Oh my back! 1st L&D trip

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 13th, 2010, 06:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thursday I was having back pain that got worse and then I started cramping in the front. I debated back and forth on if I needed to get checked, but ultimately I didn't go in. So Friday I spent the day at my mother's house so she could help with the kids and I could rest. The back pain was still there and again, it got progressively worse. My Mom kept the kids for me overnight just in case. We visited a friend who had a baby yesterday, and while I was at the hospital I decided to call the OB to ask what to do. The on call OB said I needed to be checked since I am only 25 weeks. I told my DH that I was 98% sure it wasn't labor, but I was in quite a bit of pain and I know my Mom really wanted me to be safe. So while already up at the hospital, I got checked. It wasn't labor and is just back spasms. I'm glad it's not labor, but the pain really stinks! It's probably stemming from last week when I carried my 3 yr old (43 pounds) several times and then tweaked my back at the hospital with her. They are having me take ibuprofen for two days (max) to try to settle my back down. It makes me nervous to take it because they said it can lower the fluid level if you take it very long, and I had low fluid with Addy. Tylenol and heating pad weren't cutting it though. The nurse made a few comments about being surprised I still have my uterus after my last delivery and the whole why would you have another kid type of comments. It's a bit late now lady!
November 13th, 2010, 08:00 PM
blessdmommy's Avatar Happy mama to 3!
Send a message via AIM to blessdmommy
I hope it goes away soon. I had horrible back pain (both in pregnancy and labor) with Jack. So sorry sweetie.

Mama to 3, expecting #4 in December!

November 13th, 2010, 08:48 PM
jillylicious's Avatar mom always liked you best
Oh jeez, that sounds rough. Hope the ibuprofen works!!
November 15th, 2010, 02:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hope your back feels better soon. Glad that it's not anything preterm labor related, though.

[IMG]h ttp://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc187/kellybabe05/natural2.gif[/IMG]
November 16th, 2010, 02:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies! I rested all weekend and my back is feeling somewhat better now. I'm trying to be extra careful not to hurt it any worse, but it's hard when just standing can cause spasms. Ugh! It is a relief to know that the baby is okay and it wasn't preterm labor pains though.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search