back... with a vengeance

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 2nd, 2011, 10:46 AM
jillylicious's Avatar mom always liked you best
Mommies... I'm ba-a-a-a-a-ack...

Time to get back on the wagon. I've been dieting since I got home from the hospital - nice that this time I don't have to worry about balancing my calories without affecting milk supply. Unfortunately I'm not burning that extra 500cals a day! Boo!

My weight loss this time seems slower than it was with Jack, which STINKS. I was only about 9lbs lighter when I got home from the hospital and now at 3wks pp I'm down a total of 18lbs.

I'm food journaling, keeping calories between 1200 and 1500 per day, and I broke up with bread, cheese, mayo, and pretty much everything that is good. Now a treat is fat free yogurt with a tbsp of low fat granola.

As soon as I hit 6wks pp I'll be doing workout DVDs at home, and whenever the weather smartens up (winter is clinging here like a freakin' barnacle on the Titanic) I'll go out for my big 2hr walks.

My goal is to be down to 125lbs by my 30th birthday in August. DH and I are going to Vegas for the weekend and I want to pah-tay in a bikini the whole time.

I can't wait to start working out again!!
March 2nd, 2011, 04:01 PM
KellersMom517's Avatar Emily-Mom to Keller Henry
Can you tell me what you eat because my weight loss is sucking. Lots. And my treadmill is broken which makes me mad!! Way to go!

Isla 10/27/10 and Keller 4/26/08
March 3rd, 2011, 01:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Good for you Jill! I'm sure you'll do great and you probably don't have much to lose either. Try not to compare with what happened last time you lost the weight. It just isn't worth it (I did that with all my pregnancies unfortunately and it just ended up making me feel worse about what I WASN'T accomplishing, rather than focusing on what I WAS!). Hope it all works out for you!
March 4th, 2011, 06:59 AM
jillylicious's Avatar mom always liked you best
Thanks girls. Erin, you're totally right - I'm bummed this AM because I haven't had a loss in a few days. I keep expecting this pregnancy to be like Jack's, which is ridiculous, because in virtually EVERY possible way, it hasn't been!!! Including the postpartum! Funny how our brains will torture us.

Anyways, Em, the stuff that's keeping me going is foods like:

Yoplait Source or fat free yogurt. 1 cup = 35 calories and it's GOOD. Also, a cup looks like an enormous portion of yogurt so I feel like I pigged out.

Good old fibre. Fibre One bars, fruit, veg, etc.

Tuna. I get those Ocean's cans of tuna salad, like Thai and Sundried Tomato, and they have around 150cals in each. They really fill you up.

I'm trying to get back in the habit of listening to my hunger cues. While I was pregnant I'd eat just because it was mealtime, not because I was hungry - which is how I managed to gain 37 freakin' pounds - and I'm trying super hard to break that habit.

Only 3 more weeks and I should be able to work out again. I am looking forward to it - I think that if I can introduce some calorie burning along with this restricted caloric intake around 1300-1400 cals per day that will help knock of the last few pounds to at least hit pre-preg weight. I HOPE.

ETA: I don't know if you have an iPhone, but I downloaded the Daily Burn app and it tracks all my calories for the day. Super easy and way better than trying to remember it all on paper.
March 4th, 2011, 04:20 PM
Mama Theo's Avatar Supermom Extrordinare
Good luck Jilly! We should be birthday buddies. I turn 30 in August too (plus it's my 10 year anniversary) and I want to be in better shape than when I turned 20. I'm on my way!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search