Have you ever done eyebrow threading??

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 20th, 2010, 10:40 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29

I'm a total baby when it comes to pain. I've never waxed anything on my body. I've tried tweezing my eyebrows a time or two but only ended up in the same sort of tears I get when cutting an onion. Threading sounds equally horrible to me. I usually use a tiny electric razor or nothing on my brows.

All good and fine until...

I'm supposed to make an appearance at a fundraiser to promote my biz, and the event will be giving free eyebrow threading, which etiquette says I HAVE to do...with others watching.

Please tell me you've tried this and it's not horrible.
October 20th, 2010, 10:50 PM
shoppermom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have never tried eyebrow threading. However, I have been plucking my eyebrows with tweezers since the 6th grade.Since I have been tweezing it for soooo many years I can't feel any pain there. It doesn't hurt AT ALL.

Thank you bokkechick for my beautiful siggy

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Last edited by shoppermom; October 20th, 2010 at 11:19 PM.
October 20th, 2010, 10:57 PM
laisydaisymama's Avatar Natural Birth Junkie
how long until this event takes place?

if it's 2 weeks out or more, go get your eyebrows waxed and shaped, then there will be a little neatening to do but nothing major.

-Ginni-
homebirthing, tandem nursing, cosleeping, babywearing, picky vaxing, cloth diapering Christian doula mama

www.lovingbeginning.com
www.givingdiapersgivinghope.org

October 20th, 2010, 11:15 PM
ValyntineG's Avatar Based on a True Story
I've threaded. And to be totally honest... It's kind of a suckfest. Ginni is absolutely correct on this. Go get them waxed first because that goes faster and is less painful. That way when you do the threading, they'll just clean you up a little and it won't be bad at all.

claire1979 is my siggy hero

www.etsy.com/shop/68cents
Go there. Buy stuff.

October 21st, 2010, 02:36 AM
HurricaneLady's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ditto the girls above, I've done it twice and it's like tweezing but without the breaks inbetween its that constant feeling.

I tweeze my eyebrows myself normally and have done it so long and touch up a few times a week as needed so the hair barely grows back anymore but threading made my eyes water all over the place.

I didn't have the experience that they claim where it stays away longer than waxing/tweezing either.

Parker Hudson 11/1/08 8.14, 22.5" Frank Breech Csection/Kennedy Eve 11/18/10 9lb, 21" Natural VBAC
October 21st, 2010, 07:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes! It's the way to go, like the other ladies, I've done the tweezers for years. But the problem is I screw it up all the time, plucking too much/too little and the shaping is too hard. I've tried the wax, I don't like it.

I go have mine threaded once a month. As always, your first time will hurt just a bit.
October 21st, 2010, 07:26 AM
LaurKnotter's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've never done the threading but get mine waxed all the time and its no biggie. Good luck and maybe wear waterproof mascara the day you have to get them done in front of people.
October 21st, 2010, 07:41 AM
army_wife1008's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to army_wife1008
Um, yeah. I got my eyebrows threaded because my friend MADE me do it. Never Again. NEVER! Maybe I'm a baby but it hurt so bad! I agree with Ginni and Brie and the other girls, have them waxed and then they will just have a little touch up to do!
October 21st, 2010, 07:58 AM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
It's supposed to be either today or tomorrow. Hmm... I think I'll have to call in sick. I'm NOT doing that!
October 21st, 2010, 08:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yes, i've had my eyebrows threaded. It hurts like heck.

October 21st, 2010, 09:48 AM
Londons Butterfly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Londons Butterfly Send a message via Yahoo to Londons Butterfly
I hate tweezing so it looks like threading is out for me. I think that waxing is less painful than tweezing and always hate it when after they've waxed they pull out the tweezers.

Scarlett Diane

October 21st, 2010, 10:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Threading HURTS!
October 21st, 2010, 11:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I've never had mine threaded and I'm kinda glad! I was totally thinking it was pain-less!

I get mine waxed every 4 weeks.

Good luck!

MEG, mama to Blake (11/18/08) and Hudson (08/11/10)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search