Name them!!

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 24th, 2010, 05:19 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
What are some of the names that you have for the private areas? Do you teach your children proper names?

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
October 24th, 2010, 05:48 PM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
LOL

We call ours Wee wee ( boys) and Tee Tee ( girls )

Mackenzie came up with Tee Tee ( we called it pee pee) but she couldnt say the P sound. We just kept it. And i think we called Charlies a weenie ( and she said wee, wee, and again we kept it)

I will teach them the corrent words when they are older, but right now, this is fine and age appropriate in my book.
October 24th, 2010, 05:55 PM
TwoSweetGirls's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1000% proper names. If my children ever need to communicate something is wrong with them in that area I want to make sure the adult they are speaking to knows exactly what they are talking about.
October 24th, 2010, 06:02 PM
tanya74's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We use pee-pee and vagina. When Alexander was younger it was only penis. I think it's important to know the proper words for each part of their body.

October 24th, 2010, 06:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We use the correct terms. If he asks I tell him.
October 24th, 2010, 07:00 PM
lindseyp1019's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We also use proper names here.

*Lindsey, proud mamma to Kyle and Cade!*
October 24th, 2010, 07:57 PM
mayandsofiasmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We will teach the proper names. Although DH has been saying "ding dong" and I yell at him lol

October 24th, 2010, 08:29 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm taking notes here. I have no idea what to do because a male is obvious penis, but the use of the word vagina annoys me because it's not technically correct - the vagina is the internal portion only! the external area is called the vulva, but who the heck calls it that? So I am perplexed here.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
October 24th, 2010, 08:58 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
we teach the appropriate names, but the two oldest have shortened them to "peanut" and "gina"--close enough for now
October 25th, 2010, 04:33 AM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We will teach the proper names. Right now, she just points to the area and says "pee pee" or "poopy", since we're gearing up for potty training.

October 25th, 2010, 04:50 AM
KellersMom517's Avatar Emily-Mom to Keller Henry
We use peepee and penis...I say both so that he knows they are the same. I guess I'm not sure what I'll call it for a girl...my parents tried to teach me vagina I think, but I ended up calling it "China" LOL.

Isla 10/27/10 and Keller 4/26/08
October 25th, 2010, 07:12 AM
bessie17's Avatar mommy2caden&adisyn
We use peepee and penis, but haven't had to teach vagina yet. I'd prefer to use another word like "who-ha", but I also want to teach them the proper word as well.

Colleen, loving mother to Caden (4yrs; 04-17-2008) and Adisyn (2yr; 01-14-2010)
October 25th, 2010, 07:44 AM
jillylicious's Avatar mom always liked you best
Well, when he was little we called it his peter (I had no brothers and neither did DH, so we were kind of going in blind as to what was the norm to call it, lol) but for the most part right now we call the whole business his privates.

I haven't gotten into penis and testicles yet - we'll tackle that in another few months once Ruby arrives and Jack realizes that boys and girls have different kinds of privates. Should be interesting, lol!
October 25th, 2010, 11:27 AM
MommyToCooper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We started out calling it his wee-wee but are now calling it penis. If Cooper calls it his wee-wee we always correct him, but lately he's calling it his penis on his own so not too much correcting.
October 25th, 2010, 12:19 PM
We use proper names as well. Penis and Vagina here.

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
October 25th, 2010, 12:26 PM
TallyGirl22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Elizabeth calls it her tee tee.... my MIL wants her to call it a "tookee" because thats what she taught DSD's to say when they were little & to this day at almost 8 years old they call it a "tookee" and it DRIVES ME NUTS! I dont mind teaching E the proper name when shes older but for now tee tee is fine... but DSD's keep saying tookee. Ugh.

Happy 5th Birthday to my princess Elizabeth!

[/CENTER]
October 25th, 2010, 04:28 PM
Mama Theo's Avatar Supermom Extrordinare
OMG, I was on another board that got into a VICIOUS debate over this because we say "bottom" and someone chastised me for not using the correct terminology. But then I questioned why it's any different than calling it "vagina" when the outside part consists of the vulva and labia and vagina is the inside part. Anyway, it got NASTY...

Anyway, it's but for the backside and bottom for the front side here. And Maya thought it was HYSTERICAL in preschool when the teacher would say "sit on your bottom."
October 26th, 2010, 08:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We currently say "crotch," but I just got an anatomically correct boy doll and my 3 yr old wanted to know why she had poop there. lol So I just quickly explained the doll is a boy and that is his "boy parts". My DH and I clearly need to discuss what we will say since we have a boy on the way, but it really hadn't fully come up before. They've never asked anything about me or DH down there.
October 26th, 2010, 10:08 AM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
LOL, i love how random topics can get so heated.

Honestly i dont like the word penis or vagina, and i dont feel comfortable using them, even to a 2 year old. I will eventually teach her the correct words, but honestly if she needs to get her point across as to what hurts, she does.
She had a UTI not too long ago and she would cry when i told her to go pee, and hold her crotch and say "my tee tee hurts" i got the point pretty darn quickly.

We have taught Mackenzie the difference, especially since her and her brother have been bathing together for about 10 months now. She noticed right off the bat he had something else.
October 26th, 2010, 10:16 AM
I find it funny that random topics like this can get heated.... I can't believe someone would care what words you choose to teach your child. I just posted this out of curiosity, not to judge anyone.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search