Christmas Gifts/Stocking Stuffers

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 22nd, 2010, 05:28 PM
blessdmommy's Avatar Happy mama to 3!
Send a message via AIM to blessdmommy
I need some ideas! What are you getting your l/o?
I need ideas that are educational(ish). I think it'd be a good idea for Jack to learn about the world around him (seeing as he likes to play alone sometimes) and maybe somethings that will teach him about words, colors, shapes ect.

Mama to 3, expecting #4 in December!

October 22nd, 2010, 06:12 PM
Julka
I would suggest Melissa & Doug toys for you. A lot of their wooden toys come in different shapes, sizes, colors - good way to practice those while he plays. Also, if he doesn't already have mega-blocks, get those maybe. I taught both my girls their colors using mega-blocks.

Melissa and Doug Wooden ABC/123 Blocks - Blocks
Melissa & Doug Alphabet Nesting and Stacking Blocks
Melissa & Doug Stacking Train
Melissa & Doug Beginner Pattern Blocks

We have/had a LOT of Melissa & Doug toys, they are great. The last link - that one I still have because they both love putting those together, even my 4 year old.
October 22nd, 2010, 07:13 PM
HS&Fsmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love stocking stuffers!

We have huge stockings so there is quite a bit of room. They are getting books and DVDs. Hugo's DVDs are Wallace and Gromit, Sergio's are Dr. Seuss. They were $4.75 each at Target. Hot Wheels are another great one. They will probably get a few more of those.

I saw an amazing telescope that is small sized:
Optic Explorer - Magic Cabin

This catalog/site has a whole lot more small sized educational items.

Toy percussion instruments can fit in a stocking and Hugo has gotten those before. Also crayons, stampers, craft items, play doh. Small balls. Kaleidoscopes. Socks, underwear, toothbrush and toothpaste. My mom also used to give us each a little ornament with money (which teaches about money and its value and saving). A little bank would be good too if they don't already have one.

October 22nd, 2010, 07:31 PM
Thanks so much girls!
Julia, I LOVE Melissa and Dough stuff..everything look sturdy! We don't own anything from them, but it's on my "to buy" list!

I love the suggestion of a piggy bank!! Great!

October 22nd, 2010, 08:08 PM
tanya74's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This is a bit bigger than a stocking stuffer but this is something I'm getting for Mia
LeapFrog TAG Junior Book Pal Reading System - Green - LeapFrog - Toys "R" Us
You can buy books to go with it that teachers colors, shapes, etc. I really can't wait for her to get it. Puzzles are a great idea too. Also, the Leapfrog videos are great for teaching ABC's. Mia has Leapfrog Letter Factory and recognizes about 10 letters just from watching that video alone.

October 22nd, 2010, 08:24 PM
mayandsofiasmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Books! I love the board books that are nonfiction and have lots of words and photos. The girls love them too!

October 23rd, 2010, 08:36 AM
jillylicious's Avatar mom always liked you best
Bead w/ string - Jack LOVES these and it encourages fine motor skills and helps develop his attention span.
October 23rd, 2010, 11:03 AM
KellersMom517's Avatar Emily-Mom to Keller Henry
I 2nd the M&D stuff - they also having a lot of puzzles and talking puzzles (ie with the ABCs or #s 1-20) that are great.

I think we are getting Keller an easel or a train set as his big gift this year. And anything with dinosaurs he loves, and he's getting into matchbox cars. Shannon I believe, has inspired me too to get him a little digital camera.

Stocking stuffers I usually do stuff like DVDs/CDs, play doh, matchbox cars, crayons, ABC magnets for the fridge/easel, coloring books, etc.

Isla 10/27/10 and Keller 4/26/08
October 23rd, 2010, 12:49 PM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
David is getting books and Thomas Trains for stocking stuffers. I also get him a new fun toothbrush and toothpaste .

October 23rd, 2010, 03:35 PM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love this thread, I'm getting lots of good ideas. The only things I had thought of so far for stocking stuffers were stickers, socks, and candy. LOL

October 23rd, 2010, 03:38 PM
Keep it coming ladies! I'm loving this thread!!
I just wanna buy them everything....can I plleease! LOL (I think my bank account just screamed, "Noooo!!!")

October 23rd, 2010, 11:36 PM
MrsSarah1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I got each of the girls a set of 8 soy crayons that are really big fat hunks of color. They don't break easily like regular crayons, there is no paper to eat, and they are big fat hunks, so they will fit easily in their hands. I'll probably add a coloring book and maybe a little doll. If DH lets me that is.. I've already spent so much and it's barely October!
October 24th, 2010, 05:54 AM
TwoSweetGirls's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hmm, stocking stuffers, we do a tooth brush always, and small things (our stockings fall down otherwise). For boys maybe match box cars, magnets for the fridge, a dvd, coloring book?
October 24th, 2010, 10:05 AM
Mama Theo's Avatar Supermom Extrordinare
The girls are getting socks and underwear in their stockings lol! And Z's getting baby legs too. But we wrap EVERYTHING else. Even the little notepad I got for Maya is getting wrapped. I'm a big wrapper at Christmas. I am going to look into some of the suggestions on here though because it's SO hard to shop for Z since she already has all of M's old stuff.
October 24th, 2010, 11:09 AM
Christa~ SuperMom to Cade
Pretty sure this will be cade's BIG present from Santa:

His cousin has the red cozy coupe and Cade loves it, they fight over it every time.

I want to get him a small fish tank too though, maybe just big enough for 2 fish.

I have already got him a floor alphabet/animal/train puzzle and I want to get him some more puzzles & books. Flashcards for his stocking (he LOVES flashcards) and maybe a DVD or new CD. Not sure what else - he already has a ton of toys so I'm trying to get him more "educational" toys as well LOL.... but yeah, those Melissa & Doug toys are great! Cade has the stringing beads & some of the puzzles and they are always fun!
October 24th, 2010, 02:30 PM
SheilaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to SheilaRN
I got Ellie a Leapfrog Tag Jr along with a couple books. I think you can save a few $$ when you buy 3 books at a time online.
I'm also a big fan of the M & Doug toys. If you have a hard time finding them, I always see them at Kohl's and even ROSS, TJ Maxx and Marshall.
October 25th, 2010, 05:16 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
We did finger paints in the stockings last year, and they've been a HUGE hit with the boys here recently I like to do some art/craft type stuff in the stockings, and the Hotwheels or other small cars. Also, for stacking beads, if you're looking into them there are my total favorite:

String A Farm, Alex - Barnes & Noble

It's nice, too, because the start of the string is actually a wooden cylinder, so it doesn't get frayed and make it hard to get through the beads like I've noticed on a LOT of sets after a while. Plus, it's so darn cute, LOL.

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
October 25th, 2010, 12:43 PM
TallyGirl22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've got some stocking stuffers for E already - did lots of the $1 books from Target and Dollar Tree... did play doh, elmo flash cards, a princess kite (walmart $2), and a etch-a-sketch! And then they'll be little candies in there as well... oh and a new toothbrush and toothpaste for each of the kids

Happy 5th Birthday to my princess Elizabeth!

[/CENTER]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search