How often do you..

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 8th, 2011, 07:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
..get your hair cut?

How often does your 3 y/o get their hair cut?

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
March 8th, 2011, 07:19 AM
*Mommie2Timmy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to *Mommie2Timmy*
I try for no more than every 2 months. I let it go for a while the first year and a half after Timmy was born, but then I asserted myself to Tim, and made it Clear that this was something that was important to me and was going to get done regardless.

Timmy gets his done every 3-4 weeks. We keep his hair buzzed. It's buzzed down to a "1" each time, and yes, really does need to be done monthly. I do have my own clippers, but for a while he would NOT let me do it. Sunday night I tried again and he let me so hopefully that continues, as I really don't like paying someone (even if its only $11) monthly if I can do it myself!!

Laura ~ Tim ~ Timmy

March 8th, 2011, 07:21 AM
IneedCoffee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
About 2-3 times a year I get a trim. When I had a style, I did it almost monthly.. but I am growing it back out.

I get Meg's cut by a shop every 4-6 months.. but trim it myself in between.

My Blog
March 8th, 2011, 07:56 AM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
I get my colour done every 5 weeks and a cut every other time, so every 10 weeks.

Aidan's gets cut about once every 3 months. Every 2 months would be better, but it's a bit of a drive to get to the place we use so I always end up putting it off a few extra weeks.

March 8th, 2011, 08:01 AM
spicymustard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I haven't done anything to my hair since Lilly was born. I got it chopped to just before my shoulders the December before she was born.

I got lillys hair cut at 18 months and then again 2 weeks ago. Guess I'm not that great in the hair maitence department.

March 8th, 2011, 08:06 AM
WineKeepsMeSane's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
oh geez

cut - every 4-5 weeks
dark colour - every other hair cut
pink - every 2 weeks, or it fades too much. I can do it at home, because those sections are bleached out to take the pink, and the pink only shows up on those areas.

March 8th, 2011, 08:28 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
I go when I get fed up or my hair starts looking like a mullet since I have a kind of short cut. Soooo... every 2-3 months I put my foot down and leave the house alooooone.

Kaija goes about every 6 weeks.
March 8th, 2011, 08:57 AM
LisaMarie!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not very often but I'm getting the itch again. i normally get it cut above my shoulders close to my ears so I can leave it down in uniform.

Aiden-2-3 times a year. I tend to let it grow out and then cut it.

<
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

March 8th, 2011, 09:15 AM
*Cyndee*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to *Cyndee*
I'm lucky if I get 2 hair cuts a year. Maddie only needs one every 6 months to a year.

March 8th, 2011, 10:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I get my hair done every 6 weeks - trim, colour, highlights, low lights.. whatever.

Sam has only had her hair cut twice. Once at 2 years old and once right after she turned 3. She has slooooow growing hair!

<3

<3
March 10th, 2011, 07:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
With all these haircuts happening, I feel like we need more pictures! For the longest time, I really only cut my hair about every six months or so. Since I got my bangs cut, I have been really good about maintenance. I aim for 6-8 weeks for the regular trim (which usually ends up being closer to 12 weeks, and I have to get a bang trim every 3-4 weeks. Luckily, the place I get my haircut is only a few minutes from my work so I can hop in for a bang trim and be in and out in about 15 minutes. I just got the Brazilian too (which is amazing by the way) so I will have to maintain that. It's supposed to last 3-6 months, so we'll see.

London- London's hair grows super slowly. I usually get her hair cut every 6 months or so. If her bangs start looking too long, I trim them at home. I am planning to take her in for a cut this weekend because she's been asking for it, but it really hasn't grown out that much.
March 11th, 2011, 04:47 AM
likelooptid's Avatar ~Ramah~
Send a message via AIM to likelooptid Send a message via Yahoo to likelooptid
I like to go every few months since I'm growing it back out. I need to go in and get a trim and maybe have my highlights touched up. Before I deployed I had messed up my hair pretty bad dying it myself - so 6 months later it was like half blonde (ish) and half brown - it was a hot mess I'm trying to be better on maintenance.

Tags
gtky , qotd

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search