Interesting, but Ok appointment(x-posted)

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 16th, 2010, 10:47 AM
KellersMom517's Avatar Emily-Mom to Keller Henry
So I had my 34 week appointment this morning (I am 34w2d) and everything looked fine - BP is still good, up 2 lbs in 2 weeks - fine, blahblah. But then she couldn't figure out the baby's position from palpatation, so she sent me over for a quick ultrasound just to see. Well this little lady is super breech - she's a footling breech right now, and her feet are allll the way down into my cervix and her head is up by my ribs. Blah. Nothing to worry about right now since I am still *somewhat* early and the tech said she had plenty of fluid and room to flip if she wants to. I am going to have another US at my appointment in 2 weeks and I'm making DH go with me in case that's when they start talking about an ECV or C-Section I have faith that she will flip though, she's quite the acrobat in there!

So..what a weird appointment, but nothing to worry about yet!

Isla 10/27/10 and Keller 4/26/08
September 16th, 2010, 11:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I hope she turns for you! It's good that you have plenty of fluid so she can turn. I tried the whole standing on my head bit to get Addy to turn, but it never worked and after the version failed I had a c-sect. As much as I didn't want a c-sect, the bright side is that it saved my uterus since there was an unknown placenta issue, and that's why I'm preggo today. Did you at least get any pics from your quickie ultrasound?
September 16th, 2010, 11:41 AM
Julka
How was Keller born, Vag. or by c-sec? Veronika was also breech up until the very end. If I remember correctly, she was still breech at my 35-ish (we found out she was breech around 17wks) appointment and I had another appointment around 38 weeks and she flipped! We were actually all prepared to schedule a c-section because I had no hope of her switching that late in the game, but she did. So your little girl might still flip as well. I hope she does! But I wasn't going for a version, I am too afraid of that.

Yah, I looked in my blog and at my 37.5 week appt, we found out she flipped: Breech No More!

Good luck!! Everything will be okay

Last edited by Julka; September 16th, 2010 at 11:47 AM.
September 16th, 2010, 11:49 AM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
What is it with all these girls being breech!!! lol

Kenzie was breech. She turned between 36 and 37 weeks. She was head down at my 36 week appt. and stayed that way until my scheduled csection. i opted out of the version, i just wasnt comfortable with doing it.

good luck, i have heard a lot of stored of babies turning this late in the game, it just wasnt the case for my monkey girl!!

and one last time ( maybe) how do you pronounce her name again? lol
September 16th, 2010, 12:41 PM
KellersMom517's Avatar Emily-Mom to Keller Henry
I am definitely hoping she will flip - it seems like she definitely still can so hopefully she was just being stubborn today! Keller was a normal, vaginal birth - he was head down by this point I believe...I never had an US to determine, but the midwife was always able to tell. I don't know how comfortable I am with a version either - sometimes I think there is a reason they don't go head down if that's the case. The only crappy thing is my MIL is so freaked out by a C-section, she almost started crying today when I told her - idiot. She had an emergency section after she tried to deliver a breech baby and he was in distress, so you would think she would get it, but she's basically yelling at me not to give in to a C-section. I told her it was a little early to panic

EYE-LAH, Shannon, EYE-LAH! LOL - Like Island (it means beautiful island, if that helps).

Isla 10/27/10 and Keller 4/26/08
September 16th, 2010, 12:47 PM
blessdmommy's Avatar Happy mama to 3!
Send a message via AIM to blessdmommy
I hope she turns for you.
Tell your MIL to CHILL!

Mama to 3, expecting #4 in December!

September 16th, 2010, 01:58 PM
Nicandab's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
MIL - chill pill

I turned breech 2 days before I was born (41 weeks) Brianna turned the day after I got admitted to the hospital for high BP, she was 37 weeks on the dot. She had been foot-first breech.

September 16th, 2010, 02:58 PM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
well good thing for you and your MIL that YOU are the one having the baby, lol, tell her to chill out.

If it makes you feel any better i got so much crap both time i had the kids. With Mac everyone was so scared that i was having a csection, and the second time i got, why dont you just do another csection, i thought you had to do it that way anyways. sigh, people are idiots!

i will probably ask 10 more times about her name, lol. I see it and im like IL-SA, lol i dont know why, thats how my brain processes it, even though i know its wrong, lol
September 16th, 2010, 04:02 PM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
I keep going "is-la," Shannon, so you aren't alone!

Good luck, hon. A c-section certainly isn't the end of the world, though I know it's not a lot of women's first choice either... It certainly wasn't mine, LOL. Danny was borderline low fluid from 32 weeks on, and he flipped weekly - literally, I have the ultrasounds to prove it. I hope she flips on you!

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
September 16th, 2010, 08:38 PM
MrsSarah1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well.. for reference I have an online friend that was a vbac, pregnant with twins. One was footlong breech, the other "frank" breech, I believe.

Her birth story was so powerful and moved me to tears. Her determination to give birth vaginally and her will power and just super power.. wow!

So, I don't know how you feel aboutt his, but I just thought I would let you know that it is possible to have a baby vaginally if they are breech,.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search