Sleeping Issues

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 19th, 2010, 09:01 PM
~*~Nicole~*~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Is anyone else having issues with their little ones not sleeping? Gabriel is still sleeping in his pack and play and will be getting a new bed this week. Our issues are at night time when its bedtime he will SCREAM for a good 20-30 minutes and finally I will break down and get him out of bed. The last 3 nights he has been in my bed and quite frankly, I am not digging it. LOL I love that he is sooo cuddly when he going to sleep, but man, my kidneys are killing me from the kicking in the middle of the night! Rob has been sleeping in Gabriels bedroom in the spare bed but is not liking it either.

Any suggestions? On Friday we are having new furniture delivered. How do I go about transitioning from PNP to a twin bed and make sure he stays there? I miss my bed (so does DH..lol) and I miss my sleep.

TIA

October 19th, 2010, 09:26 PM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
I am not sure but I am glad to see I am not the only one with a toddler sleeping in a PNP. Ethan has slept in his since he was born but he will soon outgrow it. The main reason we didnt have a crib was because our house is pretty small.

We are getting him a toddler bed soon from Target (it was the smallest one i could find) so I will be doing the transistion soon as well. We are going to put his bed in our office probably. Unless we put him in our bedroom where his pack and play is now but I am not sure if it will fit.

I don't have any advice really but I hope it goes well for you.

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop
October 20th, 2010, 11:44 AM
~Michele~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You might have to be the "bad guy" and let him CIO.
For now I would just talk up the new bed and how he is a big boy and he needs to sleep in his own bed. Maybe go to the store and have him pick out the sheets.
You may need a baby gate in front of his door if he does not stay in his room.

October 20th, 2010, 04:46 PM
tyggrlili25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to tyggrlili25 Send a message via Yahoo to tyggrlili25
we have good nights and bad night. Transition for us went well..but now she gets up several times before falling asleep. we do keep a baby gate at her door...but she now knows how to take it down:-/ You just have to be consistent. consistency is key with toddlers. Good luck Nicole!

October 20th, 2010, 05:09 PM
So, today he didnt want to nap in the PNP..normally he will. So I ended up laying him down in Owen's bed. He stayed there for about 30 minutes quietly, filled his pants and then started banging on the door. LOL I ended up changing him and laying down with him and he never went to sleep. So...right now he is in the PNP, hopefully asleep. I am so looking forward to Friday. Right now I have no bed and I am exhausted (we donated our queen to the Homeless Vets of America)

I pray he stays there. Thanks ladies.

October 20th, 2010, 10:22 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
Josiah is refusing to sleep in his crib AT ALL these days. I've given up. He is taking naps an sleeping at night in our bed. Thankfully it's a king sized bed, so room for all of us, but I'm STILL not happy about it. We want to get him a twin bed sometime soon, but we're broke right now, so that's not happening quite yet. I think it is going to be a really hard transition for him. He has at least partially co-slept with us since he was a newborn... more out of necessity than conscious choice. When he was first born, we were in a house on a really busy street, and the nursery was at the front of the house. It was lit up like a disco ball at night from all the cars going by, and the only way he was able to sleep was by being in our room. By the time we moved into our current house, he was firmly attached to our bed, and did not want to use his crib. It used to be that I could move him to his crib after he fell asleep, but now that he is heavier, I can't do that without waking him up. Sorry... this was a long babble. I don't know WHAT we'll do when it's time to transition him. We've tried CIO, and it did NOT work for Josiah, so IDK what the best solution will be. Good luck to you too! It's nice to know I'm not alone!

October 21st, 2010, 11:51 AM
alicia1984's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jordin has been sleeping better since we transitioned her to a toddler bed a couple months ago. She used to cry and carry on when she was in a crib. Last straw was when she climbed out of it. So she has been in a bed ever since and doesn't really have any toys out in her room to play with so she gets bored and crawls into bed on her own.

Good luck with the transition.

October 21st, 2010, 03:53 PM
Well last night he ended up in the PNp but did not stay there. He was quiet and then decided he didnt want to be in there. I listened to him CIO for 45 minutes and I just gave up. I ended up going to bed in there with him in Owen's bed I slept with him till about 3:30 and then ended up on the couch. He stayed asleep and did not wake until 11 a.m. Thank goodness the new furniture will be here tomorrow. I am so excited!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search