I know this is dumb

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 9th, 2011, 07:09 AM
jillylicious's Avatar mom always liked you best
But it's been bothering me so I'm going to vent.

My so called bestie. Friends for about 10 years. She stood up for me in my wedding. When I was in hospital with Jack she came and brought me gourmet cupcakes. She's a bit of an oddball, and our lifestyles are totally different (she is 32 this year and still lives at home with her parents, she is single, no kids, spends lots of time going out for dinners and drinks, etc.)

In spite of the different directions our lives have taken we always managed to keep in touch.

Well, Ruby's 4 weeks old today, and she hasn't called, emailed, or texted. I actually ended up sending her a message via Facebook to check in and see if she was still alive - yep, doing great, having fun, etc. She is a restaurant reviewer on the side so after 3 weeks I posted on her page asking if she had tried out a restaurant DH and I were considering. She replied and suggested we get together thsi weekend. I was all over it and tld her so.

Well, that was Monday, and I still haven't heard anything from her. She's supposed to be one of my closest friends, but it really seems like we've drifted apart HUGE. It's a shame. I don't have a lot of friends, and I thought it was cool that we'd stayed buddies, but here I am, a month after having a baby, and she didn't even call to say congrats.

My feelings are hurt, for sure. I'm not going to give her the gears or anything like that, just go with the flow, but I wanted to kind of vent about this and get it off my chest. Oh well. It happens, right?
March 9th, 2011, 08:33 AM
KellersMom517's Avatar Emily-Mom to Keller Henry
Ugh - sorry sweetie Yeah, it happens and it's not that fun. We have friends who we used to hang out with that I still love dearly and I know that we are still good friends in spirit..but we never hang out anymore. Some are single, some are married, but no kids yet...just at different points in our lives. It doesn't matter as much when your "station" in life doesn't revolve around your family/kids because schedules are still flexible and stuff, but we are always just doing different things. I am hoping that one particular couple gets knocked up soon so they hang out with us again But I know what you mean. It's not nice to not even call to congratulate you or check in to see how you are though! That's pretty inconsiderate I think.

Isla 10/27/10 and Keller 4/26/08
March 9th, 2011, 08:53 AM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awww, sorry to hear this, Jill. It sure does happen. I have a friend (same age as me - 31) who just moved out on her own last year and was single up until several months ago. We keep in touch through email but yeah, it sort of feels strained. We have such different priorities. I had a few other friendships fizzle out once I became a mom and they were still single and kidfree. It's a shame. I would definitely feel very hurt if the person I called my best friend didn't even call to congratulate me though. HUGS to you!

March 9th, 2011, 10:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't think it's dumb. I'd be hurt, too. Personally, I'd leave her be. Put the ball in her court, and if she tries to continue the friendship, fine. If she doesn't, it sounds like she's not worth your time. Maybe the friendship has just run its course.

[IMG]h ttp://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc187/kellybabe05/natural2.gif[/IMG]
March 14th, 2011, 05:14 AM
blessdmommy's Avatar Happy mama to 3!
Send a message via AIM to blessdmommy
No. That's not dumb at all. I've lost friends since having Ben and the vibe I get around this particular friend is just...weird. I understand how hurtful it can be.

Mama to 3, expecting #4 in December!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search