Our test results are back....

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 17th, 2010, 04:44 PM
Joliving4Jesus's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Joliving4Jesus Send a message via Yahoo to Joliving4Jesus
Well ladies our testing results are back, my hsg was so very painful, I was shaking as they were inserting the dye through my tubes, luckily everything looked great and normal, no blockages, blood work is normal too.

I will say I am quite surprised by dh's SA...his last SA over 4 years ago was very grim and severly low with a count of 5.6 million....but we did conceive Jacob about 6 months later with that grim news. Well I was completely expecting the worst with this new SA and was delightfully surprised to find out dh's count is 55 million now...well over the normal count of 20 million! His motility is normal too at 58% motile, anything over 50% is normal, his morph was slightly low at 3% when they consider normal above 4%...but I am shocked...and a bit confused as to why we haven't gotten pregnant yet with these numbers. Not to mention dh had severe performance anixety with his SA last week, it was hard for him to do it and very uninspiring as he called it lol...so his counts are probably even way better then that while actually stimulated during actual bding.

We have our appointment this Friday with our OB to discuss the results and discuss IUI, at least I am relieved to know we'll be good candidates for IUI with those numbers, I was so worried he wouldn't even have enough for IUI. I am still praying for a last chance miracle this cycle because its our last cycle before potentially moving forward with IUI, please pray that if its our timing that we will get pregnant this cycle...hsg's are supposed to clear a path and help in conceiving so maybe that will be the little push we need. I am so beyond relieved that dh's results are nearly normal, I never thought I'd be saying that, they were so bad before...God is going to hear us and bless us, I just know it...and I can't wait

Last edited by Joliving4Jesus; November 18th, 2010 at 08:43 AM.
November 17th, 2010, 05:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I got chills reading your post. I am so happy things are looking up and I hope you get your bfp soon!

November 17th, 2010, 05:20 PM
horseradishmayo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
great news!!!!! i hope you get your BFP soon!!!

Check out my etsy shop!
Crunchy Couture
use code JMMOMMY for free shipping in the US
November 17th, 2010, 05:30 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
that's great news! i'm sorry it hasn't happened yet, but so happy that it should soon enough!
November 17th, 2010, 05:34 PM
~Devon~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ~Devon~
Praying you will get your bfp quickly Jo.
November 17th, 2010, 05:50 PM
LisaMarie!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hope you get your BFP soon... Good luck

<
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

November 17th, 2010, 07:33 PM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
That's really great news! I'm happy for you that you had no blockages because the HSG is even that much more painful when they are.

It really sounds like everything is where it needs to be for you go to get a BFP and perhaps it just has been the timing that's been a bit off. Given that all is "normal", do you think there is need for the IUI really? Hopefully you'll get a BFP this cycle and not have to think about it one way or the other. Good luck!

November 17th, 2010, 07:45 PM
spicymustard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hoping for some great news from you soon!

November 17th, 2010, 08:34 PM
IneedCoffee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good news!! Your time is coming... I just know it. Best of luck to you two!

My Blog
November 17th, 2010, 11:50 PM
Joliving4Jesus's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Joliving4Jesus Send a message via Yahoo to Joliving4Jesus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillian View Post
That's really great news! I'm happy for you that you had no blockages because the HSG is even that much more painful when they are.

It really sounds like everything is where it needs to be for you go to get a BFP and perhaps it just has been the timing that's been a bit off. Given that all is "normal", do you think there is need for the IUI really? Hopefully you'll get a BFP this cycle and not have to think about it one way or the other. Good luck!
Actually after further reading of our results, we are still low on a few things, but I am certainly not complaining because of the major improvement, the grade of dh's progressive motility is low, its a grade 2, grade 2.5 to 4 is normal, what this means is the direction his motile sperm are moving, they need to be moving forward, grade 4 is progressively moving forward, grade 3 is about half and half moving forward but slower, grade 2 is when they are moving but majority are not moving forward, they could be going sideways or what not, and level 1 are not moving at all, overall dh's are a level 2, but some still move forward, IUI can greatly increase our chances because of the low progressive motility and being that we have been trying over a year I still think its a good option for us, though I'd still love to avoid it if possible! Also, the grade can change from each ejaculate, so if he is more stimulated he may produce a better grade. He also has slightly thicker semen then he should, but it was considered "slight" and could be solved with an increase in water consumption and taking robitussin or mucinex a few days to thin it out around my ovulation.

Thank you everyone, I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders, I know his results are not perfect but in the eyes of someone who's dh had such severe infertility 4 years ago that doctors gave us a 1% chance of ever conceiving, though we did, and now hearing these numbers...its like music to my ears.

Heather, I think both of our times are approaching, I am praying for both of our bfp's very soon!

November 18th, 2010, 06:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
Oh man! This is some of the best news I've seen in this subforum in a while!

I am crossing all crossables this is your month!!

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
November 18th, 2010, 06:18 AM
*Cyndee*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to *Cyndee*
Really good news! Sounds like they just need a push in the right direction

November 21st, 2010, 07:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I hope it goes for this cycle for you and you get your BFP!!!!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search