Yikes

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 28th, 2011, 12:24 PM
blondie-lox's Avatar Do NOT feed the Troll
Saw my midwife today and baby girl is measuring over 4 weeks ahead in fundal height. Yikes. I'm 19w2d today as per my calculations (I KNOW when we conceived), midwife says I'm 20w3d and I'm measuring at 24weeks. Good grief. I also got my results from my anatomy scan and baby girl is perfect and also measuring BIG on ultrasound. I had my 2hr glucose test last week and I passed it with flying colours, which is AWESOME, as my midwife was worried I may have had undiagnosed gestational diabetes with Lincoln due to his size. I had 3 blood draws, one when I first got there after fasting for 12hrs and my number was 4.0 (anything below 5.0 is a pass). Second draw an hour later after drinking the sugar drink and my number was 4.3 (anything below 10 is a pass) and my last draw was 2 hrs after the first one and my number was 4.5 (again anything below 10 is pass), so hurray for awesome sugars! So it's definitely not diabetes that's causing the large babies. I blame Evan (he's 6'5'') because Phoenix was only 8lbs9oz at 40w3d, and both Lincoln and this baby are proving to be behemoth children. I think I'm going to start a pool to see how big this little on will be. I'm thinking at least 11lbs, as is my midwife. Yikes.

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!
April 28th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow! At least you know the baby is getting enough.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!
April 28th, 2011, 01:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Glad it's not looking like GD! With both girls I measured ahead by up to 3 weeks at least once and they were both pretty average (Lily was 7lbs, 6oz and Vi was 8lbs, 5oz)

April 28th, 2011, 03:42 PM
kallie74's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I didn't have gestational diabetes either (was checked more than once!) and yet I birthed an 11-pounder! Hey, I can use another mama in that 'club' with me! Not that it's really a club you'd WANT to be in! Here's to hoping your babe slows in growth a bit and doesn't hurt Mama on the way out!

christmas 2011 - so excited for Santa
April 28th, 2011, 04:59 PM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It is normal for your fundal height to measure ahead with 2nd, 3rd and more children. Their siblings have already stretched things out so your body knows the drill. I always measured a couple weeks ahead with Nate and he was 7lb 10oz (my biggest by over a pound!)

Hoping pretty princess is just a healthy girl and not an 11lber :O

And YAY for no GD!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search