Losing it

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 21st, 2010, 10:16 AM
KellersMom517's Avatar Emily-Mom to Keller Henry
UGGHHHH....I think I'm nearing the end of my rope with this pregnancy. I know that I'm still 5 days away from my due date, and that it's only an estimate anyway - but I really expected to have a baby by now since Keller was a week early and I've been having so many more practice contractions and such.

A lot of you gals saw my rant on the 6 hours of pretty painful contractions I had in the middle of the night - it really got me amped up to get things going and I thought I was going to call my mom tha morning and have her drive down and we were going to have a baby..then i all went away - and hasn't come back. My midwife doesn't check for dilation, but I think I am going to ask if she will at my appointment tomorrow - I just need SOMETHING to hold on to. I have almost no hope of being dilated at all since I haven't lost even a tiny piece of my mucus plug, and have had no bloody show or anything.

Now I am having a hard time feeling a lot of movement from Isla..and it is putting me over the edge. I was laying on the couch this morning, trying to see if I could feel her move, and Keller was climbing ALL over me and eventually hit me RIGHT in the eye. I lost it! I screamed at him and put him on the couch and ran into the other room crying. I think I cried for over a half hour before I could compose myself - completely ridiculous. I felt terrible (even though within 2 seconds he could care less and was singing the Super Why song to the TV ), which made me cry even more. I was so thankful for naptime so I could go into my room and have a good cry without feeling guilty.

This sucks - thanks for reading if you made it this far I made chocolate chip cookies this morning, so feel free to stop by for one

Isla 10/27/10 and Keller 4/26/08
October 21st, 2010, 10:22 AM
blessdmommy's Avatar Happy mama to 3!
Send a message via AIM to blessdmommy
Aawe Em!!
I know the end of a pregnancy can be rough (and really suck to be honest).

I hope your midwife will be able to put you at ease. You'll have a baby soon!!!

Mama to 3, expecting #4 in December!

October 21st, 2010, 10:29 AM
happyhme44's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah not feeling movement puts you to the edge. (I recall that too) I would totally ask for some serious confirmation that a. things are progressing and b. she is okay in there.

~Thank you Claire for my beautiful siggy!~

October 21st, 2010, 10:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
You poor thing. I really hope she comes soon for you. I only made it to 37 weeks with Logan so I don't know what that's all like but it sounds miserable!

[IMG]h ttp://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc187/kellybabe05/natural2.gif[/IMG]
October 21st, 2010, 12:00 PM
Nicandab's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
*hugs* right behind ya hon. Sending you labor vibes left right and center, just send 'em back when you're done!

October 21st, 2010, 01:13 PM
DonovinsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
aww I am so sorry that you are at the end of your rope. I went thru the same thing with Donovin and I didn't have him until 41w I cried several times I recall because I was just done.

I really hope that she makes her appearance soon!!
October 21st, 2010, 02:10 PM
jillylicious's Avatar mom always liked you best
Poor Em! I'm sending you lots of hugs, hon! It WILL happen! You won't be pregnant forever!
October 21st, 2010, 02:49 PM
KellersMom517's Avatar Emily-Mom to Keller Henry
Thanks girls! So to update, I actually went in today because I still wasn't feeling movement and got hooked up to the NST. Well, she was JUST fine and started moving like a crazy person once I got hooked up. She had good accels during the few contractions I had and looked perfect apparently. And then I saw an OB for a follow up that I had never seen, but she was really nice - she did an ultrasound to make sure my fluid was ok (it is) and to see some movements (which we didn't AT ALL, apparently she went back to sleep and is a very sound sleeper..lets hope that continues)...and she checked my cervix!! I shouldn't really be cheering since I am still completely closed and high, but whatever - at least I know.

Im starting to think I'm not a very good midwife patient because even though she didn't get to tell me I was 1-2 cm, I do feel better just having the information. TBH, really the only reason I ended up with midwives instead of OBs in the beginning was that my initial consult was with one of them (back when I was preggo with Keller), she was nice, and I said ok I'll stick with her..but I really would have been fine either way. Oh well!

So either I have another week or so probably, or I will go into labor and have a REALLY long labor just like with Keller since I also wasn't dilated at all with him. Sigh - but I really do feel 100% better! Still keeping my appointment tomorrow and going to do the NST again I guess.

Thanks for the kind words girls I can't wait to meet my little girl!!!

Isla 10/27/10 and Keller 4/26/08
October 22nd, 2010, 08:03 AM
jillylicious's Avatar mom always liked you best
Well that's AWESOME that she kicked butt on the NST. And hey, I've heard that second labors tend to be a bit quicker than first ones - so maybe your cervix will just magically soften and lengthen in, like, 6 hours and you'll have her by Monday.

Hang in there, babe. You sound better today, and I'm happy for ya!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search