Potty time

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 14th, 2010, 07:59 PM
hotjai21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to hotjai21
How is it going??

I have to brag a tiny bit on Piper tonight. We have been working on Piper getting up on her own during the night and going potty then going back to bed Without screaming from her bed until we get up and get her which then wakes up her sister-lol!!

A few minutes ago I heard the bathroom door open, the light came on and she went potty then went back to bed without a word. I was SOO proud!! She has been doing it the past week or so. the little things-lol

October 14th, 2010, 08:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am very happy to say that Ben has been completely potty and poopy trained for quite a while now. He also goes to the bathroom by himself, gets the stool, turns on the light and potties by myself. He will always announce that he has to go to the bathroom before he goes, LOL. Every now and then he asks for help pulling up his pants. He sleeps in his underwear, and knock on wood, has yet to have an accident, although I'm sure it'll happen some day. I attribute his rapid potty training to his daycare teacher...she really is awesome.
October 14th, 2010, 10:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
She does pretty well during the day keeping a pullup dry (Only if we're on her case though. She can do it herself but she doesn't want to stop what she's doing to go) but she pees too much while she sleeps so she has a diaper for nap & bed time. If it were up to me I'd just go straight to her training underwear because once she feels it trickle down her legs a couple times she'll go to the bathroom a lot more willingly. She doesn't like the way it feels when she pees in her diaper or pullup but she's not consistent in telling us... mainly because she doesn't want to stop and go to the bathroom.

October 14th, 2010, 11:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Rhiannon is still going strong! she naps without a diaper as well but still wears one to bed at night. When she starts at donovan's school on nov 1st she even gets to be in with the bigger kids (3 year olds) because she's trained!!

October 15th, 2010, 07:42 AM
I agree tawny, pull ups are expensive, we skipped them! lol!! I hadn't spent money on diapers in months and there was no way I was about to fork over a lot of money on pull ups- LOL!!

They have little things called potty watches that go off like every 30 min during the day to remind them its time to go. So someone, or something rather, is reminding her but its not you guys being pushy-lol.

WTG everyone that is fully trained!! Has anyone been kinda sad that it means they are growing up? Especially for those last babies.

October 15th, 2010, 07:55 AM
ootpik51's Avatar Super Mommy
I wish I could say things are going well with Grayson potty training but they are not He just isn't ready I guess. For awhile he was telling us when he had to poop but now he has reverted back and I think it was because of the constipation issues he had and a fear of going. We didn't want to make it worse so we stopped pushing him to go and were just happy when he finally could go in his diaper again. Now that that is back on track I have been trying to get him interested in going on the potty and he tells me tomorrow. I was thinking of trying the training pants ( not pull ups the cloth kind) so that when he goes he is very uncomfortable in it and maybe that would encourage him to go in the potty or do you think that would be pushing him and to just hold off awhile longer? I never had this issue with Rory so I am lost, she just decided to go on the potty and we had a few accidents here and there when she was distracted but for the most part she just potty trained herself. Should I be waiting for him to do the same or at this age should I be pushing a little, not forcing but maybe doing the training pants so he feels the difference easier?

Robyn
Mom to:Rory(9) and Grayson(3)

October 15th, 2010, 08:39 AM
3TeamH's Avatar Hayley
I just did potty training with Cohen this week. He's done great. Yesterday was day 4, and no accidents. We still diaper for nap and bed, but i don't think he pees during nap since i make him go before nap time. I'll probably cut that out in the next week or so.

October 15th, 2010, 10:49 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
well poop wise she is pretty much trained. Peeing is hit or miss, somedays she does great and some days not so great. I think I need to ditch the pull ups and just go to undies and just force the issue a little bit. I just never seem to have the time. Maybe this weekend since we don't really have plans I will give it a go!
October 15th, 2010, 11:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Robyn I think the training undies are a great idea! Some kids need a push with training, others don't. Like you said Rory just did it herself! that's how it happened with Rhiannon. But Donovan?? UGH! LOL He wanted to be a big boy and use the pot before he was even 2. but his body just wasn't really ready. so we ended up "training" for like a year. He'd do good for a bit, then start peeing his pants all the time again, off and on and off and on. He's 4 1/2 and he still dribbles in his pants often. with him it's purely being lazy and not wanting to go pee. It's so annoying! LOL

October 15th, 2010, 11:46 AM
becker206's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good for Piper!!

Lydia has been completely potty trained since the end of July, we are very proud of her.

October 15th, 2010, 09:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotjai21 View Post
I agree tawny, pull ups are expensive, we skipped them! lol!! I hadn't spent money on diapers in months and there was no way I was about to fork over a lot of money on pull ups- LOL!!

They have little things called potty watches that go off like every 30 min during the day to remind them its time to go. So someone, or something rather, is reminding her but its not you guys being pushy-lol.

WTG everyone that is fully trained!! Has anyone been kinda sad that it means they are growing up? Especially for those last babies.
Lol I would skip them too but hopefully we won't need them much longer. My sister worries about pee on the couch or carpet but eh, I think that'd be the quick fix for her inconsistency. She did great today but she goes back and forth.

We just bought one of those! We had used the timer on the microwave lol.

