Screw This *updates*

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 5th, 2011, 07:01 AM
KellersMom517's Avatar Emily-Mom to Keller Henry
I am tired of being overweight. I am calling to make myself an appointment at a Medical Weightloss Center because I just can't do this right on my own I am so nervous about being able to stick to a rigid program, but I think it's exactly what I need since I am so not honest with myself or anyone else about the choices I am making to eat when I am here alone by myself all day. I need to be held accountable and while I know a rapid weight loss program is not a lifestyle change - it may just be the kickstart I need to reprogram my brain and my body's cravings that seem to still be hanging on after pregnancy!

I have gained a whopping 70 pounds since I married Eric. I gained about 35 before I even got pregnant slowly over 5 years or so. then I gained another 35 pounds after I had Keller during several months of PPD. I didn't gain any weight when I was pregnant with Isla and quickly lost about 17 lbs after she was born, but I couldn't maintain it. I just kept on eating like I still pregnant and it came right back on

I am done being the person that is embarrassed to go shopping, or to bring my kids to a waterpark, or to play soccer (I would love to actually do this, and I CAN do it, I just won't because I'm afraid people will look at me). I hate even talking about this because I don't want anyone to know how out of control I've gotten, but I'll never change if I can't be honest about it so I'm relying on you girls to help me

UPDATES
I attended a seminar at the clinic yesterday evening (DH was thrilled, he had to take care of two cranky kids through bedtime! LOL) - and signed up for their 12 week program! The seminar was super informative regarding reasons behind things like stress eating, sugar cravings, etc. Opened my eyes to a lot of my habits and helped me know that a lot of them were physical responses/cravings and that I didn't JUST have no willpower. LOL

Anyway - it's a protein and vegetable based diet - you can't even have fruit. Basically it is ensuring that your body will ONLY burn fat and not sugar or muscle. Obviously this weightloss phase is not a diet you can keep up with, but they have you in that mode for 3-6 months and then for the remainder of the year you have once monthly follow up appointments in maintenance mode (after they've taught you how to eat normal food again). It's considered a VLCD (very low calorie diet), as you eat less than 1000 calories/day.

I go for bloodwork tomorrow morning (have to fast) to check my stats (cholesterol, triglycerides, blood sugar, thyroid, etc) - and they can personalize the program based on the results. So my first official appointment is next Wednesday and then I can expect to lose 40-50 lbs in the following 12 weeks. YAY!

I am so thankful that DH is on board with this because it is really expensive ($2100 for 12 weeks) but he knows that I am desperate for this change and that it will be good for our marriage (ie I may actually let him see me naked again!) and our kids. A lot of the women there got all excited about the program, and you could see how much they wanted it, and then had to turn it down when they saw the price tag I felt terrible because I know how hopeless I feel and how lucky I am to be able to do this.

So wish me luck!! I will post pictures as I make progress.

Isla 10/27/10 and Keller 4/26/08

Last edited by KellersMom517; May 11th, 2011 at 07:54 AM.
May 5th, 2011, 07:44 AM
jillylicious's Avatar mom always liked you best
Em!

I am SO PROUD of you.

I think you've hit your wall - I know that is what it took for me to try to lose weight after Jack. I realized I was ashamed of myself. I can remember typing the exact same words as you - "I don't want to be that person anymore."

It's like one morning you just wake up and say "Okay, I'm done now." And that's it. It's like a reset button has been pushed. A switch in your brain is flipped and suddenly you're not thinking like a heavy person - suddenly you're thinking "Jeez, I better not have that cookie" - and you DON'T. And you don't feel deprived, or bummed out, because you suddenly see how much more there is to it.

When I finished high school I was about 120lbs. When I delivered Jack, 10 years later, I was over 200lbs (I stopped counting.) I. Was. Fat.

My boobs were enormous. I wore a bra the size of a pup tent. I was constantly mad and sad and HATED looking in the mirror. After Jack I hit my wall and realized I didn't want to feel that way anymore. Not only was getting dressed depressing but I could see how unhappy I was and didn't want to replicate that kind of behaviour around my kid(s).

Over the course of about 18 mos I lost about 75lbs. It's a mental game. It's about how you think, not about how you eat. If you think right you'll stop having the bigger portions, you'll be okay with just a little taste, you know there will be another chocolate bar around the next corner.

You can totally, totally do this. Other people have done it, and they are no smarter or stronger than you are.

Get excited, lady! Take it day by day and look forward to buying a sexy dress to show off your new body, or the day you get to wear a bikini. It WILL happen!

My biggest tip is to stop eating white stuff - no bread, no rice, no pasta, no refined sugars (that's REALLY the hard one) - and make sure every meal has some veggies involved. Oh, and buy a cookbook with a whole bunch of snazzy salad recipes. It makes meals way more fun, especially when you're trying out new vinaigrettes or combinations.

You can do this! We're here for you all the way!
May 5th, 2011, 08:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
*Hugs* Em! Getting started is the hardest part, but you can do it!

[IMG]h ttp://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc187/kellybabe05/natural2.gif[/IMG]
May 5th, 2011, 09:00 AM
MommyToCooper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good for you for taking the first step.

We're here to support you Em. Lean on us whenever you need to!

I'm looking for a workout buddy... maybe we can virtually support each other!
May 9th, 2011, 01:40 PM
DonovinsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good for you Emily. I too am hoping that I can be successful this time around. I have 30lbs to lose and it is extremely intimidating to me. Especially since I am only 4'8" so it will take me about 30 weeks to lose this weight. I am not very good at staying committed when I don't see results right away. I haven't figured out how to stay motivated once I get to about 113lbs. (healthy weight for me is 82-111lbs) So I have 10lbs until I get to my major wall that I have had for YEARS.
May 12th, 2011, 10:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Good for you Emily! That sounds really intense but I hope it's worth it and that you see some fabulous results.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search