c-section set

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 30th, 2010, 04:36 PM
DonovinsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So they set up my c-section date.

Was kind of hoping for a vbac but the Dr. doesn't feel comfortable with it. She says that if it was only because of the scar it wouldn't be an issue. But based on the scar, my height and my pelvis she just doesn't feel comfortable (however, if my body starts progressing properly she will re-consider everything)

So if Baby Jackson doesn't come on his own time he will arrive April 5th
December 31st, 2010, 05:53 AM
jillylicious's Avatar mom always liked you best
Oh wow, that doesn't seem far away at all!

I totally hear you on the VBAC vs c-section thing... the important thing is that your baby arrives safely and is snuggled into your arms. I hope all goes well!
December 31st, 2010, 11:38 AM
Definitely, I am happy with however he arrives It became very real when they called to tell me when I delivering! eeks. Can't believe how fast the time has gone.
January 1st, 2011, 12:42 AM
aprilmiracle's Avatar Single Mom to Birk
Oh wow, so exciting! April will be here in no time!

January 1st, 2011, 09:01 AM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
Very exciting. If you dont mind, why was Donovin a csection. Did you have trouble progressing with him, is that why she is worried about it again?

Im am so pro baby getting her safely, but i also like to point out that even "supportive vbac" doctors start to get antsy as the baby date gets closer. I had a supposed pro vbac doctor originally when i was preggo with Charlie, and around 28 weeks, i saw another doctor in our practice and i realized the difference, immediately. When is your csection date in relation to your due date?

Sorry to be debbie downer about it, i just know sometimes doctors can sound so convincing that your best interests are at heart, when really they dont want to do the nitty gritty work. its not to late to see another doctor and get another opinion if you really want a vbac- just sayin =)

I know my situation is different becuase I had no labor issues with Mackenzie, the only reason she was a csection, was becuase she was breech the first time. I know that every labor story is different though, but i just wanted to say do some research ( even if its on body types like yours on vbac boards, and on the internet in general) and see what those women did to make labor happen for them.

i cant believe how far along you are already though, omg, that is going by FAST!
January 1st, 2011, 11:35 AM
I had Donovin by c-section because my body showed no signs of progressing at 41 weeks and by that time he was over 8lbs. I had a quite a few bouts of contractions and was actually contracting the day I had my c-section but my body wasn't responding. The few doctors that I saw said my pelvis was just not doing what it was suppose to and allowing him to drop down into the canal.

I would love to see another Dr. and have the baby at another hospital but with my insurance I will only have to pay 250$ by having him at the hospital I work at. compared to having it at the other local hospital for around $3000ish.

My c-section day is 6 days before my due date. I wanted it a bit closer but that is when she said that my scar is her worry. They had to cut me twice with Donovin because he was stuck as a result of his size compared to mine -so she doesn't want that to happen again. Its hard for me to argue her on that just because I know how intense it was during his delivery.

So here is to hoping my body decides it would like to go into labor on its own and everything looks good!
January 1st, 2011, 01:45 PM
KellersMom517's Avatar Emily-Mom to Keller Henry
So exciting that you are getting close!! I can't believe you will be in the double digits club tomorrow

Isla 10/27/10 and Keller 4/26/08
January 2nd, 2011, 09:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Getting that c/s date made it feel so real to me too. Yay! I hope it works out for you to have a VBAC though. I know I'd love one, but my dr won't let me try for safety reasons. It's a bummer, but I know I need to be cautious. If you do end up with a c/s, I hope they have an easier time getting the baby out!
January 2nd, 2011, 10:56 AM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
Well good luck, i know you are a tiny lady, so i hope things go in your favor!!!

I know my body took its sweet time to do anything, i start progressing at 36 weeks, with both....but never went into labor on my own at all. it was a bummer to be induced, but that was all my body needed.

Good luck and i hope things do what they need to do for you!!!
January 2nd, 2011, 04:24 PM
Nicandab's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was heartbroken to have a c-section with wyatt - until I realized that the important part is getting my happy healthy baby.

GL! Can't believe it is so close!

January 4th, 2011, 10:46 AM
Bermuda Girl's Avatar Andrea Jack & Olive's mom
Yay - so exciting!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search