10/21 q.o.t.d.

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 21st, 2010, 08:50 AM
Sonshine1296's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Has your little one started fighting more things, like brushing his/her teeth, getting dressed, diaper changes and more? How do you handle it?

October 21st, 2010, 08:57 AM
Olivia&DelilahsMommy's Avatar Married to my soulmate :)
Not at all...she used to months ago...but now she loves all of it and loves to help out. She brings me a diaper and wipes, sits on the toilet when I brush her teeth with her mouth open wide. She helps me pick out her clothes, she sits in my lap for me to do her hair, or cut her nails.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!!
October 21st, 2010, 09:01 AM
tyggrlili25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to tyggrlili25 Send a message via Yahoo to tyggrlili25
the only thing she really fights a lot is brushing her teeth. But we have good days and bad days. I just let her know we can do this the easy way or the hard way but its going to get done lol

October 21st, 2010, 09:23 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
nate was terrible at teeth brushing until about a month ago, then he finally got it. to do it before he got it, it took 2 of us. one to hold him, one to brush.

he is good about medicine, nails, hair - I don't do much with, but when I got him all snazzed up for the wedding he loved that I did his hair.

diaper changes aren't so bad, getting dressed he now helps.

the only issue we are having is he was almost potty trained, then one day he decided he woudn't go on the potty anymore.

at this rate we are waiting till after the holiday craziness.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 (9wks) & 3/1/14 (9wks)
Chemical Pregnancy 5/31/15
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

October 21st, 2010, 09:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Olive is very strong willed. She wont fight to actually brush her teeth but to put the tooth brush back...

She only fights her diaper sometimes. She doesn't fight to get dressed generally...but sometimes after a diaper change she doesn't want the clothes back on...so then she will fight...sometimes she'll fight because she wants her shoes and socks on and I'm not wanting them on her....

I think the girl just likes to argue! LOL....

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
October 21st, 2010, 11:47 AM
alicia1984's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jordin is strong willed too. Putting the tootbrush back is the worst. She'll let me brush her teeth, but she won't give the brush up too easily.

Diapering her isn't so bad. But potty training her lately has been awful. She was going on it just fine and now all of a sudden she loathes it. She takes all her clothes off too when she pees/poops so nearly every day I go into her room and have to strip the bed down since she peed on it.

I ask her if she has to pee/poop and she won't say until AFTER the fact. She got so mad at me yesterday when I placed her on the potty and was reading her a book about a girl who got a potty. I think I need to get one of those soft toilet seats that go on the actual toilet cause she thinks her potty is a toy. She doesn't see me or her daddy going potty on it so maybe that's why she hates it? I don't know.

October 21st, 2010, 12:31 PM
Sonshine1296's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Abby has been fighting more things lately. She won't let me dress her or change her diaper if we are not on the changing table. She won't open her mouth to let me brush. She wants to do it all herself. Ack!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search