BTDT mommas, I need you over here

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 3rd, 2010, 09:49 AM
jillylicious's Avatar mom always liked you best
Pep talk time. If you're not in the mood for whining, might be best to skip this post.

So, um, the baby weight comes off the same after the 2nd one, right?

I have gained... um...

Oh man I hate to even say it, but...

Eighteen. Pounds.

As in 1-8 lbs.

I was about 5-6 lbs heavier than I wanted to be when I got pg this time, but whatever. Now I'm bopping around 18lbs ABOVE that. And it's hard, man. It's hard.

I am not going to pump this time or BF due to the fact that I HATED IT last time (no flames pls) and furthermore I have had a breast reduction, so even if I was dying to the odds aren't great that I will anyway. I am really scared that not BFing is going to keep the weight on me.

I maintained around 130 (within 5lbs either way) for over a year before getting pg this time, so I'm hoping that's going to encourage my body to "bounce back" to where it was. I haven't worked out in a month - we have been SO busy at work that I just don't feel like I can take an hour each day to go to the gym - and my weight is slowly but steadily creeping up. It's still in the recommended range but at the higher end for sure.

I've heard from a few moms IRL who said that the weight comes off quick with #2 just cause you're so darn busy with 2 kids. Have any of you girls found this to be true? I am SO scared I won't lose this weight, it is honestly my biggest fear this time (see what my brain does when I am not having pregnancy complications? It tries to kill me. Stupid brain.)

Any reassurance anyone has would be appreciated. I will deliver in about 12-13 weeks, but didn't make it that far last time so I don't know what all to anticipate in terms of weight gain on a full term body (I had gained 35ish lbs with Jack when I delivered at 34w5d, and I had pre-e so I'm sure some of it was fluid.)

Sorry for the novel, just emotional today, I guess.
November 3rd, 2010, 10:03 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
Hon... It's just weight. You beat it once, you'll beat it again. I gained fifty pounds with Eric. That's no itty bitty 1-8, that's a big honkin' 5-0 right there. I breastfed for a whopping 4 weeks with him, and you know what? I'd lost 40 of it by the time he turned 1. Heck, I'd lost like 25 of it by the time he was 2 months old, LOL. By the time Danny was 2, I was weighing LESS than I had when I got pregnant with Eric... I've gained some of it back since, but that's thanks to my ice cream OD when I quit my job, heh.

Your body does, and will, change with each pregnancy; the important thing is to be comfortable with yourself. If you want to lose it, you can, and you will. 18 pounds at 25 weeks is actually pretty darn good, hon. Remember, you NEED to gain weight for a healthy pregnancy! Not necessarily 50 pounds, that was a bit of overkill, but the majority of the weight you gain when you do it right is baby, fluid, and increased blood flow in your body.

Hugs hon. I wish I could tell you more specific about how my weight came off shorter term with Danny, but my mind has blocked out most of his first year, heh. I don't remember much of anything!

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
November 3rd, 2010, 10:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Jilly, you're doing fine! You're in the 2nd trimester, remember? This is when you start gaining weight faster! Because lil Ruby is working on her curves.

I haven't weighed myself in a couple of weeks (because I freaked out a little when I had to say goodbye to the 130s) but I'll weigh myself tomorrow morning if it makes you feel better. I'm sure I've gained close to that. And it's not all baby...

It could be worse...I mean, you could be getting married in 2 months. lol. I'm starting to think I should've picked fatter bridesmaids! hehe.

[IMG]h ttp://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc187/kellybabe05/natural2.gif[/IMG]
November 3rd, 2010, 11:11 AM
KellersMom517's Avatar Emily-Mom to Keller Henry
LOL Kelly! Nice...fatter bridesmaids - you bridezilla!! haha.

Ok Jill - breathe...in and out...slowly. Ok, ready? It is coming off just the same for me. I only lost about 3 lbs between having the baby and then coming home, but I am now 1 week post-partum and have lost 14 pounds. Yeah - 14 pounds in ONE WEEK! And I am still a little swollen in my feet, I am still bleeding, and my boobs are still a little full from whatever puny amount of milk they made. So I expect to see the scale continue at least a little bit further downward in the next week or so.

So you can do it - don't worry! You have been careful about your weight gain, though I hope not TOO careful - so I'm sure it will melt off.

BTW - I was really worried about what impression I would give the hospital staff when I said I would be formula feeding. I felt i had to explain the whole breast reduction business and blahblahblah...but they were all super understanding and nonchalant about it since I told them our choices confidently. I wasn't confident, but at least I sounded it I don't know, you probably aren't as paranoid about the stigma of formula feeding from the getgo as I was, but just in case you had thought about it - the nurses really didn't give it a 2nd thought and made me feel good anyway! Ok, enough of a tangent.

Isla 10/27/10 and Keller 4/26/08
November 4th, 2010, 06:39 AM
jillylicious's Avatar mom always liked you best
Thanks you guys. I feel better.

And, ps - Em I'm SO glad they were chill about the FFing. I really don't think I'll be up to taking much flak from them when I tell them I'm not BFing so I hope they are as understanding as yours were!!
November 4th, 2010, 07:19 AM
happyhme44's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah see the baby has to get bigger in order to be HEALTHY; therefore, you will gain weight. Baby Bigger=Weight gain. I think you also need to realize that I personally dumped a ton of weight after having her but then I held on to about 25 lbs extra weight the ENTIRE time I breastfed. Not everyone loses tons of weight from breastfeeding. I kept thinking it would happen and it didn't LOL. Then because I am getting older I had to do some serious exercise to get rid of that weight. On top of the exercise I know you will do.... you will be running around with two kids. My mum said the second she had two kids she could not keep the weight on. She was working full time and taking care of us. So stop the worrying... Although I know that when I was pregnant my OCD worrying came out in full force! So easier said than done!

~Thank you Claire for my beautiful siggy!~

November 4th, 2010, 10:27 AM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jill, 18 pounds at 25 weeks is not bad at all. I gained 40 pounds with Leah. And you know what? I lost 30 of it by 2 weeks PP, and I didn't breastfeed! It was mostly all baby and fluid and whatever other stuff is in there.

You've done this once and you can definitely do it again. And remember, this is for Ruby. She needs everything you can give her. Try not to worry too much. Hugs!

November 4th, 2010, 11:08 AM
blessdmommy's Avatar Happy mama to 3!
Send a message via AIM to blessdmommy
I gained about 40 lbs with each pregnancy (8 lbs and 9 lbs babies). Don't worry about the weight, hon. You are doing great and so is Ruby! She needs all the good stuff you can give her!

Just so you know, I've BF'd both boys (Jack for 1 yr) and the weight um...well ...it didn't come off. lol So you're pretty lucky it came off while you pumped/BF'd your Jack. As far as FFing...it's a choice you have the right to make, there isn't any wrong choice there (IMHO). I read an article by Dr Sears once that said "If you resent it, chang it!" If you know beforehand that BFing isn't going to be for you...then by all means, FF!!! Love you Jilly, you're doing great hon!!

Mama to 3, expecting #4 in December!
rate 6/5/2014: 164 rate 6/23/2014: 165 14w5d

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search