood work, that came back fine compared to the allergists test. So, nothing happened with that. I did cut back on my 'gluten' intake.. and added more fresh fruit and veggies to my diet.
October 5th, 2010, 06:13 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
Which test was on the high end of normal? Maybe, even though it's in normal range, it's too high for you? Is there anything you can do to lower it on your own? Are you open to alternative things? Like maybe seeing an acupuncturist?

October 5th, 2010, 06:34 AM
That is so confusing could pregnancy aggravate the celiac and that's why you tested positive ? Sorry for no answers but yay for everything appearing to be normal. How much longer do you have to wait before you can try again? Are you going to do anything differently this time around?

October 5th, 2010, 07:36 AM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
I'm sorry you didn't get any real answers, I know that's frustrating. Unfortunately, even with multiple miscarriages, there often is no "reason", which really makes it that much harder to deal with. The positive side to that of course is there is no reason at all to think your next pregnancy won't be a healthy sticky one.

October 5th, 2010, 08:06 AM
Wendy.. I really tried to pay attention and understand what she was saying. This stupid vertigo has me feeling completely dumb. I can't concentrate or remember anything. I know it was 3 letters. ICP.. or something like that. If it was on the bad said, she said it would lead to possible clotting issues.. but it wasn't there. She will test again in November.
As for TTC.. we will probably start again this month, but after November 1, we probably will lose our insurance due to the new healthcare reform. Im so annoyed. It was killing us to afford it the way things were. After the 1st, our deductibles go up and so do our premiums.. how is that possible?? Anyway, we wont be able to afford it. So I am shopping around. But none of the individual insurance programs I find have maternity at all.

I guess we will just play it by ear. I have the all mighty Science Kit that I bought before we got preggo the last time. We will try it again since it worked the first time, and we also have instead cups.. we used one when we got preggo the second time in a row.

DH is open to trying again now, but very scared about the insurance situation. So am I.

PS: I am totally open to acupuncture.. but its not cheap. We will see.
October 5th, 2010, 12:27 PM
I called the nurse back to get the name. It was the anti cardiolipin antibodies.
October 5th, 2010, 01:22 PM
Brighteyed & Caffeinated
Send a message via MSN to mommy2olliebeans
I just wanted to say good luck, Heather.....
October 5th, 2010, 11:44 PM
horseradishmayo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
love you Heather! ((hugs))

Check out my etsy shop!
Crunchy Couture
use code JMMOMMY for free shipping in the US
October 6th, 2010, 07:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thinking of you Heather.

<3

<3
October 29th, 2010, 12:20 PM
The doctor retested the one slightly elevated result.. and it came back high. I have been referred to a Perinatologist. I don't know what this all means, but maybe I will have some help soon.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search