Weird Wednesday....

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 2nd, 2011, 06:51 AM
TannersMommy's Avatar TansTinkleMommy
Find a weird fact, picture, story, or anything you want that is out of the ordinary and post it here!

February 2nd, 2011, 08:11 AM
mommy2tns's Avatar real & spectacular.
Send a message via MSN to mommy2tns
okay...so this is about me personally and the topic of this came up last week when I was at the hotel.

I can't find an actual phobia name for this, but I have a true phobia of bathtubs and showers.

I have a very hard time ever bathing or showering in someone else's tub and even when I first move into a new place I stand on a towel or bathmat for a year before I even dare to stand barefoot in a tub.

I had two baths in our brand new tub from last year and now I can't do anymore. If I want a bath I have to bleach it out and scrub it down and then sit on a towel.

I don't like to swim in pools or go in hot tubs. if I am in a hot tub I usually sit on my legs and have it so that only my toes are touching the bottom.

The very thought of using someone else's tub, no matter how clean, literally causes a physical reaction in me - I sweat, my feet start to itch, I get nauseous and start to hypervenilate if it goes on for awhile. Going on vacation takes me a lot of mental prepping.

The weird thing about this whole situation is that I love to swim in lakes and rivers and as long as I have water shoes or flip flops I have no issue with going in. And I will go in pools but I only walk on my tiptoes.

More often I will shower at someone else's house as long as the shower is clean, but hotels are another things.

Thank you so much *Kiliki* for another amazing siggy!
February 2nd, 2011, 08:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Liza,that is kinda wierd that you will swim in a lake that you can see whats swimming around you....lol

February 2nd, 2011, 08:20 AM
I actually know how this whole thing started - when I was 8 my dad and stepmom moved into my stepmom's parents' house and their bathroom was a WRECK. The tub was peeling paint and plaster and the bottom was stained with rust and iron build up and soap scum and everythign else you could imagine. I remember being like 9 or 10 and still crying and crying when they'd make me take a bath. The tub was just NASTY like beyond any kind of nast I could ever think of. When I was 11 they finally did an entire bathroom makeover and everythign was replaced and even moved around to a new spot and it was such a relief for me to be able to bathe and shower in comfort.

why do i keep spellling everything wrong LOL. just a rnadom thing i noticed. I type to fast for my fingers.

February 2nd, 2011, 09:19 AM
TannersMommy's Avatar TansTinkleMommy
That is weird Liza!!!

I found these, not sure if all of them are true or not, but if they are they are interesting...

I want to try this: Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you from crying!

Porcupines float in water!

The longest word in the English language, according to the Oxford English Dictionary, is pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis

Cranberries are sorted for ripeness by bouncing them; a fully ripened cranberry can be dribbled like a basketball.

February 2nd, 2011, 09:21 AM
hm so it's not antidisestablishmentarianism. HMMMM. i've been lied to all these years!

February 2nd, 2011, 11:26 AM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
Wow buddy that's craziness!! But I would be the same way if I had to bathe in a nasty tub.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TannersMommy View Post
That is weird Liza!!!

I found these, not sure if all of them are true or not, but if they are they are interesting...

I want to try this: Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you from crying!
Really ive never heard that. but I have heard if you soak the onion in water you wont cry. havent tried it....

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
February 2nd, 2011, 12:33 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
Not really odd but fakkin hilarious to me...

Im still looking for more, but I'm getting sidetracked on fb lmao

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!

Last edited by The Lesha; February 2nd, 2011 at 12:35 PM.
February 2nd, 2011, 01:35 PM
LMAO that sign.

also, put your onions in the fridge or freezer before you cut them will help too.

Tags
wednesday

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search