You have GOT to be kidding me (x-posted) ** UPDATED

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 19th, 2011, 10:22 AM
jillylicious's Avatar mom always liked you best
I am NOT impressed.

So as you may recall Jack was born at 34w5d and weighed only 3lbs because he was the size of a 30 weeker. I had PIH which resulted in placental insufficiency and in turn caused Jack to stop growing around 29-30 weeks = severe IUGR. He spent 17 days in the NICU with no complications. I was advised that I had only a 30% chance of it happening again so we decided to take the chance and have another baby.

Guess who measured 2 weeks behind today?

The first time he measured me I showed 34wks, the second time 35wks. He said that given my history, we're a little twitchy about that.

I'm going for an ultrasound - should have my appt time later on today - to check fluid levels and confirm that this little girl is doing okay in there. They're hoping to keep pushing me but odds are that I'll deliver before my scheduled c-section on Feb 9th, in 3 weeks.

COME ON. My uterus HATES me. I suck at being pregnant, apparently.

I'm trying not to freak out, since I have been through this before with a baby of a younger gestational age than 36 weeks and he was fine. Rationally, yes, if they had to take her today, she'd probably do just fine. If I can squeeze through to next week, it's even more probable that she'd do fine.

But everything was going so WELL up to this point! *pout* I mean, COME ON! Can't I have a nice normal full term pregnancy?! I'm stamping my feet and worrying about my baby. (Hey, this feels familiar... )

Anyway, if you girls can send me chubby baby vibes along with some full term ones, I'd appreciate it.

And I tell ya, the minute this kid's on the outside, we're booking DH's vasectomy, and I'm never going to have another baby. I can't handle this - I SUCK at growing babies. Argh.

Update as of 1pm MST:

Had one of the longest ultrasounds of my LIFE. The radiologist wanted a kajillion measurements including a blood flow Doppler of the cord. Baby was sort of cooperative; she had been very quiet this morning which in turn freaked me out. (I actually had a hand cramp from gripping DH's hand so hard.)

She moved, although there were a couple times when we had to try to get her rolling around. Heart was fine, around 144 - when she woke up it bumped to about 150. I could see her breathing and the tech said she saw her peeing, too. All her body parts looked okay - nothing was said to me, anyway.

We had to wait there for 15 minutes while the tech conferred with the radiologist, who then sent her back in for more measurements. Not surprisingly my brain was clicking along like a freakin' freight train and now all I can think is "OMG just get her out get her out get her out get her out."

They sent me home saying the radiologist is going to go over the measurements and s/he will have the final say on our plan. I had a loose poop this morning and am in turn PRAYING that my water breaks over the weekend and she can just grow on the outside where I can SEE her and know that she's okay.

It's going to be a LONG four day wait until my next appointment.

I went in to my clinic and asked to see a doc because I was having complications and needed some reassurance. The nurse, who apparently is a hosebeast of the highest order, told me that at 36 weeks I should just go to triage. I'm willing to bet that my anxiety gets the best of me and I'm in for an NST at some point before my next appt. I'm going to be hypervigilant and if I don't feel her move enough to reassure me I'm going in.

Oh, and she's still a girl. Guess that's all I have to update with. I wish it was better news and more reassurance and less uncertainty, but apparently I like to finish off my pregnancies with a few weeks of stress and tears (have already cried once and it's been 2 hours since the appt. Fun.)

Last edited by jillylicious; January 21st, 2011 at 12:22 PM.
January 19th, 2011, 10:34 AM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
Jilly, im sorry your going through this. But please keep in mind *your* belly size doesnt have as much to do with how your baby is doing, all the time at least.

I measured behind with Charlie and Mackenzie and i had 2 very healthy, LARGE babies. Mac was 8lbs 1oz and Charlie was a whopping 9lbs 4oz. And both were between 20-22inches.

I have a long torso and my babies had more growing room i guess.

Dont panic yet, and you dont suck at being pregnant. Ruby will be ok, and if anything your doctors caught this early and know what to do from your past experience.

Hugs.
January 19th, 2011, 10:41 AM
Ali15's Avatar LovingMy3Miracles
Hugs, Jilly!

I agree, you don't suck at growing babies! I am sorry you're dealing with this again, but I'm glad that your doc is on top of it. Take it easy, and I'm sending you plump baby and full term vibes!
January 19th, 2011, 10:44 AM
Thanks Shannon. I'm going to remind myself of your two chubbers. This is just... all too familiar, and hitting close to home.
January 19th, 2011, 10:50 AM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
Have you been measuring behind up to this point? What about with Jack, were you already measuring behind before this point?

Ruby could be getting ready for a growth spurt this week,and it just hasnt happened yet, same with your tummy. Our bodies dont always go exactly according to the doctors measurements, it doesnt make it wrong or bad.

Just stay positive, stressing will only make things worse all around. I know being pregnant and not knowing is so super scary. Everything will be ok though.
January 19th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Aww, hun. I hope Shannon's right and that you just have a little belly. You so deserve to have a chubby lil baby and a relaxed remainder of your pregnancy.

Keeping all of my crossables crossed for ya. KUP!

