Back from OB (x-posted)

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 7th, 2011, 04:16 PM
*~~Shannon~~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just got home from the OB. We talked about all the little changes I've noticed in the last couple of days, ie increased bowel movements, crampiness, stronger BH, increased watery discharge, etc, and the fact that I lost a pound this week. He said he'd bet Deuce will be here in 1-2 weeks! What's extra crazy is that I've had the date 2/17 in my head for months and that's 1.5 weeks away!

He said all the indications that my body wants to go into labor on it's own is a great sign that the VBAC will go well (rather than trying to "convince" my body to do it with even natural induction methods). We also discussed Deuce's size (since DS was pretty big, they've been watching this guy's size closely) and said that they're very happy with how he looks and the rate he's growing.

In other news, Deuce's head is tucked way down, HR is 142, GBS is negative and they're guessing even if I make it to 40 weeks, he'll still be under 9lbs (which would be great!).

February 7th, 2011, 05:13 PM
noworries
Yay! Sounds like a great appt.
February 7th, 2011, 05:58 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
Yay! Not to be a downer but I had all those symptoms and Sam came at 41 weeks. So I personally wouldn't think much of his estimate. I hope he comes sooner than later for you though. I'm excited for you.
February 7th, 2011, 06:47 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Great appointment!
February 7th, 2011, 07:47 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
Awesome! I'll counter Kristen's downer and let you know I had all of that stuff for almost a full week and Kolbie came at 38w6d. Just to say that no one really knows!!
February 7th, 2011, 08:02 PM
spicymustard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sweet. It's almost go time. I've just had increased discharge. That's about it. Oh and my feet have been hurting a lot more than normal.

February 7th, 2011, 08:49 PM
*~~Shannon~~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh, I know it certainly will be at least a little while yet, it's just that it hadn't really hit me that he could be here that soon. KWIM? I've had March in my head for so long that it still seems far away.

I did just lose a chunk of my mucus plug which I don't think ever happened with Liam. I know it can regenerate, but it's nice to know my body is doing what it's supposed to. My last OB started stripping my membranes at 36 weeks. I was only a fingertip at the time. The thought of losing part of my plug with no cervical exam, stripping, etc gives me a little confidence that my body does know what's going on.

February 8th, 2011, 05:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
That's great Shannon! I'm so happy for you, Deuce is coming soon! I know from experience how exciting it is to realize that your body is starting to do what it's supposed to when going for a VBAC. I wish you the best!!!
Kyron, Porter, Donovan, Jocelyn, & expecting #5

February 8th, 2011, 05:54 AM
*Cyndee*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to *Cyndee*
My water broke a few hours after I lost my plug. I bet it will be sooner than later! Time to get those baby bets in. Good luck!

February 8th, 2011, 07:47 AM
*~*SnowHibiscus*~*'s Avatar I ♥ my girls!
Hayden refused to come until I scheduled a csection. Little heffer.

And I VBACed an 8 pounder. Not that that's huge by any means but doable. It did take me 2 hours to push her big head out though. But that was only because my contractions decided to slow down to 4 minutes apart during the pushing stage. She was just determined to take her sweet sweet time.

And I'd bet on sooner than later too. WOOO HOOO!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search