Weekly Stats 10-18 - Post 'em here!

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 18th, 2010, 05:19 AM
Jilly*bean's Avatar DomesticDivaMusings.com
Okay ladies... looks like everyone slacked off last week while I was away! Hey, even I didn't stay on my diet while in Chicago - how could I with such great food? The midwest isn't exactly known for steamed chicken and veggies, you know!

Post your stats here - weight, measurements.

This weeks goal is one we've had before, but if we don't keep pushing ourselves then we'll never acheive our goals! I'd like everyone to add another 10% to their workouts this week... so whether you walk, run, perform pilates or aerobic exercise, add another 10% of time and/or distance to your routine!
October 18th, 2010, 07:17 AM
Taramomof3's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Weight- 143lbs (down a pound)
Thigh- 20.5 inches (down 1/2 inch)
Hips- 33.5 inches (down 1.2 inch)
Tummy- 31 inches (down an inch)
Arm- 11 inches (same)

Brianna Eve (09/12/09) Dillan Zarek (07/20/06) Chase Alexander (10/04/08)

October 18th, 2010, 09:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Weight 123.6, up about 2 lbs. Part is due to poor eating choices, part is because of where I am at in my cycle.
October 18th, 2010, 11:11 AM
I also gained a pound - 142.5 this week. I was around family, gobbling up the best food Chicago has to offer (and the fattiest) for 10 days AND not working out. Ugh!
October 18th, 2010, 12:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilly*bean View Post
I also gained a pound - 142.5 this week. I was around family, gobbling up the best food Chicago has to offer (and the fattiest) for 10 days AND not working out. Ugh!
But Chicago deep dish pizza, Chicago dogs, and Italian beef sandwiches are worth it!
October 18th, 2010, 10:10 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
I need to change my weigh date to Mondays. I was at 234! YUK. Up 5 pounds or the stomach flu weight loss up and left once I took a drink of water DRATS!

Um Jill on teh challenge... It works great for me 10% of 0 is ZERO yay! I still haven't figured out what to do for excercise. I'll be six weeks post partum on Friday.

My worst stat is my blood pressure medicated it is 130s/90s. UGH! Before medication in teh morning it is 150s/100s.

October 19th, 2010, 07:12 AM
New Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Great work Tara! You're down in nearly everything!

My weight is 132 (down about 3-4 lbs)
Most everything else is the same.

I'm out on the challenge this week as I'll be decreasing my workouts this week since I have my half marathon on Saturday.

Jill....how did the Chicago Marathon go for Patrick? Did he enjoy it? I'm thinking of training for that next year and running it with my sister. My only concern with running a marathon is getting bored!
October 19th, 2010, 11:36 AM
Taramomof3's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Thanks Great job to you too down 3-4 pounds!! wow that is so awsome!!
the last time we had the 10% increase I kept it liek that didn't go back to my regular so this weeks 10% increase should hopfully go well haha I also started a new move where I get Craig involved he has been complaineing that I look better then him now so I have got him working out with me at night I only do this one thing at night and the rest I do while the kids are napping and Dillan has quiet time in the afternoon. I will lay flat on my back Craig will have his feet on both sides of my head and I will have my legs stright and bring them up to him and he will push my feet away and I have to stop my legs and feet befor the touch the ground, it works really well!! I can do 15 of them now started off with 7 then 10 and have only been doing it a week!! should have my 6 pack back in no time! haha int he afternoon I do 35 min of butt, arm, leg and tummy excercises. and also I walk everywhere in town that I need to go and I also walk Dillan to and from school 2 days a week 10 min there 10 min back pushing the double stroller so that helps
I am so suprized I am even doing this well, before this all got set up I had no motivation! I will be posting another progress pic next week

Jill I don't blame ya I think if I ever got to go to any place that had great food my diet and excercise would be out the window as well can't resist that good stick to your ribs food!

Brianna Eve (09/12/09) Dillan Zarek (07/20/06) Chase Alexander (10/04/08)

October 20th, 2010, 09:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Tara - way to go! Kelly - awesome job, and good luck this weekend!

I have run a few half marathons, and I ran a full marathon way back in 2002. I'm a slow but steady runner (10 minute mile) and I miss my committment to it....I think I'm going to run a 1/2 marathon next fall. As for the full marathon- if you have a running buddy, that will really help to pass the time! Plus, nowadays there are iPods...wasn't around when I did the marathon, and that would have helped tremendously!

My stats:

Just have the weight: 178 (only down a pound)

Past couple weeks have just been nuts with my work schedule. Todd and I have re-committed to fitness though; we ran a 5K a few weeks ago and bought an elliptical off craigslist, so no more excuses. When work permits, I'm going to try to do a 30 minute workout while the girls nap. Yesterday I did, should be able to today too. Todd and I are going to weigh ourselves today or tomorrow then again on Thanksgiving. I'd like to be down 5 pounds.

Had my yearly gyno check-up yesterday, and we were talking about health and fitness - my doc is AWESOME - and anyways, he actually was cutting me some slack saying that it IS difficult with two babies to try to fit it in, and you do have to make time for your marriage too...there's only so many hours in the day. One good tip he gave me: He said to have a personal rule that, no matter how crazy the week goes, you tell yourself you're never going more than ___ days without a workout. I liked that idea.

Anyhow maybe I'll become more after in this club now.....after my hiatus...
October 21st, 2010, 04:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Mama View Post
Jill....how did the Chicago Marathon go for Patrick? Did he enjoy it? I'm thinking of training for that next year and running it with my sister. My only concern with running a marathon is getting bored!
He did great! Run time was 3:46, AND he was in the general starting bin with 25,000 other people so he didn't actually cross the start line for over 10 minutes. Chicago is a great marathon to run - a very scenic view and completely flat, which is always great!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search