Working it Out

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 20th, 2010, 12:34 PM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
What are some of your "challenges" you're working through with your toddler these days? I know we all have them!

My biggest battle right now is getting Danny to actually lay down to sleep. We lay down together for naps anymore just so that I can get him to lay still for a couple minutes, and if I do that, he's out quickly - it's just that he won't STOP to rest! At night, he gets up and plays in his room a lot before finally falling asleep too, and then he's irritable in the morning. I knwo it's just a phase, but sheesh!

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
October 20th, 2010, 12:59 PM
tanya74's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Potty training was a battle, even though I was taking it slow with Mia. But just this week it's like I have a totally different kid who wants to sit on the potty and is proud of making a pee-pee. So I guess that battle is winding down. Up next, taking away the binky. I'm sure there will be many tears from that experience (from me and Mia, LOL).

October 20th, 2010, 01:05 PM
Julka
About 3 nights a week, she manages to sneak into our bed at night, cover herself, and sleep until morning. And DH and I have NO idea she is even there, and we are both pretty light sleepers. She is talented like that. And I don't mind if she does it at 6am since we get up soon anyway, but today I woke up at 6am and she was next to me deep asleep, and I had no idea when she got there and how long it's been. We are not into co-sleeping and we don't really like it at all.

We do wake up some nights, well even most nights when she opens the door to her & N's bedroom because it squeaks but I guess sometimes she manages to come out quietly..
October 20th, 2010, 01:13 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
I'd like Kate to wear pants or leggings of some sort. Also an appropriate jacket would be great too.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
October 20th, 2010, 01:27 PM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Dinner. Not every night, but at least 1-2 times a week she tries to weasel out of what I've served and then ask for something else later. We're sticking to our guns though, and I know she understands because one night she told me, "Piece of chicken, then candy?" Stinker.

October 20th, 2010, 01:41 PM
KellersMom517's Avatar Emily-Mom to Keller Henry
Eating...always eating. He is SOOOO picky I can't get him to try ANYTHING new. The last battle I won was eating eggplant, but i had to fry it and call it "eggplant chips" - and he still won't eat it if it is sliced too thickly or is not crispy enough. It's like everything has to be JUST SO...and it's annoying.

Isla 10/27/10 and Keller 4/26/08
October 20th, 2010, 04:23 PM
mayandsofiasmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Bedtime. And this just started recently. First, they STALL. One more story, one more story, let me get.... and then they want me to "make" them a pillow (I fold up a small blanket) PAcis need to be washed And then the crying. Monday was SO bad. Kept crying, I finally went in and laid down. After almost 2 hours they were not asleep yet!! I left and they had to CIO.

So that and wanting things NOW.

October 20th, 2010, 04:56 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
current battles: whining, PTing, mean to twins, being sassy to her mother

Lucky mother to five!

October 20th, 2010, 05:32 PM
RunningWithBoys's Avatar Amanda
Eating. especially dinner. He is so picky. I think he likes 4 foods. We have become lazy since Luke was born and are giving him what we know he'll eat to prevent a battle. We must get back on track with that. If he goes to bed without dinner, so be it. Sigh...it's just so nice to eat in peace without the crying for a different food.

October 20th, 2010, 05:42 PM
KellersMom517's Avatar Emily-Mom to Keller Henry
Oh man Amanda - I'm ALREADY getting lazy toward the end of this pregnancy - its going to be an uphill battle once I'm ready to fight it again!

Isla 10/27/10 and Keller 4/26/08
October 20th, 2010, 06:10 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
I want to add that food is a huge concern of mine recently. She hasn't eaten dinner in a month. I refuse to make separate meals for my children, but I do make sure there is something on their plate that they have enjoyed eating in the past..... but Kate still refuses to eat. UGH

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
October 20th, 2010, 08:27 PM
Christa~ SuperMom to Cade
Talking. Eating. Sitting still for five seconds.

He's actually doing really well with potty training... I just wish he would talk already
October 21st, 2010, 07:48 AM
happyhme44's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Going to bed on time... She is also doing the stalling stuff. Then the WHINING! I do not allow it. She gets a warning if she continues to whine I put her in time out. It is driving me nuts.

~Thank you Claire for my beautiful siggy!~

October 21st, 2010, 07:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
No Nap! I know she really needs one, but she just refuses.
October 21st, 2010, 07:59 AM
TallyGirl22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are having a REALLY hard time with Elizabeth hitting and biting (mainly at school). I have come to observe her at prek and nothing is really instigating it - its just her not wanting kids sitting next to her or touching her etc... Like for instance, at circle time, the kids all sit on name tags on the carpet and they do their alphabet, numbers, colors, shapes, songs etc in the mid morning... they've already moved Elizabeth to the front end spot so she's near less children... but she pushes the kid next to her - who is over a foot away! I know it all leads back to her sensory issues and not feeling comfortable in her environment but its just getting worse. EVERY SINGLE DAY she is coming home with a note about something she did. I feel terrible. We're trying, really trying but its a slow process!

Happy 5th Birthday to my princess Elizabeth!

[/CENTER]
October 21st, 2010, 08:14 AM
ethansmom0408's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sitting in his chair to eat. He will take a few bites but then wants to play. I bring him back to his chair at least 15 times during meals. He eats all of his food but at the rate he is going of getting up a million times it will take him forever to eat one meal. I hope that by me bringing hmm back to the chair and telling him he has to stay at the table until he's finished eating works.

We are going to work on potty training again after Halloween. He was doing great for a while on august but now doesn't even ask to go potty. I assume he isn't ready and will try again in a couple of weeks. These toddlers certainly keep us on our toes

October 21st, 2010, 10:21 AM
bessie17's Avatar mommy2caden&adisyn
Temper tantrums if he is told no for ANYTHING, eating and playing nice with his sister. Also, we'll be working on taking his binkie away VERY soon.

Colleen, loving mother to Caden (4yrs; 04-17-2008) and Adisyn (2yr; 01-14-2010)
October 21st, 2010, 11:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sleep, my constant battle. He goes to sleep fairly well, but wakes up every night trying to come into our bed. I am too tired to fight these days, but last night slept on his floor and he stayed in his bed..figures...
October 21st, 2010, 12:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Not listening, then throwing a tantrum when I put him in timeout. Then once he's in timeout, it's hard to get him to stay there and he spits and bites things. It's lovely.

[IMG]h ttp://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc187/kellybabe05/natural2.gif[/IMG]
October 21st, 2010, 01:48 PM
Bermuda Girl's Avatar Andrea Jack & Olive's mom
Bedtime is a nightmare right now. Jack stalls, then will not settle. I end up laying on his floor, but still it takes 2 hours to get him to sleep some nights. It is brutal.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search