Wowsers what a night.

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 23rd, 2010, 05:14 AM
Nicandab's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH's mother is in the hospital, she had a stroke that started on MONDAY and didn't tell anyone about the beginnings of her symptoms until she got so aphasic she could barely speak.

We didn't find out about this until last night, when she actually went to the ER/hospital, etc. DH is very frustrated with her.. since he's a paramedic and *SHE'S* the one who trained him to be an EMT way back when he first started. They were both volunteer rescue squad until DH went to school to get his paramedic and his mom retired.

She *knows* the symptoms of a stroke. She also knows there's a three hour window to get the treatment to reverse/hold off the biggest part of the damage.. and yet.. she didn't go to get checked out.

ok done with the rant.. DH is worried and frustrated. and that's making me worry and be frustrated on his behalf, I think.

so we were out until the middle of the night, I've had Braxton Hicks all night, some of which waking me up.

Brianna has had to be dragged out of bed at 7-7:30 all weekend.. This morning? 5:45.

Thanks, kid.

October 23rd, 2010, 05:19 AM
KellersMom517's Avatar Emily-Mom to Keller Henry
Oh boo! I swear, people who know about the medical profession and advice are the WORST at following it!! I hope your MIL is ok!!

5:45 huh? That sucks - it's always those mornings you need a little extra sleep. Lately I've been telling myself...in a few days/weeks this won't even QUALIFY as tired! LOL! I hope you can take a nap today!!

Isla 10/27/10 and Keller 4/26/08
October 23rd, 2010, 09:09 AM
Nicandab's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My Mom is being a lovely, lovely woman and taking brianna to my nephew's soccer game.

October 23rd, 2010, 09:29 AM
jillylicious's Avatar mom always liked you best
Go SLEEP, pregnant lady! And KUP on your MIL. Hugs to you guys.
October 23rd, 2010, 10:28 AM
blessdmommy's Avatar Happy mama to 3!
Send a message via AIM to blessdmommy
Wowza is right! I hope she's alright and that you get some rest.

Mama to 3, expecting #4 in December!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search