We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to email@example.com.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
I had one great big move when I was 11 from Ohio to Alabama.
But before that we moved when I was 3 to a different city in Ohio.
Then the move when I was 11 to Alabama.
After we moved here, we rented then moved into the house my parents have now
then i moved in with a friend in college
then moved back home
then moved in with Michael
and we just moved into our new house
Then, I moved on my own, and I moved four times in the same apartment complex. First time, alone, second time with an ex-boyfriend, third time, after he and I broke up, alone, and the fourth time, I was afraid someone would break in, so I moved again. Then, I moved to another apartment closer to my family in the city. Oh, and all this was within a period of almost 5 years.
I lived in my last apartment for 8 months, and moved into my current house that I own, in 2005. Yay for staying put five years!
I hate moving, so thankfully I haven't moved many times. Let's see:
1. I moved down to AZ to live in the dorm
2. I moved out of the dorm, into a my in laws 2nd home with DH (boyfriend at the time)
3. I moved from that house to our first house
4. I moved into my current house
From Virginia to San Diego, CA
then to Kingsville, Tx
then to Miramar, CA
then to Spring Valley, CA
then to El Cajon, CA
then to Hacienda Heights, CA
then to El Cajon, CA
then to La Mesa, CA
then to El Cajon, CA
then to Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
then to Alice, Tx
then to Pauls Valley, OK
then to Cobourg, Ontario, Canada
finally to our new house in Cobourg
18 times so far... nothing I detest more than moving. When living with my parents, we never moved - my mom still lives in the house I grew up in. My first move was when I was 19, and my sister and I could no longer get along. Most of my moves were within Milwaukee County in WI... twice, we moved out of state - once for less than 3 mos. Here's what I can recall... and NO, I'm not in a military family:
1) My first apt. was a basement apt. that I rented from a cousin.
2) Moved upstairs into a bigger place in the same building - with my ex-husband, right after we got married.
3) Ex and I moved in with my ex's friends.
4) Moved into a duplex, cuz we hated living with those friends
5) Moved to Waukesha, WI - is where I worked.
6) Moved in with a friend of mine, while separated from my ex... until divorce was finalized.
7) Moved back into my cousin's 4-family... shortly after, Ken moved in with me.
8) Moved to Oak Creek, WI to an apt. complex with a pool.
9) Tried to move to TN about 3 mos after Ken and I were married - moved DH there (was supposed to be until he was making enough money to support me), then I planned to move there too.
10) I moved in with my mom, while waiting for Ken to get work.
11) Moved Ken back from TN, and into my mom's house, while we looked for a place, as Ken could not find decent work out there at the time.
12) Moved to Hartford, WI, into a duplex as I was working there at the time.
13) Moved to a house in Hartford, cuz we kept getting horrible neighbors in the duplex who loved to smoke pot (which kept wafting up through the floor boards) and I was preggo with Kaylee.
14) Moved to a smaller house, still in Hartford, cuz I cut my hours after Kaylee was born, and we couldn't afford the big place we were in.
15) Moved back to Milwaukee area, cuz Ken hated the commute and he worked more than I did... and I was preggo with Sadie. Moved into another duplex.
16) Moved across town, cuz once again, had horrible downstairs neighbors - more pot smokers and alcoholics.
17) Moved to MD, cuz we were crazy (and for Ken's job)... 2 wks after Joleen was born
18) Moved back to WI (when Jo was 11 mos old), into the house we are in now.
We are renting so I know this will not be our final home.... I dread the next move and any moves after that. I really hope that the next move is into a home that we buy, which will force us to put down some roots... I hate the 'freedom' to move whenever it is wanted/needed.
Ritter ~ Born March 14th ~ 7 lbs 10 oz
Last edited by The Carok; January 24th, 2011 at 11:16 AM.