Anyone starting a weight loss program?

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 2nd, 2011, 05:44 PM
Mama Theo's Avatar Supermom Extrordinare
I am!

I'm starting the year on the hCG diet. After that, I'm moving on to a new (well, renewed) workout routine. I started the hCG diet yesterday and I'm excited to see how I do. It's pretty intense, but it's only for 3 weeks and the results are supposed to be pretty huge (approximately 1 lb/day) Hopefully it's the jumpstart I need to build momentum this year. Wish me luck!
January 3rd, 2011, 06:07 AM
MommyToCooper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Not starting a diet necessarily but am starting to refocus on my health (and losing the 10 lbs I gained, ugh!)

I am doing a cleanse starting on Friday and can't wait!
January 3rd, 2011, 04:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I hope to start working out in a few weeks.
January 3rd, 2011, 06:15 PM
jillylicious's Avatar mom always liked you best
Good luck, girls! I'm going to be killing myself in another couple of months here as soon as this babe's on the outside and I'm all healed up - can't WAIT!
January 4th, 2011, 05:50 PM
Good luck everyone! Meagan, I almost always kick start my weight loss efforts with a cleanse. It always makes me feel so much better afterwards, plus the drop in weight is motivating!
January 12th, 2011, 09:06 AM
TallyGirl22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Kim -what is the HCG program?

Meagan - what cleanse are you doing?

I have a friend that goes to a weight loss clinic, its where she used to work & she has put me in touch with the owner/doctor there and he is offering to see me for a free consult. And if I join his program at a discounted rate that my friend gets. I am waiting to hear back when I can be seen now! Super excited but nervous to face the truth of getting weighed in, measured etc... we'll see!

Happy 5th Birthday to my princess Elizabeth!

[/CENTER]
January 12th, 2011, 09:21 AM
MommyToCooper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm doing a cleanse with Isagenix products. It's an 11 day cleanse. I'm on day 5 and down a few pounds, feeling good so far. Hopefully by next Monday I'll be down much more.

I'm feeling motivated (hopefully it will last) and have been using the treadmill again and want to get back into running like I was last winter/spring.
January 12th, 2011, 09:45 AM
Awesome Meagan. I've never done a cleanse. I'll look it up!

[/CENTER]
January 12th, 2011, 04:10 PM
I've come to terms with the fact that hCG is a fad diet, but I'm ok with it. Basically, you take hCG hormones (the same ones you have going crazy when you're pregnant) and combine it with a very low calorie diet. The function of hCG is to constantly have food in your blood for the baby, so that it's not getting a huge influx of nutrition during meals and nothing in between. It also ensures that a preggo mom with severe morning sickness is still growing a healthy baby by converting fat stores into usable nutrition. Same principle applies to weight loss, except you're just burning fat and not feeding a baby

What I do is take an injection of hCG first thing in the morning, and then eat 500 calories for the rest of the day. While this sounds extreme, if you follow the diet to the letter, you actually don't end up feeling very hungry because your body has enough fuel to keep you going. Plus I'm eating all whole foods, and it ends up being a decent sized meal.

So far I'm down 14.5 lbs as of this morning. I know I just jinxed myself by typing that, and I'll be up tomorrow, but still, not too bad for 11 days of dieting. I'm about 1/2 way through at this point, and then I go into the maintenance period which is no carbs/no sugar for 3 weeks and then I'm done.

I'm not concerned about putting it all back on right away because I have full intentions of starting a workout routine as soon as I'm finished. I lost 20 lbs working out last year and felt great, but I put it back on while dealing with some emotional issues, so the plan is to get me back where I was and work my way from there.

If you're interested in reading up on it, I've got a .pdf file of the program and the book that goes along with it. I'd be happy to email it to you.
January 13th, 2011, 08:16 AM
Kim: Sure, send it to me. Sounds interesting as I've never heard about anything like it. My email is: Bonnie@floridalegal.org.

Thanks!

Wow, 500 calories for a day, I'd starve!! I've been maintaining about 1000 per day right now and I still feel hungry at times so I've added up to 200 or more back in - nuts and things like that. I'll see what the weight loss clinic tells me next week! I'm sooo nervous going in!!

[/CENTER]
January 13th, 2011, 03:28 PM
I was really worried about the low cal thing too. I've never done well with restricting calories, but I'm amazed at how suppressed my appetite has been. I'm sending the email now.
January 14th, 2011, 06:07 AM
KellersMom517's Avatar Emily-Mom to Keller Henry
Oh Meagan - I did the Isagenix 30-day plan a while back and lost about 20 lbs. Of course Ive gained it all back thanks to a pregnancy and PPD (last time, not this time). I still have one jar of the shake, so I am starting to just supplement one meal with the shakes while I still have it. Good luck!

Isla 10/27/10 and Keller 4/26/08
January 16th, 2011, 12:04 PM
Day 16 and I've lost 15 lbs!!! I've also lost over 3" from my bust, belly, hips and butt! I'm over the moon with the results. I've got about 6 lbs to go before I'm at my ideal weight and only 1 lb until I hit my goal. I've got a week left and I'm on to the maintenance period, which means low carbs/sugar, but otherwise unrestricted. I also get started on my workout routine. I think I'm going to start a 12 week bootcamp DVD. Yay me!
January 18th, 2011, 08:06 AM
Wow Kim. That is awesome.

I have a fb friend doing the HCG drops, ever heard of that?

[/CENTER]
January 18th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Bonnie- It's basically the same stuff, but you put the drops under your tongue instead of doing injections. From the research I did, the injections are supposed to be more potent, so I went that route, but both are very effective.
January 18th, 2011, 02:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm not really starting anything new, just continuing what I've been trying to do for the past oh.... two and a half years!! I've been exercising 3x a week for 30 min. on my elliptical trainer and trying not to eat after supper. I don't know what it is about the 4th baby but I have never had such a hard time losing. I only have 10-15 lbs to go but it just doesn't want to go. And I have tried a lot of different things. But at least if I am exercising and eating less, I can pretend like it's not my fault.
January 19th, 2011, 01:36 PM
Erin - you're doing great!!!

[/CENTER]
January 19th, 2011, 03:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks Bonnie. It doesn't often feel so great when you don't actually lose anything!
January 20th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Erin: maintaining it tho is the hardest part (IMO) and the fact you've stayed and at least not gaining deserves a pat on the back. That's the hardest part for me. I'm terrified of maintenance mode!

[/CENTER]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search