The itching begins again!

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 16th, 2011, 10:46 PM
*~~Shannon~~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With Liam, I had that awful PUPPPs rash. In the last couple of weeks, I've developed an intense itching in my legs and a little bit on my arms as well. It's not the same as the PUPPPs, but it still sucks! It looks like I have little bug bites all over my thighs. Ugh! I'm going to talk to my OB at my appt tomorrow. I'm hoping he's got some good suggestions for me. I don't want to be miserable for the next seven weeks and end up too exhausted to work for the delivery I want.

January 16th, 2011, 10:49 PM
horseradishmayo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
ugh, that sucks!! i had that last time but it didn't last too long. i have been lucky enough not to experience it this time around. i don't remember if i took any meds for it or anything.

Check out my etsy shop!
Crunchy Couture
use code JMMOMMY for free shipping in the US
January 16th, 2011, 11:06 PM
Last time, I talked to my OB (who I am no longer with) for a solid month before he finally decided to give me steroids. He never offered to prescribe anything topical even after I told him that I'd tried everything OTC I could find. I'm hoping to keep this under control rather than waiting for it to get insane.

January 16th, 2011, 11:16 PM
have you tried oatmeal baths or anything like that yet? or adding some baking soda to a bath?
i hope your new OB has some solutions for you!

Check out my etsy shop!
Crunchy Couture
January 16th, 2011, 11:21 PM
The terrible thing is, I can't take a bath! My bathroom only has a shower. The other bathroom shares a wall with Liam's room. The plumbing is so loud it wakes him up every time I try. I've given up on baths. Even if I wait until midnight, he's climbing out of bed to try and hop in the bath with me.

January 16th, 2011, 11:26 PM
boo! that sucks. but at least you have a bath tub in your house. we only have a shower.
it wasn't a big deal to me when we started renting this place because i didn't know i was pregnant yet....and i never really takes baths, and Sarah usually just showers with me. of course the only time i really even want to take a bath is while pregnant or postpartum.

Check out my etsy shop!
Crunchy Couture
January 16th, 2011, 11:27 PM
The thing that really drives me nuts is that the shower in the master is the same size as a bathtub, but some genius decided that a shower only was better. If we owned the house, I would totally pull that out and put in another shower/tub!

January 16th, 2011, 11:35 PM
yeah, why would you not put a bathtub in the master bathroom?? makes no sense to me either!

Check out my etsy shop!
Crunchy Couture
January 17th, 2011, 11:23 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
Bummer! I hope it's just a temporary thing, and not heading for the PUPPS again.

January 17th, 2011, 01:30 PM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
Yikes, I really hope it's not PUPPPS again. That was by far one of the worst experiences I've had - freaks me out just thinking about it. I do seem to recall somewhere in my reading back then that it's very unlikely that you'd get PUPPPS in subsequent pregnancies. And given that it's your legs and arms and not torso, changes are it's not that. Still sucks though if it's really itching you badly. I was going to recommend the baking soda bath too, but I guess that's out. Hopefully some OTC creams will help you out a bit. Hope it clears fast!

January 18th, 2011, 09:24 AM
When I talked to my OB about the itching, he said that it's most likely a mild version of PUPPPs. Good news though is that he said subsequent cases are rarely as bad as the first time.

As far as treatment, he's open to me using any OTC topical stuff that helps. And to get some sleep, he said to take either a Tylenol PM or a couple Benadryl about an hour before bed. If it gets worse, I can just call in and get an RX for stronger topical creams, but it's not his first choice (or mine).

It's nice to actually have a doctor hear my concern and not just blow me off. My last OB pretty much ignored my concerns until I was in tears from exhaustion. He didn't even so much as say "If I were you, I'd do XYZ. If that doesn't work, we can look into some other options." I really hope it doesn't get that bad this time!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search