Ok. I admit it.

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 22nd, 2010, 04:10 PM
Nicandab's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hate Finding Nemo. i wish he would stay lost, or some bigger fish would EAT him.

I've tried SUPER hard to like the movie.. but I've seen it 21 times in the past two weeks... and if I have to watch it ONE more time..

I may start eating clownfish sushi directly in front of Brianna.

October 22nd, 2010, 04:26 PM
Mama Theo's Avatar Supermom Extrordinare
OMG, I feel ya! I was a cashier when I was preggo with Maya, and we had a display next to the register that played the entire movie over and over and over and over and over and over from open til close every.single.day. 2hour movie x 8 hour shift x 5 days a week from Thanksgiving through New Years. Every time I hear "just keep swimming", I want to SCREAM!!!

I feel ya.

Oh, and I've spent way too much time pondering Monster's Inc lately too. It our Finding Nemo here.
October 22nd, 2010, 04:49 PM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
LOL, I feel the same about Air Buddies.

I do love the Pixar movies, but as with anything, moderation is nice too.

October 22nd, 2010, 06:05 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Oh I hear ya... we had to watch Monsters Inc every single day for at least 6 months. I despise that movie now.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
October 22nd, 2010, 06:47 PM
blessdmommy's Avatar Happy mama to 3!
Send a message via AIM to blessdmommy
Toy Story here...although after a few times of watching it...I started putting on headphones!

Mama to 3, expecting #4 in December!

October 22nd, 2010, 06:51 PM
KellersMom517's Avatar Emily-Mom to Keller Henry
I love finding nemo! And Toy Story. And Cars. I can't help it! LOL WE haven't done Monsters Inc yet...maybe for Christmas, though I'm thinking Lion King.

Isla 10/27/10 and Keller 4/26/08
October 22nd, 2010, 07:06 PM
Julka
Are my girls the only ones who could care less for movies? we never watch any because they get so bored. It's just TV shows here, and only a handful of them.
October 22nd, 2010, 07:21 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nolan is addicted to movies, he'll play the same one over and over all day long. Day after day after day. Sometimes I'll scratch them just so I can throw them out. Neither E nor the twins are interested in tv or movies at all, and I'm just fine with that.

we went through a 6 month Cars phase, now he's huge into Calliou-thankfully I just get those from the library, so they end eventually

Lucky mother to five!

October 22nd, 2010, 09:01 PM
tanya74's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love Finding Nemo! We've had the dvd since it came out like 7 years ago and I'm sure I've seen it about 1000 times but I still love it. It holds a special place for me since it was the first movie we took Alexander to see in the theater.

But I love all the Pixar movies, and just about all of the classic style Disney movies. We just got Beauty and the Beast for Mia and I enjoy watching it as much as she does.

October 22nd, 2010, 09:07 PM
MyBabyBear's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julka View Post
Are my girls the only ones who could care less for movies? we never watch any because they get so bored. It's just TV shows here, and only a handful of them.
I was thinking the same thing. M loves Ni Hao Kai Lan, Dora & Diego but won't sit and watch a movie

My beautiful siggy was made by (Heather) Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* - thank you!

October 22nd, 2010, 09:50 PM
happyhme44's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I like to stick with movies because she gets upset with commercials plus all those commercials are doing is showing her that she needs a bunch of useless crap. My SIL was part of the Disney move club so we pretty much have them all. She is thankfully very into watching a different movie each time. I personally hate the Dora and Thomas movies though. Finding Nemo is super annoying too.

~Thank you Claire for my beautiful siggy!~

October 23rd, 2010, 09:08 AM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanya74 View Post
But I love all the Pixar movies, and just about all of the classic style Disney movies.
Me too! I'll watch all the Disney/Pixar stuff any day over some of the other junk out there.

October 23rd, 2010, 06:43 PM
Julka
The channel that my kids watch shows like Dora, Diego, Thomas, etc. have practically no commercials. I might see like one dropped here & there. But for my girls, with shows like Dora - they sit & watch the entire show, and they do what Dora tells them to do, even Veronika, so they really pay attention. But I like that shows are short and end within 20ish minutes or so.

The few times I put a movie for them, they lose interest 5 minutes in...
October 23rd, 2010, 06:53 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
I should have been more clear, Kate has never sat and watched an entire movie, however J and L enjoy them now. Julia has grown to love all Disney movies, especially old ones like the Jungle Book, Peter Pan, etc. I really can't wait to see Mary Poppins with her!

As for Kate, she's good for a short show like Dora or Diego!

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
October 23rd, 2010, 06:58 PM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
Julia, you aren't alone. Eric likes to have a movie on instead of TV shows sometimes, but he doesn't sit and watch it full through... And Danny could really care less about any movies, and only likes a select few TV shows.

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
October 23rd, 2010, 07:09 PM
Julka
Yeah, I totally get that

Honestly, I really like the idea of having a 'movie night' maybe one Friday a month or something like that, but I just don't see it happening right now. But I can't wait until mine are old enough to sit through a movie and we can plan those family movie nights!
October 23rd, 2010, 07:14 PM
Me too! I tried to have one with Eric the other night - DH was at a sleep study, and Danny was in bed - and he wanted to watch an episode of Rugrats, then 3/4 of the way through started complaining that he was bored...so I read him a story, tucked him in, and had one by myself, LOL.

October 23rd, 2010, 07:18 PM
Julka
Quote:
Originally Posted by quietsong View Post
Me too! I tried to have one with Eric the other night - DH was at a sleep study, and Danny was in bed - and he wanted to watch an episode of Rugrats, then 3/4 of the way through started complaining that he was bored...so I read him a story, tucked him in, and had one by myself, LOL.
That would be Natasha too LOL. Same thing.
And she loves Thomas the Tank Engine.. watches the shows when they come on. But last month we took them both to the theatre to watch a Thomas movie (about an hour length?), she was staring at the walls after 20 minutes and wanting to go home.

some day, some day...
October 23rd, 2010, 07:45 PM
Eric did better in the theater than at home - about 40 minutes in he got really jittery, but Dad took him for a potty break and a walk around the theater and after a 10 minute "break" he was able to watch the rest. I think there's just too many distractions and other stuff to do at home though!

October 24th, 2010, 10:51 AM
Mama Theo's Avatar Supermom Extrordinare
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyBabyBear View Post
I was thinking the same thing. M loves Ni Hao Kai Lan, Dora & Diego but won't sit and watch a movie
I think that's maybe the issue here. They don't actually WATCH the movie for more than 5 minutes at a time, so when they find out it's over, they want to start it again. And then go play playdoh. Next thing I know, I'm every order I take at work is for part number 23-19 and I start wondering who actually DOES hold the All Time Scare Record during rush hour traffic. Is it Waternoose? They don't really say...but it isn't Sully...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search