We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to email@example.com.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
Well, here I am again, fighting to conceive baby # 2, something I was so scared to have to go through again since we battled Male Factor infertility while trying to conceive Jacob but we conceived him naturally after 2 years and 2 months of trying, a complete miracle. We have been trying again for a year now, not preventing even longer then that but actively trying for a year again this time.
I decided to see my OB about it and dh and I are going for some tests next month, I am getting an hsg and dh another sa, both of us have had these before but its been about 4 years. I am fairly certain my hsg will be fine but I am terrified to see dh's sa again. They were pretty grim 4 years ago but we did conceive Jacob naturally but when Jacob was a newborn dh was diagnosed with mild type 2 diabetes and put on medicine for it, as well as having outrageous high triglycerides and being put on 2 meds for cholesterol, all of which I read can negatively impact sperm so I am just so scared I won't be able to handle it if his sa comes back far worse then it was when we tried for Jacob.
Well if all is well with my hsg and the blood work they took from me on Monday as well as dh having at least 3-5 million sperm, we are moving forward with clomid/IUI in December. I am so scared, I ovulate fine and dont really need clomid but its supposed to increase our chances with creating more follicles and creating better quality eggs, I want to increase my chances any way I can. We will have 2 more natural cycles to TTC before our attempted IUI so I am still holding out faith that we'll get pregnant before this but if not...thats where we stand. I want to make Jacob a big brother so bad...its killing me inside
Thanks ladies, dh's sa is scheduled for Nov 9th, we'll get his results back in 3-5 days...my hsg is scheduled for Nov 17th, we'll get results that day and then we meet with my OB on Nov 19th to go over the results and see when we'll schedule the IUI the following cycle, if we do IUI, it will be mid December.
I'm sorry you're having such a struggle again this time around, fertility issues suck.
I know that nobody ever wants to go the route of medical assistance to conceive, but I found from my own experience that it was actually a bit of a relief on he stress to have a plan like that in place. So for you knowing that you have IUI there as a next step should nothing happen in he next couple of cycles is a positive thing and hopefully the answer for you guys. Good luck and KUP!