[IMG]h ttp://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc187/kellybabe05/natural2.gif[/IMG]
January 19th, 2011, 11:21 AM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awww Jill, I'm so sorry you're experiencing this again. I hope it's really nothing to worry about, and that Miss Ruby is the chubbiest baby ever.

BIG HUGS to you.

January 19th, 2011, 12:15 PM
worried27
I think everything will be okay, especially since with Jack your abdomen was soooo tiny. Your abdomen has FINALLY popped with Ruby which means she IS growing, because with Jack it was pretty flat. Girls always tend to be a tad bit smaller than boys anyways. AJ was born weighing 7lbs 8oz and 19.5inches, my stomach was huge with him. Avery was 7lbs and 5oz and 19inches even, my stomach though looked so much smaller.
January 19th, 2011, 12:16 PM
happyhme44's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
ahhh now I get it! I was all worried that your status was about his parents. lol I agree this could be nothing! Regardless I am going to pray like crazy that everything is perfectly okay.

~Thank you Claire for my beautiful siggy!~

January 19th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dream2bemommy22 View Post
Have you been measuring behind up to this point? What about with Jack, were you already measuring behind before this point?

Ruby could be getting ready for a growth spurt this week,and it just hasnt happened yet, same with your tummy. Our bodies dont always go exactly according to the doctors measurements, it doesnt make it wrong or bad.

Just stay positive, stressing will only make things worse all around. I know being pregnant and not knowing is so super scary. Everything will be ok though.
I have been pretty on target this time, although they haven't told me every time. I'm generally either the right size, or a week behind. I have had one week where I was a week ahead.

What's tripping me out is that the doctor who found this today is the same one who found it with Jack. So bizarre - in this practice there's something like 12 of them, what are the odds that it would be McDreamy again!?

Anyways, with Jack I started measuring small at 30wks - at that appt I only measured 28wks. He never really got much bigger than that, I think I MIGHT have been 30 or 31cm when I delivered at 34w5d. So, this baby has been growing and developing WAY longer than Jack was. And Jack was fine.

I have been ravenous the past few days and my weight gain has slowed right down, so maybe you are right about the growth spurt. I've already called the ultrasound department to find out if they have a time for me, and they don't - and it's only been 3 hours since my appt, so I don't want to keep pestering them (even though I probably will, argh.)

UGH. Now I just want to make it to next week, she'll be 37wks even, and I can get to growing my baby on the outside. I'm MUCH better at that than growing them on the inside, lol.
January 19th, 2011, 02:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Don't worry too much, Jill. Like others have said, the outer measurements sometimes don't make a ton of sense. Like, with Reid, I measured 39 cm at the end and he was nearly 10 lbs. So just because your measurements are a bit behind, doesn't mean your baby is.

Hope all is well and try not to worry too much!
January 19th, 2011, 04:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
So, when do you have your ultrasound?

[IMG]h ttp://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc187/kellybabe05/natural2.gif[/IMG]
January 19th, 2011, 08:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
With my first, I started measuring behind toward the end of my pg. I freaked out since it took us so long to conceive her; so they ordered an u/s to comfort me. Turned out it was just positional. She wasn't huge at birth at 40wk 5d, but was 7 lb 14 oz and healthy. I can totally understand with your history how you'd be extra nervous. I'll say some extra prayers that all is well with Ruby and that your u/s will help calm your fears! Big hugs mama! Oh and don't beat yourself up...you'd "suck" if you were drinking, smoking and doing drugs and had a baby that wasn't thriving. Hang in there!
January 20th, 2011, 05:47 AM
KellersMom517's Avatar Emily-Mom to Keller Henry
I'm sorry you are going through this stress again, but Ruby is going to be fine! You have done such a good job taking care of her already. And look at your siggy - don't you ever say you suck at growing babies again, you make PERFECT babies.

Isla 10/27/10 and Keller 4/26/08
January 20th, 2011, 06:01 AM
IBake2Boys+1Girl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to IBake2Boys+1Girl Send a message via MSN to IBake2Boys+1Girl Send a message via Yahoo to IBake2Boys+1Girl Send a message via Skype™ to IBake2Boys+1Girl
Jilly, you do NOT suck at growing babies. I think your babies just get tired of waiting to meet their awesome mommy and give the doc's a reason to bring them out early <3 Good luck hun!! I'm prayin for you guys!

Marie {mom to}
Ethan (7), Patrick (4), Emma (2)
Happily Married to Nathan (4.28.07)
January 20th, 2011, 03:53 PM
DonovinsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just checking in Jill! Did you have your U/S?
January 21st, 2011, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlimama05 View Post
So, when do you have your ultrasound?
Today at 11:30am MST. (Two and a half hours to go. Not that I'm counting, or anything.)

At least I'll get another peek at the goods and confirm that it's a girl - because that room is insanely pink.
January 21st, 2011, 09:16 AM
haha Jill I think I asked them what I was having at every ultrasound. At the end I was getting them daily. (they thought I was insane I am sure)

January 21st, 2011, 12:24 PM
Updated.
January 21st, 2011, 01:54 PM
Oh hell Jilly I remember how this feels. I recall telling them to just get her out at 35 weeks and they told me to calm down. They acted like I was a weirdo for wanting her out, but HELLO at least I would know she was growing and safe. *sigh* I am praying for you like crazy. I see nothing wrong with being paranoid about movement. I know I was.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search