The 2nd time around

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 8th, 2010, 10:31 AM
jillylicious's Avatar mom always liked you best
It really IS totally different!!!

I started feeling this baby around 13-14 wks and thought "Nah, I'm just feeling a fart."

Well, um, actually - no, that WAS the baby. I didn't feel Jack until 17 wks last time. And Jack really felt more like flutters. The best way I can describe this is someone drumming their fingers on the inside of my belly.

I keep on thinking "Seriously!? I can feel this much already? No way. I am imagining this."

It's SO different from Jack, and while I can attribute some of that to being pregnant before + less padding, I'm still not sure that's actually what I'm feeling. Sometimes it seems like someone twitching, like you do in your sleep.

Anyone else found this?
September 8th, 2010, 10:49 AM
KellersMom517's Avatar Emily-Mom to Keller Henry
Everyone in my DDC said they felt the baby way earlier with their 2nd or more. I didn't, but probably only because I have an anterior placenta this time, which kept me from feeling kicks in the front until they were pretty strong. Sounds like a baby and not gas to me

Isla 10/27/10 and Keller 4/26/08
September 8th, 2010, 02:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I do remember feeling the baby earlier the second time around, but seriously this third baby is "Hercules" as I'm calling him. I've been feeling the baby since like 12 weeks. The books all say that is too early, but it just doesn't feel like gas...I decided I don't care what the books say. lol My gas doesn't jab or thump! This week I've been feeling rolling type of movements. I remember people telling me butterfly flutters is what you will feel before my first, and she was always strong too...nicknamed her "Thumper" because that's what it felt like to me.
September 10th, 2010, 07:00 PM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
Yup!

I started feeling flutters around 12 weeks, and by 13-14 weeks, i KNEW it was Charlie kicking and moving around, and it was SO high, like near my belly button. Which in the end isnt that surprising considering how high i carried him. He was high from the beginning.

yay! for baby kicks!
September 11th, 2010, 06:34 AM
Nicandab's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yup. felt brianna at 17-18 weeks.. felt wyatt around 13.

September 13th, 2010, 02:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow, that's exciting! I haven't felt anything yet, but hopefully soon!!

[IMG]h ttp://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc187/kellybabe05/natural2.gif[/IMG]
September 13th, 2010, 03:33 PM
jillylicious's Avatar mom always liked you best
Yeah, Kelly, it shouldn't be long for you - I was totally stunned at 13 wks, but it's SO obvious compared to the 1st time.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search