C-section Mamas.. A couple of questions..

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 11th, 2010, 11:31 AM
Nicandab's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ok.. so I got stapled with internal dissolvable staples, sewn up on the outside, and then glued. Some of the blue marker they used to mark the incision site is under the glue and can't be washed off yet. I swear all I need is some glitter, some puff balls and some googly eyes and I'd be a 4th grader's craft project.

how long did it take the glue to come off? The stitches to dissolve? How long until you felt normal again? The incision site itself is numb.. will that go away?

November 11th, 2010, 11:40 AM
blessdmommy's Avatar Happy mama to 3!
Send a message via AIM to blessdmommy
So you had staples that were removed? The lil strip things are still there?

I want to say that things were defiantly back to normal for me (both times, 1st c/s with staples, 2nd with an amazing suture job) by my 6 week checkup.

Mama to 3, expecting #4 in December!

November 11th, 2010, 11:42 AM
The staples are all internal and will dissolve over time.. There's no strip things, they used the clear superglue stuff that seems to slowly fade into a sticky residue that I'm terrified to scrub too hard. the stitches are still visible but they are dissolvable too, I don't have to have anything removed.

November 11th, 2010, 12:22 PM
blessdmommy's Avatar Happy mama to 3!
Send a message via AIM to blessdmommy
Hmmmm...interesting.
I'm not familiar with the dissolving staples. I had staples the first time around and the nurse had to come remove them. The glue and steri strips just eventually fell of after a while and like a million showers (ok, not a million but say a few days worth). What I was told about the glue ect is just to let it come off on its own. Are you in pain? Did they give you anything for pain?

Mama to 3, expecting #4 in December!

November 11th, 2010, 12:26 PM
I'm almost a week off pain meds, I still have a little 'stitch' in my side on the left that feels a little weird. they prescribed me plenty, I still have some in fact... but overall I don't hurt that much unless I overdo it like WHOA. It was rough the first week though. I guess I just want to feel normal again, and I'm chomping at the bit to regain my independence a little. I can drive, but I can't lift over 8 lbs and that negates me going anywhere (baby is 6 1/2 and the carrier is way over 8) without assistance. I can't even lift Brianna!

That, and the numbness is weird. The incision site is just crazy numb.

November 11th, 2010, 12:51 PM
jillylicious's Avatar mom always liked you best
The numbness will definitely go away - mine felt mostly normal by 6 months post-op (same for the numbness from my breast reduction.)

I didn't have the dissolving glue, but I did have something similar when I had revision surgery on my breast reduction - as I recall I think the last bits washed off at about 4wks. I wouldn't scrub it either, just brush gently with a little soapy water and rinse. I'm sure it's no big deal about the marker - I don't think they'd use anything toxic to mark you up in the OR, kwim?

As for the carrier - can you pack a wrap or Snugli in the car and just lift Wyatt into that when you want to get out? Can Bree climb in and out of the car herself?
November 11th, 2010, 01:09 PM
happyhme44's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just put her in the front pack carrier for as long as I could. I preferred having her on me and having my hands free. I had the staples on the outside that were removed prior to leaving the hospital. I am also not familiar with the glue. I personally took a longer time to recover. They warned me that I would, so I wouldn't listen to my advice. lol I still to this day don't feel comfortable doing push-ups so I don't do them anymore. My best friend didn't have any complications with hers and she was feeling great by her six month appt.

~Thank you Claire for my beautiful siggy!~

November 11th, 2010, 03:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, I never regained full feeling around my incision. I don't notice it unless I poke around it, but it definitely never was the same. I have some friends who warned me that could happen, but it is still a bummer if it happens to you. It's just weird. Granted, I had severe bruising and issues because of blood loss from a placenta issue; so maybe that was partly to blame. I didn't lift my 16 month old for the whole 6 weeks because I was so afraid after my delivery for anything else to go wrong. I just encouraged her to climb into everything and would have her climb up on the couch to hug her that way. It broke my heart every time she asked me to pick her up though. I can't remember when I started carrying the baby in the carseat. I have no clue what they used to close me up since I was taken to the ICU afterward and was in/out of consciousness. I agree with the others though about not scrubbing and just letting it wash away with time. I'm glad you're not in much pain anymore! Hopefully you will continue to heal.
November 12th, 2010, 05:42 AM
lindseyp1019's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I still have numbness around the edges, never fully regained feeling. I didn't exactly follow doctors orders though, I just did what I felt I could handle. They said no stairs, yeah right, no driving...try to keep me away! I was carrying the car seat into the doc's office days after he was born. Just take it as it comes, if you feel you can do something, go for it!

*Lindsey, proud mamma to Kyle and Cade!*
November 12th, 2010, 01:21 PM
Mommy2Hunter's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I never had glue or anything, just stitches. I can't remember if they snipped them with Hunter, but I know they did with Elijah. Once the steri strips were removed I could wash it good and everything. I think this was like a week post op.

both of my c-sections were super easy, but I was going up and down stairs 5 days PP with Hunter and as soon as Elijah was released (9 days old) I was carrying him around in his carseat. I hate the infants seats so if I could avoid taking it out of the car and just removing him from it I would. I drove him myself to his 2 week checkup. I was pretty much off pain meds by about 1 1/2 wks PP, unless I really over did it. I was doing situps by 5 weeks PP..lol. All that being said, I have a pretty rockin pain tolerance and am a fast healer. My advice would be to just try to do something and if it causes you pain then don't do it again for awhile. When you have another child at home it's pretty much impossible to follow the guidelines they give you.

Oh, the numbness- I still have spots that are numb or I have slight feeling in so I think that just depends on the person too!
November 12th, 2010, 05:51 PM
happyhme44's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah I don't have any numbness at all... Then again I never did. I just felt PAIN. lol

~Thank you Claire for my beautiful siggy!~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search