Yes, they are growing way too fast

October 16th, 2010, 05:41 PM
StaeheliGrl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Rio has been potty trained for a few months now. He was having a few pee accidents during the night so we were making sure he wore pull ups for bed, but he does not like wearing anything diaperish anymore. Now we just make sure he goes pee before he gets into his bed and he's been doing really well with no accidents at night.

October 16th, 2010, 07:40 PM
jen*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
wow. I'm feeling behind. no pun intended. Jack was fighting is so bad when we tried this summer and I just don't have the time, patience, ability to stay home all weekend with him to try again.

I just keep hoping that it will miraculously happen on its own... nice thought, right? and honestly, I don't care that much. is that terrible? I just don't want to battle over it. He is NOT interested, so I don't want to force.

good for all of the LO's who are accident free/on their way there. i know we'll get there someday, so I'm not too worried at this point.
October 17th, 2010, 04:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Jen,
I think you are doing the right thing, if he is not interested then don't force it. I read somewhere that potty training is the most important change in a child's life and it can be very stressful for them so I have always tried to be laid back about it.

Maddie started training this summer towards August. She was doing really well and then when September came she started daycare and reverted back. It was because their policy is they have to be accident free for 2 weeks before they can wear training pants, so pullups were worn during the day again. I think this really confused her. Finally, her teacher said that she wanted to try Maddie with no pullups because she noticed that she just goes in them because they're on. So, we started wearing training pants and regular undies to daycare and now she is doing great! She was so cranky for a few weeks and I really think it was stress from this! Now, I think she is finally really breaking through, we can go out to the store with no accidents, she consistently goes when she needs to during the day without reminders, and she can do it herself. She still will trickle out here and there but she stops right away and runs to the potty, so I am happy. I haven't tackled the nap and bed time, and I will probably wait a bit since I want her to feel more confident first.

Way to go to everyone for doing what is best for their little ones, whether that be to potty train or hold off, every child is different!
October 17th, 2010, 09:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Amelia's thing lately to let us know that she needs to go is saying that she's about to do a trick! We still have the childproof things on the door handles so we take her to the bathroom (although she can open doors.)

October 17th, 2010, 10:35 PM
Piper did just do it on her own. I'm not even joking!! She literally woke up one morning and said "mommy i wear panties like you" and she did. The end.. She would start getting lazy toward the end of the day so we would put a diaper back on her, no biggie. Then after about a week she could wear panties all day then diapers if we went out. within a couple weeks she was wearing panties all the time except nap/night. Within a month or so she was in panties full time. Seriously all on her own!

October 19th, 2010, 04:07 PM
Momofapeanut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Samara's doing pretty good. She occasionally has an accident, but for the most part is potty trained. We don't go "out" a whole lot these days, but the other day we went on an all day shopping trip and she wore pull ups and didn't have an accident. She actually asked to go potty in one store, we made it to the potty and she didn't have a problem with going in public (something we were having trouble with). We are still working on naps and overnight. That's hit or miss. Lately, she's been getting up dry and going potty first thing in the am - I have her potty in her room though because I'm really trying to get her to recognize getting up when she has to go. She's pretty short too, if someone shuts the bathroom door it's not a good day as she can't open it.
October 20th, 2010, 05:22 AM
linbein's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Don't worry, Jen, we're in the same boat. Marisa is so not interested. I mean, she'll once in a while say she wants to go, but never reallly "goes". She's peed on the potty maybe 5 times. That's it. One reason why I think she's just still not ready is that she doesn't care when her diaper is dirty. Like if she poops in her diaper, she will run around in it forever if I let her. She just doesn't care. I'm not pushing the issue with it right now either. Kiley was 3 by the time she was fully trained. I have read the signs of "readiness" and Marisa doesn't have all of them yet, and I've heard that if they are not ready, it will just be worse on everyone involved, so we are waiting. I am planning on working with her a little over the week of Christmas since I will be off work, just let her wear some undies and stuff, and see how she does with it, but if she's not taking it well, we'll scratch that, and just wait a little longer. Part of me doesn't want her trained yet anyways, cause she's still in her crib. Night time training isn't happening yet.
We were lucky with Kiley. One day she just switched to underwear, and that was that. No night time accidents or anything. I just can't imagine Rissy waking up in the middle of the night and coming out of her room and going to the bathroom alone....she's no where near that independent yet.

October 20th, 2010, 08:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Rhiannon isn't night time trained either. Heck, neither is Donovan. I also can't see her getting up in the middle of the night to go pee. She'd freak oout about getting out of her bed or it being dark or would just come wake me up to take her. Both my kids are in pull ups at night.

October 20th, 2010, 11:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Nick just decided last weekend that he was going to wear underwear. We've been accident free during the day since Saturday. He has no issues with waking up dry from nap times either. Last night was the first night that he peed in his diaper too - he woke up Sunday, Monday and Tuesday mornings dry. I am not worrying about the whole night time thing though... baby steps. I tried to potty train him while I was home on maternity leave with Katie and he wanted nothing to do with it. He'd pee in his underwear and not even care - he'd play with dirty underwear. I could tell he wasn't ready. Every few weeks I would ask him if he wanted to go potty and he'd tell me know. Finally last weekend, he said yes and we've done ok so far. I'm hoping it lasts!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search