Going for walks

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 25th, 2010, 06:31 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
Do you? Does your toddler enjoy it?
Do you use a stroller, a wagon, or let them walk?

We walk together, usually just around our neighborhood, and Danny's always been kind of ambivalent... He likes to walk, but he wants to be ALL over the place, so he doesn't mind very well and I have to keep a death grip on his hand sometimes, LOL. We went for a walk with some friends by their house, though, and we went up the main street... Danny had a blast with it! He loved watching all the cars zoom by, laughed when one was so close he felt the breeze from it, and didn't fight me at all to hold my hand. I think I have a new route to try!!

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
October 25th, 2010, 07:32 AM
Julka
Um, we sometimes do on weekends and the girls do walk until they get tired. We always have the sit+stand with us on long walks because they do get tired after a while.
October 25th, 2010, 07:34 AM
bessie17's Avatar mommy2caden&adisyn
Yes! Caden loves to go for walks and he helps push the stroller while I guide it I always let him walk - it burns off some of his never-ending energy.

Colleen, loving mother to Caden (4yrs; 04-17-2008) and Adisyn (2yr; 01-14-2010)
October 25th, 2010, 07:37 AM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We walk around our neighborhood once or twice a week and around our property nearly everyday (we live on 3+ acres). Leah loves taking walks and she HAS to walk. There has been no such thing as a stroller since, oh, June. LOL She loves exploring and meeting neighborhood dogs.

October 25th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
our big kids are good walkers, the little guys are in the stroller and each preschool holds onto a side-we don't walk out here, something is likely to eat us

Lucky mother to five!

October 25th, 2010, 12:25 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
I bring the stroller only if I have all 4 or I'm going to be gone for a long time. Normally, I have Paul in the Beco and Kate holds my hand. However if we have the stroller, Kate opts to sit in it rather than walking. She gets tired very easily.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
October 25th, 2010, 12:25 PM
MommyToCooper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Cooper likes to walk but will also go in his stroller or ride his "bike" (balance bike). Our neighborhood is just under a half a mile around and we usually walk it a few times a week as a family.
October 25th, 2010, 01:29 PM
TallyGirl22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes. We usually take the wagon or walk. If we're walking not near the house - like go somewhere then walk (lake, mall, etc) we take the stroller but she usually walks at least 1/2 of the time!

Happy 5th Birthday to my princess Elizabeth!

[/CENTER]
October 25th, 2010, 04:23 PM
tanya74's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We do both. If it's a long walk we'll take the stroller and if it's just a walk to the school to meet Alexander (just a block away) she'll walk. We also just bought a little bike trailer to go on the back of DH's bike so we take family bike rides around our neighborhood. Mia loves riding in the trailer.

October 25th, 2010, 05:23 PM
Mama Theo's Avatar Supermom Extrordinare
We go out places, but we don't set out on walks. When we do go out, the girls walk though. If Z gets tired, she'll ride on our shoulders. I haven't broken out the stroller in forever.
October 25th, 2010, 09:20 PM
ethansmom0408's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been walking almost daily since Ethan was very young so he's used to being in the stroller. He stays in there like a good boy until I'm finished my 3.5 mile walk. After that I walk with him a little around a couple of blocks. He loves walks whether he's in or out of the stroller.

October 25th, 2010, 10:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Lately we've been going without the stroller. DH lets the girls sit on his shoulders for a bit when they get tired...that's all going to change now though. DH has to have knee surgery!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search