What book

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 21st, 2011, 08:33 AM
Captain Pieffle
is currently on your night stand? Or what are you reading right now?

I'm reading House Rules by Jodi Picoult. It's a pretty good book, I seem to be flying through it.

Thanks to leecat for making my Awesome siggy!
May 21st, 2011, 08:38 AM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Love and Respect by Dr. Emmerson Eggerichs and His Needs, Her Needs by Willard F. Harley Jr. I am reading them both for my military wives Bible group.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

May 21st, 2011, 11:02 AM
lilly_&_hunter's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have 2 books on my nightstand right now. I haven't had 1 book on my nightstand for about a year.... so, this is not normal for me.

1. BossyPants by Tina Fey

2. Lies that Chelsea Handler Told Me by the crew from Chelsea Lately

I only read funny, easy going books. I love all of Chelsea's other books, so I'm excited to read this one. And I think Tina Fey is so hilarious.
May 21st, 2011, 12:10 PM
lovemyleah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't think I have read a book since I read "100,001 Baby Names" three years ago....

But, alas, I just borrowed Escape from the library. It's by Carolyn Jessop, one of the wives who escaped the polygamy sect run by Warren Jeffs. I'm on like page 17, but it's a definite start for me!

May 21st, 2011, 06:51 PM
The Jen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well I have my kindle on my nightstand...

I just finished reading Water For Elephants...actually...there was another book I read after that...I just can't remember the name...and now I'm reading another book...but again, I can't remember the name...I read a lot of books, and generally go through them quickly. That is why I LOVE my kindle!

Interested in Cloth Diapers and other kid/baby products? Then Check out my store!! www.chickadeebabies.com
May 21st, 2011, 07:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Jen- do you do swagbucks? I get about a giftcard a month for amazon because of it. If you don't do it, use my referral and check it out. I also LOVE my kindle. I read 53 books last year (more than one per week!) I haven't been reading as fast because of Delaney.

Earn Rewards Points and Redeem Them For Free Stuff at Swagbucks.com

Right now I'm reading the second in the Outlander series. "Dragonfly in Amber". LOVE these books even though I never expected to!

Thank you so much GraysMama, *kiliki*, sugary~snails, AlexAiden Mommy, Typical Vampire, BAM, and claire1979!!!

May 21st, 2011, 08:35 PM
mommy2tns's Avatar real & spectacular.
Send a message via MSN to mommy2tns
I am currently reading Love Wins by Rob Bell and The Lake House by James Patterson. I am very slow to read books LOL!

Thank you so much *Kiliki* for another amazing siggy!
May 21st, 2011, 08:50 PM
Gray Sea's Avatar I love Disneyland
I have my Nook on my bedside! LOL...I'm reading some Emily Griffin book. And, My Sister's Keeper. Sad book. And Jess, I also love all of Chelsea's books!! And I have Tina's on my Nook, I just have to get to it! I can't wait to read it. I love Tina and Chelsea!

Thank you Tasha_Mae for my spooky siggy
May 22nd, 2011, 05:43 AM
The Rikki-Lee's Avatar Super Mommy
I just finished reading Escape by Carolyn Jessop this morning! Great book.

Thank you kyleighsmom2008 for my siggie
May 22nd, 2011, 06:12 AM
The Jenn's Avatar Waiting for Baby #2!!
I'm reading House Rules too! I'm enjoying it. If you like this one, read The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time. next. I can't remember the author, but it's another one about a boy with Asperger's. It's really good. The entire book is from his perspective.

*New Siggy Coming Soon!*

Jenn, mommy to Emma and Ruby.

May 22nd, 2011, 09:11 AM
~*Mandy*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm not reading anythng right now I go in spurts. When fall/winter comes or after we are settled moving I'll probably be reading more. Id love any recomendations!

*Thank you *Sharon* for my amazing siggy!*

May 22nd, 2011, 06:56 PM
The Aubrey's Avatar cw. piffle snot
I second The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time! It's Mark Haddon. I'm gonna have to download House Rules. I love Picoult, but couldn't get into Songs of the Humpback Whale for some reason and haven't read a book of hers since.

Right now I'm in the middle of the Immortal Series. I'm still a sucker for Young Adult books! And my light funny read right now is If You Were Here by Jen Lancaster. I just love her style!

May 23rd, 2011, 12:27 AM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
I can use swagbucks to get amazon cards for books for my reader?...seriously??...omg.... its like the gates of heaven have opened up for me....... *ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh*

April 15th I posted 17 books on FB that I was going to read. Ive read 4 of those books so far. One of those books was Janet Evonvich's Stephanie Plum series it was books 1-3. After reading those I put a hold on reading the rest of my books as that series has 17 books. As of May 1st, Ive read books 4-7. I plan to start book 8 tomorrow. THEY ARE AWESOME.

Ive been offered by an up and coming author to recieve her books for free on my reader if I review them on amazon. Ive read one of her books, WAS AWESOME. havent got to her second book yet but she is offering me her latest book for my reader for free for a review so I will be reading that soon. Her name is Talia Jager, the first book is called "Natalie's Story." Its very cheap on amazon and its a very beautiful story.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!

Last edited by The Lesha; May 23rd, 2011 at 12:30 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search