almost there... almost there.. WHY IS IT NOT NOVEMBER YET?!?! :) updates. :)

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 15th, 2010, 07:02 PM
Nicandab's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So I'm on weekly appts a little bit early.. due to BP issues that have evened out now, thank goodness!

Had to do TWO 24 hour urine tests () that were so much fun. NOT. No signs of pre-e.. BP chalked up to some severe stress I had in the past couple of weeks, which has eased substantially.

35 weeks this coming Monday. Had an ultrasound with the perinatalogist Wednesday, Wyatt's measuring 5lbs 1oz. He's up a whole pound and a half from the last ultrasound at 30w 3d. Doc had me schedule another one for 11/4, since Wyatt dropped from 54th percentile to 37th. the perinatalogist said he was 50/50 as to whether I should even schedule another ultrasound, but I called and asked the OB and she said she definitely wanted another one, and the peri said at my last appt that if he drops further off the growth curve it will be induction time.

He looks great, other than being a little smaller than average. No good pictures on ultrasound because he had his fists up like a prize-fighter. He is laying weird.. He's head down (yay!) his back is to my left side, and his legs are poked out into my right side.. he's laying almost in an L shape.. which explains a lot since the jabs I've been feeling are all leg into my lungs on the right side.

I'm starting to get anxious and uncomfortable, my restless leg has gotten SUPER bad.. unless I take an iron supplement right before bed.. which constipates me. So I get to choose between sleep and pooping. *sigh* What we do for our children.

Tylenol PM has become my very best friend.

October 16th, 2010, 05:49 AM
jillylicious's Avatar mom always liked you best
Aww, hon! I don't blame you for being ready. Sounds like you have had just about enough!

Try to be zen about moving down a bit on the percentile chart - SOMEBODY's got to hold down the bottom. Everything else for mister Wyatt sounds great! And he will be here SO SOON!

Did you go overdue with Bree?
October 16th, 2010, 08:15 AM
No.. they induced me 2 1/2 weeks early because she dropped off the growth chart.

October 16th, 2010, 03:15 PM
And Wyatt's slowing down a bit too, right? Do you think that will happen again?

(And seriously, take it from me - growth charts can drive a person crazy!! Try not to over think 'em!)
October 16th, 2010, 04:04 PM
i don't know what to think. Part of me is sort of hoping for another peanut. brianna was 6lbs 3oz, but she would have probably been 7+ had we gone to our due date.

I just worry extra because of my previous gastric bypass surgery. Even if I eat 2500 calories a day (which I could NEVER fit! even 6 years post op), because of the way that surgery works, I only absorb 60-70% of what I eat.

I gained 40 lbs with Brianna, which I desperately needed, because I was about 20-25 lbs underweight. but I lost 20 in the hospital. This time, I was actually 10-15 lbs over my 'ideal' weight (and I was ok with that).. and for the entire pregnancy, I've only gained 7 lbs. I get that I'm heavier, but it makes me worry, because if baby is 5lbs, amniotic fluid, extra blood, etc.. Where are the fat stores? If I've used what I've got fat store wise (everywhere else looks skinnier, just my belly's gotten bigger) what else have I used that Wyatt might need now?

I'm just obsessing. Having the gastric bypass did WONDERFUL things for me when not pregnant.. and enabled me to have kids at all.. but when I am pregnant, I worry. A lot. I just worry that he's not getting everything he needs to be a happy healthy boy.

DH is currently griping at me about this, as there is nothing other than a little bit of growth drop off to indicate any issue, but I still worry.

Don't all moms, one way or another?

October 16th, 2010, 06:31 PM
blessdmommy's Avatar Happy mama to 3!
Send a message via AIM to blessdmommy
Awe, sweetie. I feel for you. My pregnancies are the opposite. I have these "Big" babies...8-9#s plus and my constant worry is delivery. I'm sure that everything will be alright with Wyatt. Jilly is right, growth curves will drive you crazy. We had that stress after Jack was born and way low on the growth charts...his pedi said that babies can create their own growth curves sometimes.

Mama to 3, expecting #4 in December!

October 17th, 2010, 07:28 AM
Growth isn't measured JUST by a growth chart. Developmentally Wyatt should be pretty much done - I delivered Jack at 34w5d and he had no troubles - room air, guts were good, eyes/brain/heart were good.

Sometimes - and this is hard for us hear as moms, and there is no one who can relate to it more than me - babies just grow better on the outside.

Wyatt might not be a big porky fat kid, but chubbiness and fat on a baby is kind of like a second string priority for a growing baby. When your body makes a baby the thing the fat stores go to first are the developmental stuff - lungs, eyes, etc. THEN what's left goes onto the chub.

It's easy to fatten a kid up on the outside. Try to focus on all the good news about your pregnancies - they might be slim kids, but at the end fo the day, it's the heart and brain and all that good stuff that are indicators of how fully baked your bean is. Think positive. The gastric bypass allowed you to have smaller slimmer babies. Given everything else your body has been through and can do, that's pretty incredible in and of itself.

And, FWIW, Jack DOUBLED his birthweight in 3 weeks when he was born. I'm sure Wyatt will be a porker in no time at all.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search