I don't know.

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 13th, 2010, 04:37 PM
Nicandab's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I really want to say I'm *done* having kids. I've always wanted 2, a boy and a girl, and now I have a beautiful princess and an amazing little prince.

DH and I had discussed taking permanent measures if I had to have a C-section. I discovered too late that I couldn't have it done there (I went to a Catholic hospital, duh Leslie!) so that was out.

I do not want to go through another pregnancy. My pregnancy with Brianna was tough.. Wyatt's was harder and resulted in me having a c-section, and a preemie.

DH is not at all certain that he's done. Which I don't blame him for.. He's a little bit younger than I am, and Wyatt is his only biological child. He loves Brianna with all his heart, but he's not at all certain that he's done, that he may want another child.

I've asked him about adoption. I wouldn't be opposed to more children, it is the pregnancy bit that I absolutely, positively, DO NOT WANT. I do not want to go through another pregnancy ever again, even if offered trillions of dollars. I felt this way throughout the pregnancy, even before we started trying, that this would be my last pregnancy.

I feel like a horrible wife for saying, 'Hon.. I'm just done with it.' but I've been saying it throughout and then all of a sudden he's not done?!? I'm not angry with him, precisely, but if he wasn't sure 1 step, 1 bio was enough, he should have said something *BEFORE* 2 weeks before I gave birth to this one. Augh!!

I don't want another pregnancy. I absolutely do not want another newborn. This isn't a backlash from Wyatt being difficult, in fact, he's earned the name 'Quiet Wyatt'. He's an amazing baby. I just don't want to go through all of this again, the fear, the paranoia.. the complications with pregnancy.

I just don't know if I'm willing to go through it again, for DH's sake.. and not resent the crap out of it.

*sigh* the meanderings of a hormonal post partum woman.

November 13th, 2010, 04:43 PM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
Hon, we're in the same boat. I've been saying for years - pretty much since things went awry with Danny - that I don't think I could do it again, and that I feel done at 2. DH is waffling, still. I'm sitting here like, seriously? 2 is a perfect fit!

Good luck, hon.

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
November 13th, 2010, 05:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Aww, hugs! I have a friend who feels just like you in that she can't go through another pregnancy. She also said she'd adopt, but just can't put her body though that again. It can sure be super tough on us, and I don't blame you one bit for feeling the way you do even if your DH doesn't feel done. Hopefully you guys will come to an agreement down the road on what is best for everyone.
November 13th, 2010, 08:50 PM
jillylicious's Avatar mom always liked you best
Hang in there. Maybe give Barrett some time to wrap his head around it all - give it 6 months and tackle the issue again. You've been honest with him right from the get go. He might still be on a The Baby High (cause, seriously - what parent HASN'T been up at 4am with a sobbing baby - or better yet, a puking toddler - and felt absolutely, 1000% confident that they will never ever have another child?)

It took me almost two years to wrap my head around considering a 2nd child after having Jack. You are totally not alone. Hang in there, don't stress about it, and just enjoy what is right now. You guys will make the right decision when the time comes.
November 13th, 2010, 08:52 PM
blessdmommy's Avatar Happy mama to 3!
Send a message via AIM to blessdmommy
I understand your feelings. I'm not sure if I could go through another surgery, but I enjoy (for the most part) being pregnant. Thankfully though, the ACOG issued new VBAC guidelines in July. Could you look at surrogacy?

Mama to 3, expecting #4 in December!
rate 6/5/2014: 164 rate 6/23/2014: 165 14w5d

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search