I don't know what to do?

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 20th, 2010, 10:30 PM
~Lindsay~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Isabelle is acting out against her baby sister, who is not even here yet.

Today DH asked her about being a big sister, and she said "I don't want my baby sister!!"

And then after we dropped him off at the airport her and I were talking about taking a trip to Oregon for her birthday. I said yes, mommy, daddy, Isabelle & baby sister are going to go on the airplane. I kid you not, she walked up to me and said NO BABY SISTER (to my tummy) and hit me as hard as she could in my stomach. I mean it hurt, but shes only 2.5 so it didn't hurt that bad.

I don't know if this is common, but its freaking me out. I mean she isn't even here yet. Am I maybe talking about the new addition too much? I thought by doing that I was preparing her for the big arrival, but I feel like she is becoming jealous or something.

*sigh* I don't know...any advice?

October 20th, 2010, 10:40 PM
MommyTatt's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I honestly think it is the age. Fox has been extremely agressive lately. hitting yelling defying. Some of it is jealousy, and maybe she is feeling pushed out but alot has to do with the age and not wanting to share. I really don't have advice because each shild is differant with how they deal with not being the baby or only one I just hope you find a solution.

I have learned alot over the years but the best thing I have learned is I love... sloppy baby kisses, messy handed hugs, tooth paste pictures drawn for me on the mirror,that a dandylion bouquet is prettier then roses anyday and most of all I have learned there is no love like that of a child!!

October 20th, 2010, 10:42 PM
The Heather's Avatar Jedi Master of Piffleness
Have you tried reading her some of the big sister books? We have Tenli help with Chase as much as possible and she really likes it. I hope Isabelle will learn to love her little sister when she arrives!

October 21st, 2010, 12:32 AM
I need to get her a big sister book! That will probably help.

I am also going to do the sibling class at the hospital, its for ages 2-9, and maybe being around other kids who are about to be big sisters & brothers would help her get excited about it.

I think you guys are both right, its probably just the age and a stage she is going through.

October 21st, 2010, 06:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Lindsay~ View Post
I need to get her a big sister book! That will probably help.

I am also going to do the sibling class at the hospital, its for ages 2-9, and maybe being around other kids who are about to be big sisters & brothers would help her get excited about it.

I think you guys are both right, its probably just the age and a stage she is going through.
I just cleaned out Addison's closet and I had a big sister book that I put in the give away pile. PM me your address and I'll send it to you!
October 21st, 2010, 07:06 AM
mommy2tns's Avatar real & spectacular.
Send a message via MSN to mommy2tns
Timmy didn't realize what he was getting b/c he was only 17 months when Natalie arrived, so I didn't experience the before jealousy, but boy have I experienced the after jealousy! It's tough for them at this age to understand that they have to share mommy and daddy.

I agree, doing things to celebrate being a big sister should help. The book is a great idea!

Also, what I did was have a special Big Brother day with Timmy a couple weeks before Nat arrived. I took him to lunch and we went to the mall and to build a bear and that's when he created his own special "baby" - Jack the Dog who is still one of his fave animals. He has two of them now LOL!!

Does she have a special baby with baby items like bottles, a carrier, a bed, etc so that she can do with her baby what you do with her baby sister? Timmy loved to copy what I was doing.

I hope that she adjusts to the idea soon - I'm sure once the baby arrives she'll switch and will be protective - this is HER sister and she'll love to hold her and help out. Just make a big deal of how important the big sister is.

Good luck! KUP!

Thank you so much *Kiliki* for another amazing siggy!
October 21st, 2010, 08:51 AM
brittany_g87's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to brittany_g87
i feel for ya girl i have 3 kids that are all against this new baby coming Ryker just whines and cries, Kyla she is just being a typical teenager at 2 years old and Landan wants absolutely nothing to do with the new baby it breaks my heart but we are working with all of them and yeah a sibling class is a wonderful idea mine are going to one next month good luck

October 21st, 2010, 10:39 AM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
I think the sibling class is a great idea and the sister book! Also buddy's idea of a pretend baby.

We had this problem with Stone before Mason arrived, he was really young but he understood what was going on. Before Mason was born, my mom gave me a baby doll that looked like a newborn. (baby william) and I would hold him and put in the swing and the PNP and tell Stone to watch him or cuddle him. The first thing STone did was yank that baby out of the swing and throw him. So... that really didn't work out lol

Mason was a scheduled C/S so we knew the exact day he would be born and Stone stayed with Nana & Granddaddy that night. (My parents) they brought him to the hospital the morning after Mason was born and he was the first one (aside me and DH) to hold Mason. He thought it was so cool. Til the day we took him home. Stone said, "Leave baby here."

It took some time to adjust, he was very jealous of the attention exspecially coming from me (cuz I was BF). He always wanted to sit in my lap when I was feeding Mason, so I let him sit with me and we read books. And when my milk dried up and we started formula, Stone had the best time feeding Mason the bottle and he'd give him a paci.... bring him toys... He loved taking care of him.

Now... him and Mason are inseperatable. Mason thinks Stone hung the moon and Stone loves Mason to death.

I guess the important part is, when baby sister gets here, involve Isabelle as much as you can. Have her get you a diaper, let her feed baby, bring the paci, get a blanket, anything to make her feel useful and pay attention to her. Try to spend time with baby and her, by reading a book during feedings.

When Mason was 3-4 mths, we'd lay him on one of those gym thingies.. with the toys that hang down. And Stone would lay beside him and talk. Mason started making noises and cooing then. It was so cute. To this day, If I can't understand Mason, Stone can translate lol

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
October 21st, 2010, 11:30 AM
you guys rock! I am glad its not just my kid. lol!

October 21st, 2010, 12:35 PM
mommy2tns's Avatar real & spectacular.
Send a message via MSN to mommy2tns
Nope, this is all pretty normal! And like Buddy said, Tim and Nat are inseparable now (unless Nat has one of Tim's cars LOL). When Nat was tiny, Timmy would lay down next to her and talk to her. Now he spends all day doing what she does and they snuggle all the time and love to hug each other and wrestle.

Thank you so much *Kiliki* for another amazing siggy!
October 21st, 2010, 01:55 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
Oh yes, they are best buddies unless Mason touches Stone's spiderman costume, then its a knock down drag out fight.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search