1st month of clomid a bust

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 31st, 2010, 08:08 AM
Joliving4Jesus's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Joliving4Jesus Send a message via Yahoo to Joliving4Jesus
Well my first month of clomid was a bust but I was expecting it because first of all I ovulated 2 days early, wasn't expecting that, as well as coming down with a horrible stomach virus right on and around ovulation time so our bd schedule was way off not to mention I couldn't enjoy the bding at all because I was so sick to my stomach. So while my plans were to try IUI in January if the first round of clomid alone didn't work, plans have changed, I am going to give clomid alone one more shot since the circumstances for the first try were bad, if it doesn't work this next cycle, we will be moving forward with IUI in February but I will admit I am terrified of forking over the $$ and having it fail, I don't know how I'll be able to handle that, especially knowing how many other things that $400 can go for around our house that would be well spent. I am a bit down and out today, one of my best friends announced her pregnancy at dinner last night and while she and her husband are the sweetest, most well deserved people to be becoming parents, it still hurt because we've been trying so long, I just want to be happy for my loved ones pregnant around me but its so hard

Last edited by Joliving4Jesus; December 31st, 2010 at 08:11 AM.
December 31st, 2010, 09:18 AM
*~~Shannon~~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
*HUGS* I'm so sorry Jo. I really hope you get the beautiful BFP soon.

December 31st, 2010, 11:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
I'm so sorry to hear this.. Of course it's hard to watch others get that much desired BFP. I hope better circumstances and clomid one more time is all you need. Here's to 2011 bringing you a sweet little baby.

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
January 1st, 2011, 09:59 AM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
It is hard watching other get pregnant and then have there babies ((HUGS))

I hope this next round of clomid does the trick and you get that BFP
Karrara 9 1/2 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 07/1/06, Kayda 6 1/2 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 10mo 10/10/13

January 2nd, 2011, 12:09 PM
Nekinna2402's Avatar Anniken <3 Tanja
Send a message via MSN to Nekinna2402
I'm sorry Jo! I hope this month does the trick for you *hugs*

January 4th, 2011, 06:22 AM
*Cyndee*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to *Cyndee*
It is hard to set aside your own feelings and be purely happy for pregnant friends, but I'm sure they understand.

I'm sorry this month was a bust. I agree you should give it one more month and see how it goes being healthy and with better timing. Wish you all the luck in the world!

January 4th, 2011, 01:19 PM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
I'm sorry it didn't work out. I know how tough it is to see others around you get pregnant and what seems like so easily for them. I also noticed all the years I battled infertility and pregnancy loss that it seemed every freaking woman I saw was pregnant. It's tough, but you're strong and this will only make you stronger.

I think you've definitely made the right call by giving the clomid another cycle given the circumstances of the first attempt. Are you having any cycle monitoring done?

Good luck! I hope this round is it for you.

January 14th, 2011, 08:46 AM
Joliving4Jesus's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Joliving4Jesus Send a message via Yahoo to Joliving4Jesus
No cycle monitoring unless I am in unusual pain which I haven't been...multiples are not a concern for me, epsecially since most don't create more then 1-3 eggs on clomid, especially on the low does of 50mg like I am on and the chances of more then one becoming fertilized with us is slim...monitoring would be completely out of pocket which we can't afford, I just ovulated again and think our bding timing was off once again, but ah well, what can ya do, we'll have to see.

January 17th, 2011, 05:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
I hope you nailed it, I remember reading that boys usually are concieved 0-36 or 48 hrs before ovulating, and from 36 or 48 to 5 days before ovulating, as it takes the sperm that long to reach the egg (with Collin I was trying for a girl lol)

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search